Options

what's the deal with people not coming to work every single snowy day?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hang on dunk... so ME disputing YOUR 'fact' that parents don't drink is ME being argumentative?????? :D Hahahahahahaha... you've reached a new low level of arguing this morning m'dear! :p

no i was highlighting the fact that you could argue with anyone about anything and just be uber-stubborn about anything... :p

i never said parents dont drink... read the post... i said it would be more likely that a non-parent woud be out on the piss on a Sunday night and so therefore are more likely to miss a Monday at work... this is because as a parent i dont go out on a Sunday night cos i know i have to get up the next day and get kids off to school, look after the wee one who isnt at school yet, etc.. whereas a non-parent might just think... fuck it.. i'll stay in bed all day... i couldnt do that. so it was a theory i have.. but i could have bet that you, as a non-parent yet expert in the art of childcare, would argue with it.

it was my opinion, but i checked it out on http://www.dunkstats.com and i was fucking right all along. :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    oh you gonna fucking start on me now just cos I disagree with ya? :D If I see a point I disagree with, I'm gonna state my opinion (which you're not completely against doing either :D ). I've agreed with you on several things and whenever I DO disagree, you say I do it cos thats what I do? Awww... can't come up with anything to back up your own argument apparently? Hahahaa... funniest thing is, those who seem to have the biggest issues with it tend to be almost as much of a post whore than me :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    oh you gonna fucking start on me now just cos I disagree with ya? :D If I see a point I disagree with, I'm gonna state my opinion (which you're not completely against doing either :D ). I've agreed with you on several things and whenever I DO disagree, you say I do it cos thats what I do? Awww... can't come up with anything to back up your own argument apparently? Hahahaa... funniest thing is, those who seem to have the biggest issues with it tend to be almost as much of a post whore than me

i'm not starting and i dont really care about the issues people appear to have with anyone.. the 'heat' you are getting at the minute is nothing to do with me :(

my point was that i never once said "parents don't drink".. i just didnt even make the slightest mention of it... but you jumped in guns blazing and read what you wanted to read... thats why i got annoyed.. not cos you disagreed, but because you didnt read it right. :)

p.s.
    post whore ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm not starting and i dont really care about the issues people appear to have with anyone.. the 'heat' you are getting at the minute is nothing to do with me :(

my point was that i never once said "parents don't drink".. i just didnt even make the slightest mention of it... but you jumped in guns blazing and read what you wanted to read... thats why i got annoyed.. not cos you disagreed, but because you didnt read it right. :)

p.s.
    post whore ;)
    Ok, sorry I didn't mean to accuse you of being as idiotic as some of the others around... but when you tend to hear that crap, as often as I seem to be doing lately (people really are such wonderful lemmings :D ) I stop noticing who it comes from.

Ok, I apologise for taking your post out of context... You did say "people without kids are also the most likely to be off sick on a Monday" and I'm strongly disputing that. Perhaps in certain jobs like hotels or general kinda 'first job' jobs... but not in say 'grown up' jobs, I find there to be no difference and in this job like I said the worst offender has kids. I would say that from my observations, when it comes to men, sometimes having kids or not doesn't make a difference. You may be different.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ok, sorry I didn't mean to accuse you of being as idiotic as some of the others around... but when you tend to hear that crap, as often as I seem to be doing lately (people really are such wonderful lemmings :D ) I stop noticing who it comes from.

but 'that crap' was my opinion... worth no less or no more than yours.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    but 'that crap' was my opinion... worth no less or no more than yours.
    I was talking about this bit:

"no i was highlighting the fact that you could argue with anyone about anything and just be uber-stubborn about anything."

'opinion' or not, pot and kettle spring to mind :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    'opinion' or not, pot and kettle spring to mind :p

i've given up arguing... i like pretty much everyone on here so why bother... and even then i only ever did it on the MT and thats a no-go for me as apparently having my life and that of my family threatened if i ever go to America is a reason for me to be banned :confused: