PlayStation 3

rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone here got a PS3? Just got one a few months ago and I was just wondering if any of you wanted to be friends. Thought it would be cool to do some online gaming with some fellow jammers.
Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
Butthead: Huh huh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Yeah, send me an invite!

My PSN name is the same "mca47".

If you have Call of Duty 4, that's pretty much all I have been playing the last month+...well, that and Pixel Junk Monsters! Hehehe!
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    psn: hodgins

haha yea, all i play now is COD
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    hodge wrote:
    psn: hodgins

haha yea, all i play now is COD

Cool, I'll send you an invite.

I think I just hit lvl. 46. I kicked some ass tonight (which is very unusual!) LOL!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I just got one a few days ago, but haven't figured out the gaming/friends/network thing yet. I bought it mostly for the Blu-ray player. I'll give you a heads up when I have that all set!
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    psn: serf

I've been playing COD4 online as well as Guitar Hero III
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I ordered a DS3 from Japan a week and a bit ago, hopefully it's here this week so I can get to Uncharted.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Yeah, my girl got it for me for christmas. The only games I got so far are: COD4 and FIFA 08 both are great games.

same online name booomm11

hit me up
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    Rygar wrote:
    I ordered a DS3 from Japan a week and a bit ago, hopefully it's here this week so I can get to Uncharted.

Did you get it from play-asia? I want one, but I think I'm just going to wait until they go retail here in the states.
    I hear they are actually slightly better quality then the Sixaxis and have just as long, if not longer battery too...which I think is nice!
    mca47 wrote:
    Did you get it from play-asia? I want one, but I think I'm just going to wait until they go retail here in the states.
    I hear they are actually slightly better quality then the Sixaxis and have just as long, if not longer battery too...which I think is nice!
    I got it from Playasia.com, yep.
    I was going to wait, but I have had absolutely horrid luck with the shitty sixaxis signal loss problems.
    My ps3 warranty is up in april so I wanted to get the new controller as it's rumored to have a much better signal connection. I wanted to try it out before the warranty is up on my system, because it happens enough to basically ruin my gaming experience as it is. It's already been exchanged once, although the first system seems to have suffered from it a lot more than my refurb.
    Rygar wrote:
    I got it from Playasia.com, yep.
    I was going to wait, but I have had absolutely horrid luck with the shitty sixaxis signal loss problems.
    My ps3 warranty is up in april so I wanted to get the new controller as it's rumored to have a much better signal connection. I wanted to try it out before the warranty is up on my system, because it happens enough to basically ruin my gaming experience as it is. It's already been exchanged once, although the first system seems to have suffered from it a lot more than my refurb.

Really? I know people who have had similar problems with the signal loss but that has never once happened to me. The only controller issue I've ever had (and its only happened twice) is when I paired/turned on my bluetooth headset at the same time I turned on the controller the controller locked up.

What did you pay for the DS3? If you don't mind me asking...
    mca47 wrote:
    Really? I know people who have had similar problems with the signal loss but that has never once happened to me. The only controller issue I've ever had (and its only happened twice) is when I paired/turned on my bluetooth headset at the same time I turned on the controller the controller locked up.

What did you pay for the DS3? If you don't mind me asking...
    $67 Canadian including shipping. There was no tax, but I imagine imports will ding me good.

The signal loss thing is a well known problem, happens to my buddy who got a 60G right after me even more than mine drops it.
    My brother has a 20G model and has never had a problem.
    It was tolerable for a while, but it is annoying as hell now. Enough that it makes me not want to bother playing. I have heard that there are faulty blue tooth antennaes, but it is all speculation.
    Most of the fanboys blame your environment though - if you have a microwave, cordless phone, other blue tooth devices (I even heard someone blame a vaccuum cleaner, cause yeah, no one has one of those....) but none of these should be affecting me so I chalk that up to fanboy user blame.
    Rygar wrote:
    $67 Canadian including shipping. There was no tax, but I imagine imports will ding me good.

The signal loss thing is a well known problem, happens to my buddy who got a 60G right after me even more than mine drops it.
    My brother has a 20G model and has never had a problem.
    It was tolerable for a while, but it is annoying as hell now. Enough that it makes me not want to bother playing. I have heard that there are faulty blue tooth antennaes, but it is all speculation.
    Most of the fanboys blame your environment though - if you have a microwave, cordless phone, other blue tooth devices (I even heard someone blame a vaccuum cleaner, cause yeah, no one has one of those....) but none of these should be affecting me so I chalk that up to fanboy user blame.

Yeah, clearly if that many people are having problems it would be pretty hard to blame the surrounding environment. Hehe! Sony has never really been very good at fessing up to a faulty device (PS2 disc read error, etc.) so I'm glad they realized their error (though not publically) and increased the signal on the new controller. You'll have to let me know how it works when you get it.
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, clearly if that many people are having problems it would be pretty hard to blame the surrounding environment. Hehe! Sony has never really been very good at fessing up to a faulty device (PS2 disc read error, etc.) so I'm glad they realized their error (though not publically) and increased the signal on the new controller. You'll have to let me know how it works when you get it.
    Will do.
    I'm wondering what to do if it DOES work flawlessly. I have two sixaxis controllers that drop signals...I should put up a stink and see if they'll give me a ds3 for them..
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    mca i got your invite, thanks man. we should get a PJ clan tag going.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    booomm11 wrote:
    count me in
    ID: chinobaeza
    booomm11 wrote:

Yeah, definitely!
  • I'm down for that.

ID--givn2fly
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
    Hehehe, we should try to get a whole room. The [PJ] Clan vs. everyone else!

By the way, what level is everyone else?

I think I'm at 46 now and spend most of the time sniping.
  • Anyone here got a PS3? Just got one a few months ago and I was just wondering if any of you wanted to be friends. Thought it would be cool to do some online gaming with some fellow jammers.
    do you play madden? if so, see you online when the feds send me check.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    mca47 wrote:
    Hehehe, we should try to get a whole room. The [PJ] Clan vs. everyone else!

By the way, what level is everyone else?

I think I'm at 46 now and spend most of the time sniping.
    lvl 15? prestige 1
    chinobaeza wrote:
    lvl 15? prestige 1

Damn, I need to get going! Haha!
  • I have it, love it. I'm not online yet but will be when I move, soon.

Best games IMO are: COD4, NCAA College Football 08, Simpsons, Orangebox and GH3. Read the reviews befoe you buy any games! Most PS3 games are pretty subpar.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    mca47 wrote:
    Cool, I'll send you an invite.

I think I just hit lvl. 46. I kicked some ass tonight (which is very unusual!) LOL!

haha yeah i've realized that i'll i've been playing is cod4. i heard theyre coming out with new levels soon too.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    haha yeah i've realized that i'll i've been playing is cod4. i heard theyre coming out with new levels soon too.

Really? Sweet!

They are probably going to have to come out with some more "achievable content" for those that have gone thru Prestige Mode.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I have one but so far all I've got is hockey, some shit football game and drake's fortune but I still haven't opened the latter even though I heard it's amazing, anyone know any good basketball games? I never know which one to pick
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I have one but so far all I've got is hockey, some shit football game and drake's fortune but I still haven't opened the latter even though I heard it's amazing, anyone know any good basketball games? I never know which one to pick

Oh man, you gotta play Uncharted! That is a fun, and the graphics are really nice!!

Don't know about basketball games, as I'm more of a baseball guy myself! That said, MLB '08 The Show is gonna be Badass!
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    mrwalkerb wrote:

nba 2k8
    as a basketball fan, it is amazing
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    mca47 wrote:
    Oh man, you gotta play Uncharted! That is a fun, and the graphics are really nice!!

Don't know about basketball games, as I'm more of a baseball guy myself! That said, MLB '08 The Show is gonna be Badass!

yeah I can't wait, people talk about buying an xbox for halo and stuff like that but I pure bought the PS3 because it has the show, I haven't even played last years because I didn't want to get all into it and lose all my progress when I bought the new one but I saw it's coming out March 4 so I'm stoked

hodge wrote:
    nba 2k8
    as a basketball fan, it is amazing

is this the one with Amare on the cover? becuase I know I have this one at work for sure
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

mrwalkerb wrote:
    yeah I can't wait, people talk about buying an xbox for halo and stuff like that but I pure bought the PS3 because it has the show, I haven't even played last years because I didn't want to get all into it and lose all my progress when I bought the new one but I saw it's coming out March 4 so I'm stoked

I think the demo for The Show will be available on the PSN tomorrow. :D
    I will be downloading that for sure!!!
    mca47 wrote:
    I think the demo for The Show will be available on the PSN tomorrow. :D
    I will be downloading that for sure!!!

hmm that may be worth plugging in to PSN
    Chris Cornell