• alan daniel
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • corycory Posts: 736
    excuse me for my stupidity, but is this Carl Perkins anyone famous?

He only influenced the Beatles. All three of the living members visited his wife here in Jackson when Carl died. I touched George Harrison with my stomach and sat 6 feet from Garth Brooks. I could smell his aura. Other than that, he was no big deal.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
    NUH UH! you are not related to Carl Perkins! NUH UH!!!!

:eek: nuh uh! your grampa was part of the Perkin's brothers?? nuh uh! no fucking way NUH UH!!! :faints:

*shakes head in disbelief*

oh, mine is Rosemary. which is just stupid when coupled with my first name...

It's a True Story.

I'm working with his son Stan on getting some of my songs copyrighted and then recorded.

• cory wrote:
    He only influenced the Beatles. All three of the living members visited his wife here in Jackson when Carl died. I touched George Harrison with my stomach and sat 6 feet from Garth Brooks. I could smell his aura. Other than that, he was no big deal.
    uhhhh.........i knew that. :o
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • cory wrote:
    Clayton.

Named after my grandfather who was Carl Perkins' brother.

He killed himself on Christmas Eve 1973.

2 months before I was born.

Nice fella though.
    wow, i didn't know you were related to carl perkins!
  • excuse me for my stupidity, but is this Carl Perkins anyone famous?

Son, without the famous Mr. PErkins (and the Perkin Brothers) there would be no such thing as ROCKABILLY which is in fact, the horny ass drunken brazen and hopelessly awesome MOMMA of Rock (the daddy was a mixture of straight blues...but he didn't exactly stick around for the birth if you get my drift ;) )

um maybe you are familiar with Blue Suede Shoes (that HACK Elvis made it morefamouser, but PERKINS did that song RIGHT!

you gotta hear "TURN AROUND" "daddy sang Bass" and oh lord so many others...oh just listen to some Perkins and you will GET Rock and Roll...

:D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • cory wrote:
    It's a True Story.

I'm working with his son Stan on getting some of my songs copyrighted and then recorded.

oh my great horny good lord you better!! OH, dude that would be so super awesome!

dude seriously, that is flippin so cool!

YAY! cory YAY!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • cory wrote:
    It's a True Story.

that is too damn cool

i remember seeing carl perkins on tv (hee haw?), my dad's a huge country music fan so i know him, definitely one of the architects of rock n roll!
  • uhhhh.........i knew that. :o
    awww no shame in it! you are young and alot of people my age dont know who Carl Perkins is.

I mean, you are what, 15??? my neice's age - she is a wiz at Rock music info because she was forced to take my "music appreciation class" and that is why she is a pearl jam, AIC, soundgarden, The Who, The Doors, Zeppelin, grateful dead, the kinks, the rolling stones, mudhoney, motherlovebone, flying burrito brothers and neil young fan.

she is a sweet good girl...comes on this site occasionally...and has been directed away from any of my posts. ;)

seriously, Drop the leash, you need to look into Carl Perkins. ;) listen to your auntie Failedp ;)

I'm good for you, I'm like maltomeal, I'm like SOUP...I'm like nuthin bad let me tell you that much....:D
    Son, without the famous Mr. PErkins (and the Perkin Brothers) there would be no such thing as ROCKABILLY which is in fact, the horny ass drunken brazen and hopelessly awesome MOMMA of Rock (the daddy was a mixture of straight blues...but he didn't exactly stick around for the birth if you get my drift ;) )

um maybe you are familiar with Blue Suede Shoes (that HACK Elvis made it morefamouser, but PERKINS did that song RIGHT!

you gotta hear "TURN AROUND" "daddy sang Bass" and oh lord so many others...oh just listen to some Perkins and you will GET Rock and Roll...

:D

Although Carl was a great guitar player (for his kind of music) he did not have the use of his pinky finger on his fret hand.

A little trivia for you.

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Diane. It's my dad's favorite name.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• awww no shame in it! you are young and alot of people my age dont know who Carl Perkins is.

I mean, you are what, 15??? my neice's age - she is a wiz at Rock music info because she was forced to take my "music appreciation class" and that is why she is a pearl jam, AIC, soundgarden, The Who, The Doors, Zeppelin, grateful dead, the kinks, the rolling stones, mudhoney, motherlovebone, flying burrito brothers and neil young fan.

she is a sweet good girl...comes on this site occasionally...and has been directed away from any of my posts. ;)

seriously, Drop the leash, you need to look into Carl Perkins. ;) listen to your auntie Failedp ;)

I'm good for you, I'm like maltomeal, I'm like SOUP...I'm like nuthin bad let me tell you that much....:D
    ok auntie im on it ;)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    that is too damn cool

i remember seeing carl perkins on tv (hee haw?), my dad's a huge country music fan so i know him, definitely one of the architects of rock n roll!

To be honest, I only met him a handful of times. I didn't really appreciate him and what he did until I got older and started playing music myself. There's a lot of bad blood in the Perkins side of the family.

We call it "the Perkins Gene"....those motherfuckers are crazy. My mom included.

• cory wrote:
    Although Carl was a great guitar player (for his kind of music) he did not have the use of his pinky finger on his fret hand.

A little trivia for you.
    woah.

did you just hear that?

it was the sound of my mind getting blown.
    POOF. there it went again.

seriously? I did not know that...my dad is a huge Carl Perkin's fan...I am gonna tell him that one!
    if you dont mind my asking why didnt he have the use of it??
    woah.

did you just hear that?

it was the sound of my mind getting blown.
    POOF. there it went again.

seriously? I did not know that...my dad is a huge Carl Perkin's fan...I am gonna tell him that one!
    if you dont mind my asking why didnt he have the use of it??

I don't really know. But watch some video of him. His pinky finger is curled up and deformed looking.

• cory wrote:
    I don't really know. But watch some video of him. His pinky finger is curled up and deformed looking.
    I am actuall putting in an old dvd that a friend of my dad's made for me - i think it has some hee haw performances and stuff it's mostly carl perkins...I am gonna check...this is so cool.

I feel like a total doofus tho...
  • cory wrote:
    To be honest, I only met him a handful of times. I didn't really appreciate him and what he did until I got older and started playing music myself. There's a lot of bad blood in the Perkins side of the family.

We call it "the Perkins Gene"....those motherfuckers are crazy. My mom included.
    damn really? aw sorry they are so loopy...but that's an impressive music gene to have floating about in the pool :)
  • ok auntie im on it ;)
    I like you kid. you are pretty freakin awesome...I wont bad mouth any goddamned snot nosed teenagers because of you...goddammned snot noses...think they know it all...grumble grumble grumble...:D

cory wrote:

that is even kinda cool...see, i told you I am a total doofus. :o
  • Tom K wrote:
    Aloysius here..
    No way???
    Me too!
    I thought i was gonna be the only one and get ripped for it.
    People who read it will not know how to pronounce it.
    The best way to describe it is "Aloe-wish-is".

I'm Sicilian and Greman. I do no know where it comes from.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • I just google'd Carl Perkins b/c I never heard of him?
    I am shocked people in here have!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    My middle name is Cuyler
  • Verity-Ann

and I love it :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Beware, first it was your christian name and now its middle name, next it'll be your date of birth. Some bespectacled taiwanese waiter is collating this, with the proceeds from mass identify theft he is attempting to purchase a de-commisioned nuclear warheads to pass onto the Indonesian government.

Christopher.
  • Sabine - I really dunno where they got that idea.... :o:D
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    William
  • Kavla :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bottle

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Albert (didn't like it when i was young, but now i think it's pretty cool.)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC