Do men send christmas cards?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm just curious. it seems like a very female thing. I mean single men, not the cards your wife signs your name to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not usually.. except to immediate family. I normally forget birthday cards too... everyone gets a present but I forget to buy the card and only realise at the last second.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i don't but my buddy does but he usually has a great pic to use.....:)
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    I've done so for at least 3 or 4 years now. And for my close board friends, I usually include a bootleg or video bootleg along with the Christmas card.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: .
  • cutback wrote:
    i don't but my buddy does but he usually has a great pic to use.....:)

so your friend sends cards with a picture of himself? Interesting...I've always wondered what would happen if I did that...I'm always getting cards with photos of couples and their kids and even dogs, but never seen one of just a person.
  • Solat13 wrote:
    I've done so for at least 3 or 4 years now. And for my close board friends, I usually include a bootleg or video bootleg along with the Christmas card.
    so where the fuck is my bootleg????

hehehehehehehehe.................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    so where the fuck is my bootleg????

hehehehehehehehe.................

Like I have your address. As far as I know, you live on Javier's couch ... lol.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so your friend sends cards with a picture of himself? Interesting...I've always wondered what would happen if I did that...I'm always getting cards with photos of couples and their kids and even dogs, but never seen one of just a person.

no it's with someone else.....usually someone famous....long story....:)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    not a chance in hell. what the fuck is the point? they read it and throw it away. waste of a stamp and paper. unless they're one of those lame and desperate folks who keeps all the cards on the mantle to show off to visitors how many friends they have. i hate sending cards. if i see you, i'll say happy holidays. if i can't be troubled to see you, i'll call. if i can't be troubled to call, you're not worth the time, effort, and money it takes to make the damn card.

bah-fucking-humbug :)
  • What's a Christmas card?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Sure don't.
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I send them to close friends and family.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • cutback wrote:
    no it's with someone else.....usually someone famous....long story....:)

haha now that is a photo card I wouldn't mind getting! I hate getting all those cards with people's families...like I get it and I'm like "ok, what am I supposed to do with this now, frame it?" or "oh ok, the kid is now a year older. fantastic. I thought she may have stayed the same age as last year. good to see she progressed."
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    While I'm not single, I usually send out electronic cards only. Why waste all of that paper only for the recipient to throw it away on the 26th?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If i get someone a gift card i put it in a holiday card and hand it to them.

I do get holiday cards for my co workers as a small thank you for their help.

do i go out and buy a box of holiday cards and send them to folks? Absolutely not.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    that would be my wife's job

otherwise it wouldnt get done
  • corycory Posts: 736
    Yes. Men that sleep with other men.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    While I'm not single, I usually send out electronic cards only. Why waste all of that paper only for the recipient to throw it away on the 26th?

I'm not a big fan of cards either. I've never really sent them out and I was considering doing it this year and it just occurred to me that if I were a guy I probably wouldn't feel any need to at all, but it's some sort of etiquette lady-like thing for girls. Maybe I'll just do electronic, I have more people's email addies than real addies anyway.
  • so your friend sends cards with a picture of himself? Interesting...I've always wondered what would happen if I did that...I'm always getting cards with photos of couples and their kids and even dogs, but never seen one of just a person.
    I would love to make a really pretentious card with my picture on it. Something along the lines of me in a smoking jacket, sitting on a chair holding a cigar or pipe and a dachsand (sp?) or bloodhound at my feet.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• cory wrote:
    Yes. Men that sleep with other men.
    thank you for the christmas card.......
  • Get_Right wrote:
    that would be my wife's job

otherwise it wouldnt get done

and this is how my christmas card list got cut in half. :D
    i decided if mr. dream didn't send cards to friends/family before we got married, why am i doing so now? even my own friends/family....vastly reduced list. i figure if i see you often, no need for a card - except immediate/close family. only friends far away and truly dear get cards, sometimes with little *extras* but not always. i now mail out less than 50. tis a beautiful thing. also, to me cards should be 'personal' with a hand-written message. part of why i desapise photo cards - and this is from a photographer - is firstly, the crap pics ;)...but more importantly, no handwritten message! preprinted message/names....computer labels...so just have to stuff an envelope and put on a stamp...where's the thought?

i WILL say, we do get a few cards from single men, always have. we have one friend, also an artist, who makes up a new design each year....always fun! and sure, someone from here whp apparently enclosed bootlegs in cards....hmpf. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

haha now that is a photo card I wouldn't mind getting! I hate getting all those cards with people's families...like I get it and I'm like "ok, what am I supposed to do with this now, frame it?" or "oh ok, the kid is now a year older. fantastic. I thought she may have stayed the same age as last year. good to see she progressed."

I want to get one of those from a bitter family on the verge of collapse:

Timmy, now constantly says 'fuck' cause his daddy can't stay away from the OTB or strip joints. Speaking of Carl, that fat bastard, he was laid off again this year. So for the 7th consecutive year his New Year's resolution will be to maintain a steady job longer than he maintains an erection (lord knows those last far too long with his blue pills). Still no word from our lovely daughter, Abigail. Last we heard she was heading to Vegas to marry her ex-con boyfriend. Although upsetting at times, it does bring a tear to my eye as many of you know that's how I met Carl. Well I must be off to my third job. Lord knows those trucks don't clear the snow by themselves. Wish me luck and send crank if you have it. All my best,

The Johnsons.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I am single. I will not send out any Christmas Cards.

If I have a gf/wife, and she encourages it, I will

pretty simple :p
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    I want to get one of those from a bitter family on the verge of collapse:

Timmy, now constantly says 'fuck' cause his daddy can't stay away from the OTB or strip joints. Speaking of Carl, that fat bastard, he was laid off again this year. So for the 7th consecutive year his New Year's resolution will be to maintain a steady job longer than he maintains an erection (lord knows those last far too long with his blue pills). Still no word from our lovely daughter, Abigail. Last we heard she was heading to Vegas to marry her ex-con boyfriend. Although upsetting at times, it does bring a tear to my eye as many of you know that's how I met Carl. Well I must be off to my third job. Lord knows those trucks don't clear the snow by themselves. Wish me luck and send crank if you have it. All my best,

The Johnsons.
    i swear....

that sounds like my best friends.....

and im serious.....
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Solat13 wrote:

Need anymore close board friends? :)
  • unfortunately, sending christmas cards by either sex is quickly becoming a forgotten tradition.

and its a shame really. an email or an e-card should not replace a heartfelt, handwritten note.
    call me old fashioned.
    Nice shirt.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    and this is how my christmas card list got cut in half. :D
    i decided if mr. dream didn't send cards to friends/family before we got married, why am i doing so now? even my own friends/family....vastly reduced list. i figure if i see you often, no need for a card - except immediate/close family. only friends far away and truly dear get cards, sometimes with little *extras* but not always. i now mail out less than 50. tis a beautiful thing. also, to me cards should be 'personal' with a hand-written message. part of why i desapise photo cards - and this is from a photographer - is firstly, the crap pics ;)...but more importantly, no handwritten message! preprinted message/names....computer labels...so just have to stuff an envelope and put on a stamp...where's the thought?

i WILL say, we do get a few cards from single men, always have. we have one friend, also an artist, who makes up a new design each year....always fun! and sure, someone from here whp apparently enclosed bootlegs in cards....hmpf. ;)

well I did send a few before we got married-especially to my lady firends ;)
    but she gets into it, orders custom cards also from a local artist, keeps an electronic list etc.....its her thing-and she does hand write each and every one.

Im lucky, she likes it.
  • and this is how my christmas card list got cut in half. :D

good for you d2d! a wife who doesn't act like her husband's mother!

I am somewhat of an amatuer photographer- well at least I know how to take a good photo, get exposures right, etc, and I actually TRY to do so-and the CRAP that people send out to everyone they know baffles me. It's like oh, there's baby suzi, with red eye.
  • I don't even send christmas cards, and I'm a girl. :D
    i swear....

that sounds like my best friends.....

and im serious.....

That's pretty sad!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"