• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    GO DODGERS!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    cutback wrote:

as i've said if manny helps us i'll eat my words but at this point i want ned coletti's head on a stick with his balls shoved in his mouth.....figures he came from sf ;):D

Do the balls go in his mouth before or after his head goes on the stick? :eek:

Funny how this trade scares us both, but for completely opposite reasons!

GIANTS IN '09 :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    imalive wrote:

GIANTS SUCK

I agree!!!

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    I agree!!!

:D
    hey, hey, hey! You can't do that without my expressed, written consent! :p

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    imalive wrote:
    Do the balls go in his mouth before or after his head goes on the stick? :eek:

Funny how this trade scares us both, but for completely opposite reasons!

GIANTS IN '09 :D

i'm now convinced that coletti is a double agent and is still working for the giants :eek:
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    i'm now convinced that coletti is a double agent and is still working for the giants :eek:
    You know us SF types - we all "go both ways"! :D

Shit! Trapped in the Dodger thread!!!! MUST-GET-OUT!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    imalive wrote:
    In my mind, no rational sports fan could like the Dodgers. :p

Nothing about who we root for is rational...

Will Clark annoyed you guys; Steve Garvey annoyed us.

You think Bonds was a dick; we felt the same about Mondesi and Sheffield.

I liked Kent as a (productive) Giant; hate his ass in Dodger blue. I despised Candy Maldonado as a Dodger, but loved him in SF. I'm sure it works the same in for you guys.

The minute Manny hits his first walk-off, you'll be loving him. You'll forgive his "Bondsisms" - the way he pimps his HR trots, his unwillingness to run hard, etc.

I'm not hating, I'm just saying.... The Dodgers will be better and that's bad for us Giants' fans. Yes, the G-Men are beyond pathetic. A thread on the Giants couldn't generate a page worth of responses :mad:.

Cut - I will now bow out of your thread. This trade threatens to disrupt my summer of blissful baseball indifference :p.

P.S. I like how this guy :mad: is ORANGE!

Ha. The best thing to come out of SF was Bret Butler. But really, he was a Brave and then a Dodger.

Honestly, the thing that completely destroys all Giants fans' credibility is how they adored Bonds, the absolute biggest asshole the game has ever known, for years and years. I went to a game at SBC Park or whatever it's called now, and I could not believe the atmosphere. It was like no one kept track of the score, but when Bonds came up, the signs came out and people wanted a home run! Worst thing I have ever seen at a ball game. What a spectacle.

I mean I understand supporting your team and players. A fan does that. But now that he's gone, and you step back into reality, do you see what douche bags the fans were that whole time? I mean the rest of the world saw it.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options

Honestly, the thing that completely destroys all Giants fans' credibility is how they adored Bonds, the absolute biggest asshole the game has ever known, for years and years. I went to a game at SBC Park or whatever it's called now, and I could not believe the atmosphere. It was like no one kept track of the score, but when Bonds came up, the signs came out and people wanted a home run! Worst thing I have ever seen at a ball game. What a spectacle.

I mean I understand supporting your team and players. A fan does that. But now that he's gone, and you step back into reality, do you see what douche bags the fans were that whole time? I mean the rest of the world saw it.

I don't want to hijack your thread. I really don't....

But my point is, every fan likes and defends "their" guys, at least to a point. When the Giants came back from the dead from 1993 until 2005, it was all Bonds. Bonds carried the team and got the new stadium built. He was a dick, but he was our dick :D. Fans, coaches, GMs, etc. all make excuses for their guys. And Barry probably wasn't "the absolute biggest asshole the game has ever known" but the media wanted that image and, certainly, you Dodger fans bought into it. I understand that. In my eyes, your Pavillion fans lost any "credibility" with me with the constant "Bonds sucks" chants. Did he suck? Uh, no :D. What did I care if Bonds was a prick or not? I didn't care at all. I wanted production :D!!!! Did I wish he was a little better person? Of course. But hey, look at the absolute thugs we tolerate in the world of sports. And I'm not talking about steroids (in my mind, a "victimless" crime).

But, I don't want a fight. Now, you've gone and gotten me all fired up :p. Sorry to sully your thread. Get back to Manny and heads on sticks!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    I don't want to hijack your thread. I really don't....

But my point is, every fan likes and defends "their" guys, at least to a point. When the Giants came back from the dead from 1993 until 2005, it was all Bonds. Bonds carried the team and got the new stadium built. He was a dick, but he was our dick :D. Fans, coaches, GMs, etc. all make excuses for their guys. And Barry probably wasn't "the absolute biggest asshole the game has ever known" but the media wanted that image and, certainly, you Dodger fans bought into it. I understand that. In my eyes, your Pavillion fans lost any "credibility" with me with the constant "Bonds sucks" chants. Did he suck? Uh, no :D. What did I care if Bonds was a prick or not? I didn't care at all. I wanted production :D!!!! Did I wish he was a little better person? Of course. But hey, look at the absolute thugs we tolerate in the world of sports. And I'm not talking about steroids (in my mind, a "victimless" crime).

But, I don't want a fight. Now, you've gone and gotten me all fired up :p. Sorry to sully your thread. Get back to Manny and heads on sticks!

I hear you. And you sound like a reasonable guy/girl. I will concede that most of the pavilion fans are morons. The whole "___ sucks" chant is idiotic no matter what or who it is about. I hate it when Dodger fans stoop to that level.

Anyway, to me it is about winning baseball games. I'd rather have a team liek the 88 Dodgers than a team about one guy and drawing media attention. That was my point. To me, Bonds was always all about himself. I don't think the media made that up. And honestly, I mean I have heard about guys like Joe DiMaggio being assholes, but they played some team ball and didn't make it all about themselves, as far as I know. I don't think it is a stretch to say that Bonds was/is the biggest asshole the game has ever seen. Ultimately, there is no way to quantify that, but he is the obvious candidate.

I really do not think Manny Ramirez holds a candle to that kind of cockiness or asshole-ishness, if I can make up a word.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    imalive wrote:
    You think Bonds was a dick; we felt the same about Mondesi and Sheffield.

I liked Kent as a (productive) Giant; hate his ass in Dodger blue. I despised Candy Maldonado as a Dodger, but loved him in SF. I'm sure it works the same in for you guys.

The minute Manny hits his first walk-off, you'll be loving him. You'll forgive his "Bondsisms" - the way he pimps his HR trots, his unwillingness to run hard, etc.

I'm not hating, I'm just saying.... The Dodgers will be better and that's bad for us Giants' fans. Yes, the G-Men are beyond pathetic. A thread on the Giants couldn't generate a page worth of responses :mad:.

Cut - I will now bow out of your thread. This trade threatens to disrupt my summer of blissful baseball indifference :p.

P.S. I like how this guy :mad: is ORANGE!

Everyone thinks Bonds is a dick. That's why he's unemployed. I always thought Mondesi and Sheffield were dicks even when they were Dodgers.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    I hear you. And you sound like a reasonable guy/girl.

Anyway, to me it is about winning baseball games. I'd rather have a team liek the 88 Dodgers than a team about one guy and drawing media attention. That was my point. To me, Bonds was always all about himself. I don't think the media made that up. And honestly, I mean I have heard about guys like Joe DiMaggio being assholes, but they played some team ball and didn't make it all about themselves, as far as I know. I don't think it is a stretch to say that Bonds was/is the biggest asshole the game has ever seen. Ultimately, there is no way to quantify that, but he is the obvious candidate.

I really do not think Manny Ramirez holds a candle to that kind of cockiness or asshole-ishness, if I can make up a word.
    Thanks - I like to think I'm a reasonable guy/girl :p. Guy, actually.

Just a few more whacks at this dead horse - Bonds really wanted to win. Believe me, he didn't want the media attention. He was under a microscope like just about no other athlete. He was never in real trouble (guns, drugs, battery, etc.) but you would have thought he was the Anti-Christ. Ex-Dodger and Giant Todd Benzinger wrote a revealing letter to SI (after yet another Rick Reilly hatchet job) and basically said "I'll go between the lines with that guy any day; he's great with my kids; he's more generous than you'll ever know, etc.) - this from a white guy, the people Bonds supposedly hates. Lots and lots of journalists have wanted to get back at Bonds for years. Did he deserve it? Probably. Biggest asshole ever? Probably not.

And as far as DiMaggio, etc. - it was a whole lot different back in the pre-internet days. Nowadays, anyone can say anything. And it does kind of bug me that one over zealous IRS agent (with a hard on for Barry) and two SF writers given a year to dig, dig, dig have made Bonds the poster boy for steroid abuse. I'll bet if we gave some writers unlimited time and money to look into Pudge, Bagwell, Clemens, Giambi, etc., their tales would be every bit as sordid.

And to go all political on you.... how fucking crazy is it that our goverment has spent 5 years going after a baseball player who lied about steroids, while a guy who tells lies resulting in 4000+ deaths looks forward to his retirement? Not to mention his lies about torture, US attorneys and all the rest :mad:.

If you ever come to Vegas, look me up - we'll go for beers and discussion :D!

rrivers wrote:
    Everyone thinks Bonds is a dick. That's why he's unemployed. I always thought Mondesi and Sheffield were dicks even when they were Dodgers.

I think he's more likely unemployed because all these GMs and owners who were looking the other way when their guys were juicing, now want to be all sanctimonious. I'll throw Bud Selig under that bus, too :mad:.

Best Mondesi quote ever:

“I’m tired of all this. I told my agent to get me the fuck out of here as soon as possible. I can’t take this anymore. I’ve had to deal with this all year. I told them to trade me because I don’t want to fucking be here. Fuck Davey (Johnson) and fuck (Kevin) Malone, they try to put all of our problems on me. They’re trying to say that all this shit is my fault. That’s the way they feel. Fine. Just get me out of here. Fuck Davey. Fuck Malone. Fuck both of them.” :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

And as far as DiMaggio, etc. - it was a whole lot different back in the pre-internet days. Nowadays, anyone can say anything. And it does kind of bug me that one over zealous IRS agent (with a hard on for Barry) and two SF writers given a year to dig, dig, dig have made Bonds the poster boy for steroid abuse. I'll bet if we gave some writers unlimited time and money to look into Pudge, Bagwell, Clemens, Giambi, etc., their tales would be every bit as sordid.

And to go all political on you.... how fucking crazy is it that our goverment has spent 5 years going after a baseball player who lied about steroids, while a guy who tells lies resulting in 4000+ deaths looks forward to his retirement? Not to mention his lies about torture, US attorneys and all the rest :mad:.

If you ever come to Vegas, look me up - we'll go for beers and discussion :D!

I think he's more likely unemployed because all these GMs and owners who were looking the other way when their guys were juicing, now want to be all sanctimonious. I'll throw Bud Selig under that bus, too :mad:.

Typical Giants fan with blinders on to Bonds. You are the one with the hardon for Bonds. At least we admit when our guys are assholes. Those 2 SF writers didn't have to did very far. If he didn't do anything wrong, why have the Giants tried so hard to erase his face from their franchise? Because they are a worthless franchise who whored themselves out to have Bonds break the record because they can't field a good baseball team and its the only way they can sell tickets (except when the Dodgers come to town to beat on them).

GMs and owners don't want to put up with all of Bonds bullshit, i.e. all the media attention, his surliness, etc. It is the definition of him making his bed and now lying in it.
  • Options
    Here's the thing. The media WANTS to make guys like Bonds heroes. Look at Tony Gwynn or Cal Ripken, Jr. It is AMAZING that the all time home run leader is so hated. Steroids aside, if Sammy Sosa had done it, the dude would be worshipped right now. He was a media favorite until steroids hit, but Bonds wasn't, and not because the media picked him out randomly. It's because the guy was pompous and arrogant, and felt he was bigger than the game.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Typical Giants fan with blinders on to Bonds. You are the one with the hardon for Bonds. At least we admit when our guys are assholes. Those 2 SF writers didn't have to did very far. If he didn't do anything wrong, why have the Giants tried so hard to erase his face from their franchise? Because they are a worthless franchise who whored themselves out to have Bonds break the record because they can't field a good baseball team and its the only way they can sell tickets (except when the Dodgers come to town to beat on them).

GMs and owners don't want to put up with all of Bonds bullshit, i.e. all the media attention, his surliness, etc. It is the definition of him making his bed and now lying in it.

You'll never convince me and I'll never convince you. That's cool. I really think that some of us Giants fans see things a little clearer because we don't have the robotic hatred. The Giants only "whored" themselves as much as the Cubs, Cardinals, A's, Yankees, Astros, Padres, Rangers, Angels, etc. But I don't want to argue with a fellow PJ fan. As a Dodger fan, you probably should have the hatred :D
    Here's the thing. The media WANTS to make guys like Bonds heroes. Look at Tony Gwynn or Cal Ripken, Jr. It is AMAZING that the all time home run leader is so hated. Steroids aside, if Sammy Sosa had done it, the dude would be worshipped right now. He was a media favorite until steroids hit, but Bonds wasn't, and not because the media picked him out randomly. It's because the guy was pompous and arrogant, and felt he was bigger than the game.
    I agree with you to a point, but when Sammy threatened to kill Rick Reilly, it only created a little ripple. Can you imagine if Bonds had said that :eek:? I really don't think Bonds thought he was bigger than the game - he came every day, was never on the DL (until the staph infection), didn't argue with umps, hardly ever got thrown out of a game, etc. I know you're laughing, by now :p.

He was pompous and arrogant and that was the ultimate sin for the media. Believe me, I often thought "Barry, WTF are you thinking?" He was raised by an absentee, alcoholic dad; he was pampered like so many other athletic phenoms, his dad put a lot of negative shit in his head, etc. I wish he had risen above it but he didn't. Yes, he made his own bed. I just wish one media guy would point out how $20M per year Manny quit on his old team or maybe question Pudge's credibility. Clemens, too...W(here)TF is his Grand Jury???

I gotta get out of your thread! Don't bait me anymore :p!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    You'll never convince me and I'll never convince you. That's cool. I really think that some of us Giants fans see things a little clearer because we don't have the robotic hatred. The Giants only "whored" themselves as much as the Cubs, Cardinals, A's, Yankees, Astros, Padres, Rangers, Angels, etc. But I don't want to argue with a fellow PJ fan. As a Dodger fan, you probably should have the hatred :D

I agree with you to a point, but when Sammy threatened to kill Rick Reilly, it only created a little ripple. Can you imagine if Bonds had said that :eek:? I really don't think Bonds thought he was bigger than the game - he came every day, was never on the DL (until the staph infection), didn't argue with umps, hardly ever got thrown out of a game, etc. I know you're laughing, by now :p.

He was pompous and arrogant and that was the ultimate sin for the media. Believe me, I often thought "Barry, WTF are you thinking?" He was raised by an absentee, alcoholic dad; he was pampered like so many other athletic phenoms, his dad put a lot of negative shit in his head, etc. I wish he had risen above it but he didn't. Yes, he made his own bed. I just wish one media guy would point out how $20M per year Manny quit on his old team or maybe question Pudge's credibility. Clemens, too...W(here)TF is his Grand Jury???

OK, get out of here. Giants suck.

(kidding)
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

As usual I disagree with everything you said. I will only point out a couple. I don't know about the "robotic hatred" for all Dodger fans, but I never had the hatred I have for the Giants until I moved to Northern Cal. I always pulled against them because of being in the same division, but I lumped them in with Colorado, etc. I always hated Bonds going back to Pittsburgh and its not robotic, its due to his treatment of people.

You had to be laughing when you wrote Bonds hardly ever argued with the umps!!!! He only argued every time a strike was called on him!!!

Most of your points are not that Bonds shouldn't have been treated the way he was by the media, but that other players should have had the same treatment.
  • Options
    OK, get out of here. Giants suck. *

(kidding)

*He's kidding about the "get out of here". Not the sucking of the Giants.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

I think this year, it's not even debatable, to be honest.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I think this year, it's not even debatable, to be honest.

It's all good!! Look at my cute puppy!! :D:D:D She's a Giants' fan, too!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1844.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    It's all good!! Look at my cute puppy!! :D:D:D She's a Giants' fan, too!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/ddgrh8r/IMG_1844.jpg

That is a damn cute dog. Looks like a dog I once had (a Dodger fan).

Funny, my girlfriend's sister lives in San Francisco, and her 2 kids are Giants fans. They're young and impressionable, and every time I see them, I indoctrinate them to not like the Giants and to like the Dodgers. APparently, their father was PISSED when he found out that one of teh boys said he is a Dodger fan now. :)
  • Options
    That is a damn cute dog. Looks like a dog I once had (a Dodger fan).

Funny, my girlfriend's sister lives in San Francisco, and her 2 kids are Giants fans. They're young and impressionable, and every time I see them, I indoctrinate them to not like the Giants and to like the Dodgers. APparently, their father was PISSED when he found out that one of teh boys said he is a Dodger fan now. :)

Good job!!!

My wife is a Giants fan and, obviously, I am a Dodger fan. We are constantly playing our son against each other.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Hey guys, the trade was a consolation prize from Boston to L.A. for what happened in the Finals a month ago. j/k :D:p

I don't care how good Jason Bay is, he's not Manny- there will never be another guy like him. He and Pedro were one of a kind players, and I for one will deeply miss their antics and entertainment. Crazy characters but great players nonetheless.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    manny's first at bat

ground out to short

*sigh*
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    manny's first at bat

ground out to short

*sigh*
    did he hustle?
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    did he hustle?

does he ever? ;)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    does he ever? ;)
    good point. ive always liked the dodgers. great team. :) the team is starting to look the 2003 sox :o

but, Go Sox! ;)

• Options
    good point. ive always liked the dodgers. great team. :) the team is starting to look the 2003 sox :o

but, Go Sox! ;)

looks like bay helped ya out there a little, huh?

and yea we're boston west :eek: i think i just threw up a little

manny
    d lowe
    nomar
    mueller (front office)

and a boston owner

ah well as long as it means championships i don't mind to much ;)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    looks like bay helped ya out there a little, huh?

and yea we're boston west :eek: i think i just threw up a little

manny
    d lowe
    nomar
    mueller (front office)

and a boston owner

ah well as long as it means championships i don't mind to much ;)
    well nomar is injured every 3 days. mueller was a hitting machine when he was with us. and manny will be manny so have fun.... :p

• Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    Hey, Manny was hustling big time on that little check swing hit! I'm serious too, he really was... and he was safe! Too bad Kemp got caught in a pickle though...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    Hey, Manny was hustling big time on that little check swing hit! I'm serious too, he really was... and he was safe! Too bad Kemp got caught in a pickle though...

I was so pissed at Kemp for that!