mmm....sushi

TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I love sushi.

I do not like uni, though. ew. I had it on my birthday because my friend is even more crazy about sushi than I am and he insisted I try it. Oh my, no thanks, and I love it all.
Oh, and not too crazy about octopus.

We have alot of good places in CT.

There is one place out west...maybe Oregon or Washington, had this awesome sushi place where the sushi went around one big bar on a train! :) Kind of like the sushi places in Hong Kong where all of the dishes are color coded and you just grab what you want off the belt. That is the coolest.
Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sushi Is My Life.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    hmm...i guess i can tell it's almost supper time, with all these threads about food.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I love sushi.

I do not like uni, though. ew. I had it on my birthday because my friend is even more crazy about sushi than I am and he insisted I try it. Oh my, no thanks, and I love it all.

There is one place out west...maybe Oregon or Washington, had this awesome sushi place where the sushi went around one big bar on a train! :) Kind of like the sushi places in Hong Kong where all of the dishes are color coded and you just grab what you want off the belt. That is the coolest.

What's 'uni'? :o
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Sushi is my favorite food.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    What's 'uni'? :o
    Sea urchin.
    It is considered a delicacy to many. It is mustard yellow, weird and creamy...one of those bad textures for many people...me included.

I just wanted to cleanse my palate from reading about donuts. :p
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I love sushi.

yeah i love sushi if you are ever in SAN FRANSISCO there is a restaurant were the shushi goes by you on these little boats man that place is out of this world good don't remember the name though ,but here on long island we have a place called KOTOBUKI the place is great the best sushi i've tasted .....tuna carpaccio anyone uhmmm uhmmm good ..:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    suuuushi!!!!!! :D

we really got into it when we lived in WA. good, fresh sushi is a beautiful thing. we went to a place in Vancouver with the only 'floating' sushi bar. we didn't get to sit there as it was very busy but the sushi was mmm mmm good.

however, i cringed everytime we walk into Kroger and see the sushi they sell there. will never eat store bought sushi again...

mmm, octopus :D

have you ever had sea urchin?

do you specialize in any particular thing there in CT?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I eat it at least once a week.
  • Those green dragon rolls...mmm...avocado...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Sea urchin.
    It is considered a delicacy to many. It is mustard yellow, weird and creamy...one of those bad textures for many people...me included.

I just wanted to cleanse my palate from reading about donuts. :p

Oh yeah, those little things that are quite cute. Very small. Live in rockpools?

I'm not a fan of seafood and shellfish because of the texture-like you said. I'm classy like that. :cool: ;)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,837
    DID someone say sushi?
    Trix were you trying to lull me out of my late afternoon workload?

Where to begin?

I am a sushi fanatic. My wife is japanese and I visit Japan once a year to go on an eating tour.

Love it all except for some of the darker, more oily fish in the mackerel family

In a perfect world, all sushi should be eaten within seconds after it is made.
    For that reason, I rarely eat prepared sushi and NEVER eat at the turntable/boat places. You never know how long its been out there.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    mmmm... bait
    Get_Right wrote:
    DID someone say sushi?
    Trix were you trying to lull me out of my late afternoon workload?

Where to begin?

I am a sushi fanatic. My wife is japanese and I visit Japan once a year to go on an eating tour.

Love it all except for some of the darker, more oily fish in the mackerel family

In a perfect world, all sushi should be eaten within seconds after it is made.
    For that reason, I rarely eat prepared sushi and NEVER eat at the turntable/boat places. You never know how long its been out there.
    I know....but they are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
    Yes, I was trying to lure you out of doing your work.
    Next time I ask for a nudie, just send it and I won't have to do this.

Yes, I have had sea urchin Brainpj. Just that one time.

What do you mean by specialize? The whiffle ball was created here, as well as the frisbee.
  • Spicy tuna roll.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ah man just give me tuna sashimi... that's my death row meal.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,837
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I love sushi.

Ah
    you need to try some fresh uni
    99% of the sushi bars do not serve proper uni
    Octopus: That red/purple octopus is steamed and is not raw
    Raw octopus has much better texture and flavor.

Same with eel. That dark brown eel is smoked and fully cooked.
    It is much more delicate and delicious when lightly steamed

anyway, Ive been eating more sashimi these days
    YUM
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    I love sushi too!!! have you ever tried a sushi with avocado and salmon? it's my favourite!
    Those green dragon rolls...mmm...avocado...
    Oh yeah....with the thinly sliced avocado draped over it???
    Oh my.

I love sashimi too. My friend Craig and I like to go out for someone's birthday and order a boat because we dig the sashimi..eveyone else, not as much. So we are eating like royalty.

There is an awesome place in CT called Jerry Sans....awesome!
    Also some good places in Westport like TaiPan and Tengda.
  • Love Sushi!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/IMG_6513.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/NewBestFriend/IMG_2281.jpg

I like looking at it... photographing it...

'Almost' as much as I like to eat it :D
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Get_Right wrote:
    Ah

YUM

Yeah, I've had eel both raw and smoked/cooked. The unagi sushi is smoked eel.

Get_Right wrote:
    Ah

YUM
    :o Is it bad that I love sashimi so much that I will just sometimes buy and awesome piece of fish and you know....prepare it myself??? :o
    I am getting pretty good at rolling my own. It is fun. But hello, you need a really sharp knife.
    yeah i love sushi if you are ever in SAN FRANSISCO there is a restaurant were the shushi goes by you on these little boats man that place is out of this world good don't remember the name though ,but here on long island we have a place called KOTOBUKI the place is great the best sushi i've tasted .....tuna carpaccio anyone uhmmm uhmmm good ..:D
    We still need to go out for sushi and martinis friend.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    :o Is it bad that I love sashimi so much that I will just sometimes buy and awesome piece of fish and you know....prepare it myself??? :o
    I am getting pretty good at rolling my own. It is fun. But hello, you need a really sharp knife.

Not bad at all, if it's fresh enough... I wish I knew how to make my own sashimi. Even if I did, most of the population of my area wouldn't even be able to spell 'fishmonger'.

TrixieCat wrote:
    What do you mean by specialize? The whiffle ball was created here, as well as the frisbee.

i meant specialize in any sushi that perhaps isn't as prevalent on the west coast.

kind of like mirugai in the Puget Sound area. i can't imagine you see a lot of this over there. i could be wrong though.

brainofPJ wrote:
    i meant specialize in any sushi that perhaps isn't as prevalent on the west coast.

kind of like mirugai in the Puget Sound area. i can't imagine you see a lot of this over there. i could be wrong though.
    Oh...gooey duck...um I had it once and it was not in CT.
    We love our salmon. lol

Here is Holden chowing down at JerrySan's
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2006955220_2aaa2e24a1.jpg?v=0
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    We love our salmon. lol

That's one mother of a plate of rice he's got!

And cool that he uses chopsticks.

• I love sushi. We are so lucky because we do have a lot of good sushi places out here. A sushi chef told my (now ex) husband that Octopus is good for "the sex". He didn't eat it, so I can't vouch for the reliability of that information. :D
    That's one mother of a plate of rice he's got!

And cool that he uses chopsticks.
    :) He loves rice.
    They rig up the stix so they have a rubber band around them and it holds them together. He is really good at snagging a piece of sushi. lol But if it is too fishy...back to the plate it goes.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    We love our salmon. lol

haha, nice pic.

yea, one of my favorite things is salmon...hmm, i don't believe over in Japan they even eat salmon as sushi. i remember my wife telling me this.

i told her, screw it....i likey me eaty!!!

• TrixieCat wrote:
    :) He loves rice.
    They rig up the stix so they have a rubber band around them and it holds them together. He is really good at snagging a piece of sushi. lol But if it is too fishy...back to the plate it goes.

Haha cool :D Yeah they looked held together somehow. He'll be a heartbreaker; does he get it from his madre?

I love sushi. We are so lucky because we do have a lot of good sushi places out here. A sushi chef told my (now ex) husband that Octopus is good for "the sex". He didn't eat it, so I can't vouch for the reliability of that information. :D
    They apparently say that about uni too.
    Here is my take on it.
    I get a little...I don't know how to say it nicely....frisky? after eating sushi. It is like the perfect combo of protein and carb...more protein..add in a glass or 2 of red wine...oh my.