Options

psychic experiences

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    justam wrote:
    Mine are more feeling based rather than visual. I feel my sister's calls before the phone rings or I know someone is thinking about me because I can feel it. I used to note the times in my calendar just to check if I was right. ;):)
    The phone thing is easy to explain. some people are more in tune to electrical disturbances. My mother, for instance, has the same intuition as a cat in that she knows when a lightning storm is going to happen, often way before the weather forecast announces it.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    I had a friend in uni who had only dreamed a handful of times in his life (that he's aware of - remembers - anyway). After each dream, he has found out that the person he dreamed about died. Scary.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    I'm very much into metaphysical things and am learning more how to tap into my intuitive skills.

further...

I meditate using the numerous crystals I have accumulated over the years.
    I'm trying to learn tarot cards.
    I lived in two haunted houses.
    I have felt spirits at cemeteries.
    I've been visited in my dreams by family members who have passed.

I have an identical twin and I can't tell you how many times I've heard what she was thinking, felt pain when she was in labor and the most annoying thing... if we don't call each other before we go out, we will inevitably be wearing the same thing or similar colors. We don't like the "matching twin" look. ;)
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm very much into metaphysical things and am learning more how to tap into my intuitive skills.

further...

I meditate using the numerous crystals I have accumulated over the years.
    I'm trying to learn tarot cards.
    I lived in two haunted houses.
    I have felt spirits at cemeteries.
    I've been visited in my dreams by family members who have passed.

I have an identical twin and I can't tell you how many times I've heard what she was thinking, felt pain when she was in labor and the most annoying thing... if we don't call each other before we go out, we will inevitably be wearing the same thing or similar colors. We don't like the "matching twin" look. ;)
    My twin and I were in different classes in 1st grade. For art we had to needlepoint something. I needlepointed her wearing a purple dress and green hat, and she needlepointed me wearing a purple dress and green hat. We didn't talk about it beforehand.

Also, when she threw up in bushes due to morning sickness I woke up. She was in Germany, and I was in Seattle. I remember thinking to myself, "What am I doing up at midnight!" Then ring-aling-aling, there she is crying on the phone. Twins rock!

I've tried other metaphysical tools to increase my psychic ability to no avail. I think I was distracted by the ritual. I used to do a 10-card spread, but a 3-card spread works just fine for my purposes. Have you tried Llewellyn site?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Have you tried Llewellyn site?

Yes, I have and I think I ordered a tarot deck from one of those sites.

I've read some books on reading tarot cards to increase my knowledge and understanding. For me, the hardest part is finding the quiet-time to study each card an reflect upon it. I haven't even attempted a layout yet! My kids see the cards and before long, my serenity is gone because I am yelling at them to give me back the cards. :D

Twins do rock! I have a younger sister but there is no bond like a twin bond.
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    One night I woke up from a dead sleep. This was a few years ago. I even rousted my husband. I was saying, "did you feel that? we just had a big earthquake." We even turned on the tv for about 5 minutes and there was nothing on the news. We went back to sleep.

In the morning, I turned on the tv and there had been a huge earthquake somewhere in South America (I think it was South America) that previous night at aproximately the same time we had woken up. People were dead and everything.

Hubby and I just sat there without saying a word. Then he looked at me and said "you're freaking me out".
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    most of my psychic experiences have to do with people dying, so that just sucks.

the first time that I was aware of this was when i was thirteen. to start with I used to go to a summer camp for a few weeks every year. I had this friend from camp, his name was Jimmy. despite the hell that he went through having C.F. he was always making jokes, he was hilarious. so after camp during the rest of the year we'd keep in touch by mail sporadically. I had written him in early Novemeber but i hadn't heard back from him yet, though i wasn't at all concerned because like I said the letters between us were sporadic.
    then one Monday morning in December I was sitting in English class kinda zoning out when I felt this intense chill go up my spine, that made me gasp so loud that it got the teachers attention. she came over to my desk and asked me what was wrong? then I asked her if we could talk about it out in the hall, away from all the prying ears. so I said to her "I don't know how to explain this but I think that my friend Jimmy just died."
    she asked me "had he'd been sick? and i told her not that I was aware of (for having CF he'd been doing really good) although at that time people with C.F. didn't live beyond their 20's.
    so the teacher said "you should try to get in touch with him and that i'd see that it was all just in my imagination." (and that was what i was sincerely hoping was the case)

so that day when i got home from school I tried to find a phone # for his family, and they were unlisted. so I wrote a quick letter asking him how he was doing and what was up, typical small talk stuff. I never heard anything back. so i tried to put it all to the back of my mind.

so March rolls around and my Mom has me call the camp director about the prices and payments for the upcoming summer sessions. Chuck gives me that info. then i asked him "btw Chuck, how is Jimmy doing?"
    the was a long pause and Chuck replied "oh sweetie, Jimmy died rather suddenly in December"
    then i told him "yeah i sensed that. did he die on December 13th?"
    he tells me "I'll have to look in his file to see what the date was. I'll call you back"
    so a few minutes later he calls me back and says "Yes, he did pass away on December 13th. how did you know that?
    and I replied "I just sensed it, i felt it out of the clear blue."

so yeah ever since then i've felt it a bunch of times. with some people especially if they've been sick I've even knew ahead of time the date that they were going to die. or i suddenly feel/sense them "leave" like with my Dad, even though i was 3000 miles away. it's happened one way or another alot of times with people and I hate it. quite simply it's NOT something that I wish or want to know.

but on the good, happy side. back when at first i was still casually dating my kids Dad i had this dream that we had two gorgeous kids; the little girl was older and a younger little boy. they both had big beautiful blue eyes, and darkish brown wavy/curly hair. I even told my friend Laura about it the next day as we were driving to the beach. she laughed and told me that I was nuts.

fast foward and that dream was right on the mark all except the beautiful kids ended up with my stick straight hair instead of it being wavy/curly. oh well, ya can't win all the details ;):)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    One night I woke up from a dead sleep. This was a few years ago. I even rousted my husband. I was saying, "did you feel that? we just had a big earthquake." We even turned on the tv for about 5 minutes and there was nothing on the news. We went back to sleep.

In the morning, I turned on the tv and there had been a huge earthquake somewhere in South America (I think it was South America) that previous night at aproximately the same time we had woken up. People were dead and everything.

Hubby and I just sat there without saying a word. Then he looked at me and said "you're freaking me out".

That gave me goosebumps.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    last summer i went down the shore with my friend, and the night before we left i had a dream that her aunts shore house didnt have air conditioning, and i woke up so grateful it was only a dream. but then when we got down there, their really was no air conditioning and my dream came true.

also i know things are going to happen before they happen, and when me and my friend are together theres always weird things that happen. for instance in this one video of us, there is this figure that slowly drifts around both of us and goes out the door. its weird.
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Yeah, they happen to me alot. No joke. Also, I think kids are more "in tune" with psychic abilities. I can give several examples, but I'm off to work right now.

I totally agree with this!
    My 3 and 4 year old's have psychic abilities that shock me. They don't realize anything. More times than I can count! Sometimes when we've been driving in the car, and I'll be thinking about random shit and they'll ask me about it out loud! For example, I was thinking about In n' out and how I wish we had one in town. The nearest one is 45 minutes away and the 4 year old asked, "Are we going to In 'n Out today?" And it wasn't anything I had mentioned, and we hadn't been there in months. Pretty crazy! One day it happened 3 times. I finally just asked her how she knew what I was thinking and all she could answer was, "I just did."

As far as myself being psychic... I never realized I was until I read everybody's responses and all of that same stuff has happened to me. :D
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    My mom always knows if I'm in trouble. She gets a weird feeling and tries to call me. It freaks me out sometimes.. about 4 years ago I was talking about this with somebody at work. We joked about it and I said jokingly I'd try to telepathically get her to call me at work. She NEVER calls me at work.. so I squint my eyes real hard and think about my mother and nothing else..

Less than thirty seconds later our work phone rings. My co-worker looks at me a little stunned. He picks it up and sure enough its my Mom. She had no reason to call. She was just checking on me. She thought something might be up.. To this day it really weirds me out.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i had a fun little one the other day in blockbuster. my girl and i went in to rent a movie (of course), and i turned and said to her, "i wonder what movie matt and mel are gonna rent?" she looked around and seeing only one other couple in in the store, she replys: "that's not matt and mel." so she starts laughing at me and calling me an idiot (lovingly of course), for a minute. then she stopped laughing and said, looking at the entrance to the store, "that's matt and mel." hehe, i won that one.
  • Options
    good lord where do i start?
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

I also makes me wonder if we have more natural intuition than we realize, but just aren't able to tap into it. Maybe we don't use it because we don't have to.
    absolutely. I used to have it... probably until my 20's. I'd ALWAYS know what the next song on the radio would be... I'd know when the phone was gonna ring... and I'd know who was at the other end. It was quite normal for me, things like that. It's pretty much all gone now. I try and I get it wrong 9 times out of 10 and I'd say the other one is just pure luck :o

I think there's so much we can do that we're completely unaware of.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I think one of the freakiest things that ever happened was when I was about 16 probably, me, my sister and two of our friends were sitting chatting in our room when I felt like something went through me and got a really really bad feeling. It passed but we all stopped talking at the same time and all went 'what the fuck was that?'. We'd all felt it. That was just weird.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Once when I was running in Seattle I felt someone hold me up, like lift my back up. I was definitely grateful because I was probably running using poor posture. That happened here once; someone was just holding up my left elbow. Again, I was grateful, and said Thank You to the air. That's really the coolest part about running - it's those psychocool experiences that would freak me out if I didn't really need the extra boost.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird