what are you doing for the superbowl?

2»

Comments

• Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    I'll be in a house with around 25 Pats fans so I plan to drink to numb the pain and eat so much my girlfriend will have to roll me out of my buddies house.

I've always heard the rumor that there were straight guys out there who didn't watch sports. I always chalked it up to things like UFO's, the Loch Ness Monster, the sasquatch, things you here about but don't really exist. I guess I was wrong.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    But what I don't understand about people never watching the superbowl is, aren't you missing out on parties? It's just fun to go to someone's house and eat chili and drink beer for no real reason. I wouldn't want to miss out on such a social occasion.

not at ALL. we went to one superbowl party in our lives...great friends...and were bored to tears! everyone was totally into the game, discussing the game and sports all night of course........snnnooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeee! it's ONE day, who cares! there are PLENTY of parties to go to other days, i'd far rather do something else on superbowl sunday....like go to a movie, out to eat, shopping, stay home and watch a dvd, shag :p...whatever. i love going to friend's houses or having them here for a party for 'no reason' great times! don't need or want the superbowl for that. believe me, we/us feel like we are missing out on NOTHING! our lives are full of other things that make us hapy, and i have NO problem talking with just about anyone about anything, so i have no *need* for sports for convo starters, to get togehter with people, to party, etc, etc.

i say, those who enjoy such...good....ENJOY! :) me/us and the others like us, we will happily go off and enjoy other things. i am merely so thankful that i found a man who feels the same, it's great. certainly isn't the most important thing at all....but as one with zero interest, i don't think a sports fanatic and i would be a good match at all, is all. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    well what I have found is that there are far, far, more people interested in sports than interested in music, film, and art, and it crosses more social boundaries. Of course, I prefer to talk about music more than anything, but most of the people I run into in life could care less, close friends, complete strangers, and the guy who empties the trash in my office all included. Pus, it's hard to get an entire city riled up to party for anything else, as unfortunate as that might be.

to be honest i think it has alot to do with boston.. we are a sports town. we love our teams viciously and it pretty much is the only common bond running through alot of us. how many times have you gone to a bar downtown and seen guys wearing pats jerseys or red sox.. that doesnt happen other places!!! people actually dress up to go to a bar..

i dont know about you but ive never seen 80 year old women in bars on a sunday afternoon getting trashed and watching football besides boston...
    AllIAm wrote:
    i dont know about you but ive never seen 80 year old women in bars on a sunday afternoon getting trashed and watching football besides boston...

Next time you see my grandma, tell her to lay off the sauce. She always gets into fights when she drinks.
  • I've always heard the rumor that there were straight guys out there who didn't watch sports. I always chalked it up to things like UFO's, the Loch Ness Monster, the sasquatch, things you here about but don't really exist. I guess I was wrong.

I know plenty straight guys who don't aren't REALLY into sports, that are maybe on the same level as I am, usually because they're into music or something more. But pretty much everyone I know likes sports to some degree, as I said, I don't know how you could avoid it, it's everywhere. I don't know any women who never watch sports either. you pretty much don't have much of a choice :).
  • AllIAm wrote:
    to be honest i think it has alot to do with boston.. we are a sports town. we love our teams viciously and it pretty much is the only common bond running through alot of us. how many times have you gone to a bar downtown and seen guys wearing pats jerseys or red sox.. that doesnt happen other places!!! people actually dress up to go to a bar..

I used to think this but then I moved to North Carolina for 2 years and hung out with people from literally all over the country, and it's all the same. I do think that there is a bit more of it in boston in terms of it being completely ubiquitous and really serving as a common bond (it may have something to do with the diversity of the population). But man, you can't go ANYWHERE in NC if you don't have a favorite college basketball team. And really all my friends were into the teams from their respective cities. and we all still had a superbowl party...
  • AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    Next time you see my grandma, tell her to lay off the sauce. She always gets into fights when she drinks.

yea i think i saw her at the dropkick murphys show too.. she was in the pit with her steel toe boots on...

but seriously.. boston knows 2 things.. how to drink.. and how to scream at the tv whenever sports come on.
  • watching every second of the pregame show on fox and then dozing through the game....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • AllIAm wrote:
    yea i think i saw her at the dropkick murphys show too.. she was in the pit with her steel toe boots on...

but seriously.. boston knows 2 things.. how to drink.. and how to scream at the tv whenever sports come on.

the poor dropkick murphys. remember when they were a punk band and not the soundtrack for the channel 7 news?
    the poor dropkick murphys. remember when they were a punk band and not the soundtrack for the channel 7 news?

And appearing in the "Rolling Rally".
  • And appearing in the "Rolling Rally".

oh man, I cringed at that...the fact that my MUM knows them now can't be good...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    Im not that big into professional sports-its really not that important to me.
    I love going to sporting events (Giants tailgate parties are a lot of fun), but I dont watch a lot on TV.

I do follow the red sox, the giants and formula one racing.

But this event is different-anytime you have an NY team going for championship its hard not to get caught up in the exictement.

Pats going for undefeated season
    Giants on a roll as the underdog and going for the road win record

this is worth taking the timeout to watch-I will chill at home, have a few beers, and root for the giants.

Still debating what to make for chow.
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    We used to have a Super Bowl party at our place--though I guess it isn't going to happen this year. I don't like American football anyway so I'm not bothered. Plus, on Sunday I'll be out belly-dancing so wouldn't be home for it anyway!
  • londonwprlondonwpr Posts: 293
    I was hoping to watch the game on my buddy's new 50" LCD that he was going to buy once the Packers beat the Giants in the NFC Championship game. Unfortunately that didn't happen, so I'll be going over to the future in-laws to watch it, eat great food and drink a bunch of beer.

Go Giants!!

I don't understand how a post about the Super Bowl turned into a discussion about how no one likes watching sports or the NFL. This is a huge day for sports fans and for the best professional sport around! Can't wait...
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I'll be watching the game at a friend's house.
    Drinking many beers and eating all kinds of snack foods.
    Everyone at the party will be Patriot fans.
    Should be a lot of fun.
    The girl agreed to drive.
    I took work off on Monday the 4th so I can get VERY drunk.
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    the family gets together to watch it.

i'll be making these:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_24509,00.html
  • seeing Nonpoint for free at Toms Hardware Bar in Mechanicsburg, Pa... fuck football and the superbore
  • beer
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    just curious as to what people's plans are. I'm just going up to my neighbors' and I don't really know any details further than that :).

Crying.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I will be running a Superbowl Sunday aerobic class at 2 at my fitness center, for all the people who either want to burn off their treats ahead of time, or get away from the madness at their house for an hour. Then I will go home and watch the puppy bowl on Animal planet. I can sit and watch puppies running around for ages.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    This would be nice if I could bid on it....that is Barry Sanders and Terrill Davis are on ebay for the highest bidder. They will watch the Super Bowl &&& your house with food and beer provided.

The proceeds will be given to the V Foundation for Cancer Research.

The bidding ends 1/31/08 at 5 pm.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    what time does the game start? i think i'll probably be driving back home from orlando sunday night to make it to work on monday morn. boo. i'll see what happens...i always sacrifice sleep for a party :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Just checked to see if they aired the Super Bowl here in Belgium. Not only do they air it, they're showing 5 Super Bowls from previous years! With hardly any commercials, I assume!

:D

It'll be a glorious day! I've only seen the Super Bowl twice.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A buddy is having a Super Bowl party. I'll head over there and get shit bagged.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If the niners are in the Superbowl, I'm spending it at home with Wing's, Pizza and a sixer of Anchor Steam
  • I'm going to watch it!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    hopefully cheering on my team