PlayStation 3

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    hmm that may be worth plugging in to PSN
    I haven't cared about baseball or baseball video games since the divine Sports Talk Baseball for the Genesis, but I will check the demo out for this based on visuals alone...
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I've been a big fan of "The Show" series since the beginning. I just downloaded the demo of '08 and it looks quite nice. The demo doesn't give you a whole lot but what it does is a lot to look forward to! Will being buying this one on day 1!
    mca47 wrote:
    I've been a big fan of "The Show" series since the beginning. I just downloaded the demo of '08 and it looks quite nice. The demo doesn't give you a whole lot but what it does is a lot to look forward to! Will being buying this one on day 1!
    Downloaded, installed, attempted, deleted.
    My streak of despising baseball in all it's forms continues.
    Rygar wrote:
    Downloaded, installed, attempted, deleted.
    My streak of despising baseball in all it's forms continues.

What didn't you like about it? Do you just not like baseball video games or baseball in general?

I think the demo is great.
  • You bastards. I want one!

I'm actually holding out for a 360 but the PS3 is incredible. (From what I've seen)
    You bastards. I want one!

I'm actually holding out for a 360 but the PS3 is incredible. (From what I've seen)

Hehe, get both!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Hehe, get both!

I plan on it. Being a gamer is fucking bank breaking though.
    I plan on it. Being a gamer is fucking bank breaking though.
    I have both and the systems themselves are the hard part. So far I'm going exclusives on the PS3 and exclusive/multiplatform on the 360.
    mca47 wrote:
    What didn't you like about it? Do you just not like baseball video games or baseball in general?

I think the demo is great.
    I like to play baseball, in real life, but can't stand pro-baseball. Game looked nice but I guess I'm not into baseball video games any more.
  • Rygar wrote:
    I have both and the systems themselves are the hard part. So far I'm going exclusives on the PS3 and exclusive/multiplatform on the 360.

I'm going for the 360 first mainly because of the online factor. I realize that PSN is going to awesome and FREE but for online stuff, right now it's 360. I'm just pissed microsoft sent out the fucking 360 knowing that it had MAJOR problems but did it anyway to get the jump. AND THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED IT!
    I'm going for the 360 first mainly because of the online factor. I realize that PSN is going to awesome and FREE but for online stuff, right now it's 360. I'm just pissed microsoft sent out the fucking 360 knowing that it had MAJOR problems but did it anyway to get the jump. AND THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED IT!
    Meh, I have had a 360 since sept 06 and it RROD'd once in Nov 07, seven business days turnaround time and the second is going well.
    The game catalogue is worth it, plain and simple.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Meh, I have had a 360 since sept 06 and it RROD'd once in Nov 07, seven business days turnaround time and the second is going well.
    The game catalogue is worth it, plain and simple.

They told me mine had been tampered with and refused to fix it. I never, never opened it. Bullshit. In reality, they never should have had a problem as huge as a 33% failure rate. And I still can't figure out why they still haven't fixed the problem. I've talked to people who's sent they're xbox back 3-4 times and to people who got the RROD with an ELITE. They had to set aside 1 billion dollars to fix all the 360s once they announced the extended RROD warranty. And they still can't get their shit straight. But I completely agree with you on the game library. If it wasn't for that, im sure PS3 would be outselling the 360
    They told me mine had been tampered with and refused to fix it. I never, never opened it. Bullshit. In reality, they never should have had a problem as huge as a 33% failure rate. And I still can't figure out why they still haven't fixed the problem. I've talked to people who's sent they're xbox back 3-4 times and to people who got the RROD with an ELITE. They had to set aside 1 billion dollars to fix all the 360s once they announced the extended RROD warranty. And they still can't get their shit straight. But I completely agree with you on the game library. If it wasn't for that, im sure PS3 would be outselling the 360
    SquareTrade just did a test or survey or whatever and came out with a 16% failure rate (which, if true, is still too high...).
    The new motherboard and gear didn't make it into most of the elites. I think the Halo console was when they first hit the market.
  • Rygar wrote:
    SquareTrade just did a test or survey or whatever and came out with a 16% failure rate (which, if true, is still too high...).
    The new motherboard and gear didn't make it into most of the elites. I think the Halo console was when they first hit the market.

Damn, that is still way high considering they've known about this problem from day one. And considering the PS3 has less than 1% failure rate...i mean come on. I know it sounds like I'm bashing the hell out of the 360, and in all reality I guess I am. I actually love all three consoles.
    Damn, that is still way high considering they've known about this problem from day one. And considering the PS3 has less than 1% failure rate...i mean come on. I know it sounds like I'm bashing the hell out of the 360, and in all reality I guess I am. I actually love all three consoles.
    PS3 in the same test is at 3%.
    I currently have 5 games for the PS3, this year should be good for it.
  • Rygar wrote:
    PS3 in the same test is at 3%.
    I currently have 5 games for the PS3, this year should be good for it.

This year is going to be amazing. MGS alone will make it worth while. Not to mention other HUGE titles. Killzone, etc.
    This year is going to be amazing. MGS alone will make it worth while. Not to mention other HUGE titles. Killzone, etc.

I too like all three systems and wish I had the funds for all of them. I've spent a lot of time playing all three and my first choice was the PS3 and I am happy for it. When I got it I was about 60/40 on the PS3 vs. 360. Now that I do have it I can say my next console purchase will be the Wii followed by the 360.
    It compliments my 50" HDTV, my early Blu-ray collection, and my PSP very well and I am 100% happy with my large "investment" LOL!
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015

I'm sorry but what is this MGS?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I'm sorry but what is this MGS?

I'm pretty sure it's Metal Gear Solid
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    I was never a big fan of the series but I will probably bite on MG. Haze had potential but the more I see of it the worse it looks.
    Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy are my must haves.

@ mca47 - the dualshock 3 seems to be working A-1.
    Edit - the DS3 cost me less to import it from Japan than it will to buy when it is in stores here - there was no imports, no taxes, and the shipping was less than what we'd pay in taxes anyway.
    It also came with a $5 off coupon, needless to say I'll be buying another, then calling sony to see if they'll give me a ds3 in place of my 2 sixcrapsis...
    Rygar wrote:

@ mca47 - the dualshock 3 seems to be working A-1.
    Edit - the DS3 cost me less to import it from Japan than it will to buy when it is in stores here - there was no imports, no taxes, and the shipping was less than what we'd pay in taxes anyway.
    It also came with a $5 off coupon, needless to say I'll be buying another, then calling sony to see if they'll give me a ds3 in place of my 2 sixcrapsis...

So it's working pretty good huh? Any dropouts, lag, etc?
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    So what's the best sports game for the PS3.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    mca47 wrote:
    So it's working pretty good huh? Any dropouts, lag, etc?
    Haven't had any lag or drops yet, although I haven't given it a decent length test.
    Controller itself feels much better - weight, construction, buttons, etc..
    kenshunt wrote:
    I would go with NHL08, being a hockey fan. Honestly though I don't know too much about the sports games on the PS3.
    kenshunt wrote:

Depends on what kinds of sports games you like.
    NHL 08 is cool.
    If you like baseball definitely MLB '08 The Show!
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    mca47 wrote:
    Depends on what kinds of sports games you like.
    NHL 08 is cool.
    If you like baseball definitely MLB '08 The Show!

yeah these two titles look to be the only things I play this year
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    kenshunt wrote:

FIFA 08 is awesome!!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Really debating getting a PS3 but think I might wait to see what the new version is going to be since the 80GB are being discontinued... but its damn tempting.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    Really debating getting a PS3 but think I might wait to see what the new version is going to be since the 80GB are being discontinued... but its damn tempting.
    Rumor has it the new models are 120/160G with dualshock 3 controllers....but they're just rumors. Shouldn't be long, either way.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Rygar wrote:
    Rumor has it the new models are 120/160G with dualshock 3 controllers....but they're just rumors. Shouldn't be long, either way.

Yeah that's what I heard too. Just wondering what the price will be. As long as its close to the 80GB and hopefully still supports BC, I'm in... if not who knows. I don't have many PS2 games but those I have I still enjoy playing and don't wanna have two systems hooked up.

I figure an announcement would be soon (month or so), will roll out coming around the time GT5 or GTA are released in April.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.