Freaks and Geeks

2»

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    JK_Livin said:

RKCNDY said:

So basically, one executive didn't get his way and did what a typical spoiled rich kid does...blame everybody else, takes away all the toys and goes home.

He responded to Rogen by basically saying he loved the show but it was constantly the lowest rated show.
    I'm confused, I read:

Rogen then began discussing the cancellation with the unnamed executive, and the dude idiotically attempted to defend himself. “He was like, ‘You know, Judd [Apatow, 'Freaks and Geeks' executive producer] wouldn’t listen to my notes.’ I was like, ‘The notes probably were stupid,'” Rogen said. “He oddly dug in and kind of tried to justify it.”

The guy’s notes, apparently, asked Apatow to give the characters in the show “a victory,” because the executive clearly didn’t understand the nature of the show because “he went to a private school and was very rich as a child.”

I didn't read that it had the lowest ratings...at least not this article.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    RKCNDY said:

JK_Livin said:

RKCNDY said:

So basically, one executive didn't get his way and did what a typical spoiled rich kid does...blame everybody else, takes away all the toys and goes home.

He responded to Rogen by basically saying he loved the show but it was constantly the lowest rated show.
    I'm confused, I read:

Rogen then began discussing the cancellation with the unnamed executive, and the dude idiotically attempted to defend himself. “He was like, ‘You know, Judd [Apatow, 'Freaks and Geeks' executive producer] wouldn’t listen to my notes.’ I was like, ‘The notes probably were stupid,'” Rogen said. “He oddly dug in and kind of tried to justify it.”

The guy’s notes, apparently, asked Apatow to give the characters in the show “a victory,” because the executive clearly didn’t understand the nature of the show because “he went to a private school and was very rich as a child.”

I didn't read that it had the lowest ratings...at least not this article.
    It was a different article in response to the original one you posted.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    NBC Exec who cancelled the show tells his side of the story.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Freaks-Geeks-Seth-Rogen-Cancellation-NBC-Garth-Ancier-1088062.aspx?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • I own 2 copies of this show. The regular one, which is like new and only played once. Then I ordered the special Yearbook edition and it's still in plastic. I hardly need both.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self