Options

psychic experiences

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I was thinking of the 2 major ones I've had the other night. The first one happened when I was 13. It was the middle of the summer and I didn't have many friends in jr high so I hadn't seen any of my classmates all summer. One night I dreamt about some random boy in my class and it was a very strong dream, and I woke up and I felt like I was going to see him that day. and then later in the day my mum was going to dry cleaners and for some reason I wanted to go with her. So we went to this strip mall, and there in the parking lot was the boy and his mother. I don't why I "had" to see him or whatever, but I've remembered it all these years because it was a very weird feeling.

the second one was the same type of thing and it happened when I was 27. I bought tickets to a Queens of the Stone Age show about a week before the show. When I bought the tickets I thought of an old friend of mine I hadn't seen for years because the show was at this club that usually didn't have rock shows and the last time I was there I had seen Pavement with this guy way back in high school. so anyway, as I'm going into the show I have this feeling that I'm gonna see this guy, but it doesn't make any sense because I knew he never liked QOTSA. And I mean this is a HUGE club with lots of people, and walk over to the left and he's standing in front of me (his gf liked QOTSA). It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I just *knew* I can't describe it. Both time were very very odd feelings.

share your's.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I've had millions. Millions. I see ghosts all the time. I'm used to it. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    My 6th sense experiences are usually physical. I.e., someone hit me out of a nightmare, and when I woke up no one was in the room. I usually chalk stuff like that up to dead grandparents showing up.

December 2002. The ONE BIZARRE psychic experience I had oddly enough had to do with Eddie Vedder. You may not believe this as my twin doesn't really believe it without thinking me crazy. Anyway I was working at a bookstore, Fremont Place books, and a man comes in asking for Empire by Hardt. He was an odd man. I got the feeling he was trying to hide himself. He was in a knit hat and glasses, but his movements were too quick. When I asked him questions, his answers were so quick, and short that he stuck out in my mind. For instance, "Would you like to be part of the frequent buyer club?" "NO!" People don't usually say "NO!" so empatically. He didn't yell it, but it was so quick. People usually said "Well, what's it about . . . Do I have to buy anything. . . etc etc etc" In an independent bookstore, people may choose to consider options. In an independent bookstore rarely do people move quickly. I mean come on, now. So, of course, I thought he was going to steal something. Instead of not noticing him, I was tracking everywhere he went. I was in the Ten Club fan club 10 years by this time, but all I knew about this person was that his movements were too quick for someone to browse in an independent bookstore. Anyway, we were talking about books, and I even looked him in the face, and still didn't clue in. One time he was telling me about an encyclopedic book that has epochs and decades, and columns and rows, and all of a sudden I see a FLOATING POST IT NOTE! I've never seen a floating post-it note. Like mid-air! Like just hanging in the air! On it was written "These are the eyes of Eddie Vedder." So, I stared at him, more because I never have 3rd Eye experiences, and he stared at me, and then we just continued talking about the book. He was there about 5-10 minutes probably because I was so clueless for most of it he was safe, you know. He was definitely trying to feel out if I was safe or not.

The funniest thing is that he was asking about books on Enlightenment, and since I read a lot of haiku I was thinking of Enlightenment in haiku, and I was totally confused! Man, I am rarely that confused. So eventually I directed him to the religion section after a little asking on his part where it was. At that time I still didn't realize it was him. Man, I was totally space cadet clueless. Golly.

Within a year is when I was hit out of a nightmare. That was some strange year.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I've had millions. Millions. I see ghosts all the time. I'm used to it. That's all I'm saying.

You have to say more than this!!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I see dead people :p

No seriously I had a dream once that I could see a body under the water in the harbour of my hometown . I mean there was a light shining under the water to show me the body and everything. It was a seriously freaky dream and the next day a body washed up there :eek:
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    My 6th sense experiences are usually physical. I.e., someone hit me out of a nightmare, and when I woke up no one was in the room. I usually chalk stuff like that up to dead grandparents showing up.

December 2002. The ONE BIZARRE psychic experience I had oddly enough had to do with Eddie Vedder. You may not believe this as my twin doesn't really believe it without thinking me crazy. Anyway I was working at a bookstore, Fremont Place books, and a man comes in asking for Empire by Hardt. He was an odd man. I got the feeling he was trying to hide himself. He was in a knit hat and glasses, but his movements were too quick. When I asked him questions, his answers were so quick, and short that he stuck out in my mind. For instance, "Would you like to be part of the frequent buyer club?" "NO!" People don't usually say "NO!" so empatically. He didn't yell it, but it was so quick. People usually said "Well, what's it about . . . Do I have to buy anything. . . etc etc etc" In an independent bookstore, people may choose to consider options. In an independent bookstore rarely do people move quickly. I mean come on, now. So, of course, I thought he was going to steal something. Instead of not noticing him, I was tracking everywhere he went. I was in the Ten Club fan club 10 years by this time, but all I knew about this person was that his movements were too quick for someone to browse in an independent bookstore. Anyway, we were talking about books, and I even looked him in the face, and still didn't clue in. One time he was telling me about an encyclopedic book that has epochs and decades, and columns and rows, and all of a sudden I see a FLOATING POST IT NOTE! I've never seen a floating post-it note. Like mid-air! Like just hanging in the air! On it was written "These are the eyes of Eddie Vedder." So, I stared at him, more because I never have 3rd Eye experiences, and he stared at me, and then we just continued talking about the book. He was there about 5-10 minutes probably because I was so clueless for most of it he was safe, you know. He was definitely trying to feel out if I was safe or not.

The funniest thing is that he was asking about books on Enlightenment, and since I read a lot of haiku I was thinking of Enlightenment in haiku, and I was totally confused! Man, I am rarely that confused. So eventually I directed him to the religion section after a little asking on his part where it was. At that time I still didn't realize it was him. Man, I was totally space cadet clueless. Golly.

Within a year is when I was hit out of a nightmare. That was some strange year.

floating post-its????

that was either a dead grandparent showing up or your coworkers fucking with you!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Yeah, they happen to me alot. No joke. Also, I think kids are more "in tune" with psychic abilities. I can give several examples, but I'm off to work right now.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    floating post-its????

that was either a dead grandparent showing up or your coworkers fucking with you!
    No coworkers but me. Definitely dead grandparents or guardians of some sort. The question is why would they care? Of course, I'm sure they know I'm a Pearl Jam fan, and since I couldn't figure it out myself, they decided to give me a BIG PUSH in the Get-A-Clue direction. I can see them laughing laughing laughing. I have a feeling I have a lot of good humored people around me :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Mine are more feeling based rather than visual. I feel my sister's calls before the phone rings or I know someone is thinking about me because I can feel it. I used to note the times in my calendar just to check if I was right. ;):)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Mine are more feeling based rather than visual. I feel my sister's calls before the phone rings or I know someone is thinking about me because I can feel it. I used to note the times in my calendar just to check if I was right. ;):)

That's actually not a bad idea. I think I might try that.

• Options
    I have an image that when I was having my second open heart surgery I was perpendicular to the table and staring out to someone behind the operating room door. I wrote of this before, but maybe in Moving Train. Anyway, I was scared of my dad, and I thought it was him, so I decided to get back in my body. Otherwise, I may have checked out, like gone bye-bye eternally. I think it was a guardian. I asked my dad if he was there, and he said no, but he did mention that the surgery was more difficult than I had presumed.
  • Options
    That's actually not a bad idea. I think I might try that.

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Also, I highly recommend that you read (short book) "Never Kiss them Goodbye" by Allison DuBois. She's the chick they created the tv show Medium about. I learned ALOT about psychic abilities...plus it's cute hearing about her girls and their abilities.

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    did you see a floating post it note in your mind or really? I do not understand, sorry!

this is always about recent deaths, unfortunately, why can't it be the lottery?
    when I was around 20, I picked up the newspaper and thought, "I bet somebody I know died." I read the obituaries and a guy from my high school had been killed at an intersection... No one had told me b/c I did not keep in touch with people from school. Last year, I was on my local paper's website and decided to read the obituaries. I thought, "why am I reading this, I barely know anyone around me except my immediate neighbors." Ick, the previous owner of our house had died. I hope he's not watching me when I'm in the shower or anything. (Hey I just decided that's not psychic b/c I did not think of him before I read it!)

I already told this before about my sick cat in august. There were different reasons given for his illness, such as pancrea-itis. As I made coffee the day he was having a sonogram, I thought of liver cancer. The doctor called a few hours later and said she counted 7 tumors of the liver :(
    There have been other things, but you never know, it could be a coincidence.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    I have been asleep before....

and then I hear as plain as day, "Lynn"

and I wake up and no one was there.....

bbbboooooooooooo......
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Not a real post-it note. Imagine that - levitating paper :D

It was my first experience of 3rd eye or mind's eye stuff. I read tarot so you would think I would have had more psychic non-tarot stuff happen. This man put me on the alert because I thought he was going to steal something, and when people are on the alert they get more sensitive to the environment. Maybe that was it.

Sometimes when I see pictures of my dead dog I go from a bad mood to a good mood in an instant, and then I know he's there.
  • Options
    I saw ed at a concert before at nissan pavillion in VA when pj was on a 3 week break from their 2000 tour. I'm 98 percent sure it was him! I mean, his best bud Neil was there. (this isn't psychic but I thought i'd mention it)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Not a real post-it note. Imagine that - levitating paper :D

It was my first experience of 3rd eye or mind's eye stuff. I read tarot so you would think I would have had more psychic non-tarot stuff happen. This man put me on the alert because I thought he was going to steal something, and when people are on the alert they get more sensitive to the environment. Maybe that was it.

you are scaring me!!!!!

I get scared easily.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    you are scaring me!!!!!

I get scared easily.
    You should've seen me! Holy shit! I tried to remain calm after he left because another customer was at the register, but I was totally overwhelmed with how to react to a floating post-it-note.

Not my usually run of the mill every day experience. The Eddie Vedder part is like a sub-story. That post-it-note 3rd eye communication weirded me out!

The worst part is - - - it hasn't happened since! Hey, you people floating around me, send me some funny news and good times!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    You should've seen me! Holy shit! I tried to remain calm after he left because another customer was at the register, but I was totally overwhelmed with how to react to a floating post-it-note.

Not my usually run of the mill every day experience. The Eddie Vedder part is like a sub-story. That post-it-note 3rd eye communication weirded me out!

The worst part is - - - it hasn't happened since! Hey, you people floating around me, send me some funny news and good times!

I wish someone would send me floating post-its when eddie vedder is around because he went right by me once and I totally missed it.

and dude, I totally thought you literally saw floating paper.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Sometimes when I see pictures of my dead dog I go from a bad mood to a good mood in an instant, and then I know he's there.

while cleaning out my junk drawer this weekend, I read some letters that were 25 years old from my great grandma. I felt happy and sad at the same time.
    was she there with me? she died in 1987.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

um, Ms. Haiku, I just went to skip ahead a song on iTunes just after reading this, and I looked at the title of the current song, and it was "Third Eye" by tool.
  • Options
    um, Ms. Haiku, I just went to skip ahead a song on iTunes just after reading this, and I looked at the title of the current song, and it was "Third Eye" by tool.
    good song
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    while cleaning out my junk drawer this weekend, I read some letters that were 25 years old from my great grandma. I felt happy and sad at the same time.
    was she there with me? she died in 1987.
    I don't know.
  • Options

That's weird.

And a good song.
  • Options
    GTD, I have experiences like the one you described every so often. When I first moved to Chicago, I had a couple of instances where I had a random and brief thought about someone from college and then saw them either that day or a few days later. That's not *completely* crazy, because most of the people I went to school with were from the Chicago area. But it was strange, given that not only is it a huge city to randomly spot someone in, but also because these were all people that I didn't really know. They weren't friends; they were just people I remembered from the odd class or activity.
  • Options
    GTD, I have experiences like the one you described every so often. When I first moved to Chicago, I had a couple of instances where I had a random and brief thought about someone from college and then saw them either that day or a few days later. That's not *completely* crazy, because most of the people I went to school with were from the Chicago area. But it was strange, given that not only is it a huge city to randomly spot someone in, but also because these were all people that I didn't really know. They weren't friends; they were just people I remembered from the odd class or activity.

I know neither of my experiences were impossible coincidences either, but just *knowing* something is going to happen before it does is weird. It's stuff like that that makes me wonder about what's going on "behind the scenes."
  • Options
    I know neither of my experiences were impossible coincidences either, but just *knowing* something is going to happen before it does is weird. It's stuff like that that makes me wonder about what's going on "behind the scenes."
    Disco.

Not only Dead Can Dance, but Dead Can Disco (shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing yah yah!)

No wonder people are trying to extend their lives through all means possible.
  • Options

I know exactly what you mean.

I also makes me wonder if we have more natural intuition than we realize, but just aren't able to tap into it. Maybe we don't use it because we don't have to.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean.

I also makes me wonder if we have more natural intuition than we realize, but just aren't able to tap into it. Maybe we don't use it because we don't have to.
    I've tried and tried and tried to no avail. I have to say, if I'm in a shitty mood, and I ask God, the angels, dead grandparents, whoever, to put me in a good mood with 5 minutes something funny happens.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I've tried and tried and tried to no avail. I have to say, if I'm in a shitty mood, and I ask God, the angels, dead grandparents, whoever, to put me in a good mood with 5 minutes something funny happens.

That's really great. I've only used vitamins to try to improve my mood.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more