Options

2008 Los Angeles Dodgers!

Comments

• Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    the dodgers have always been on my favorite teams list.

ever since they beat the yankees in '64.

koufax was fkn awesome!

i've been to about 5 games at dodger stadium with my LA brother. saw eric gagne (sp?) in his prime during his streak of however many games in a row he saved.

i loved it when he came walking in from the BP and the PA was playing a goodbye song and the scoreboard was flashing "Game Over!!"

and the game WAS over. HA!

anyone know the song that was played?
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    olderman wrote:
    the dodgers have always been on my favorite teams list.

ever since they beat the yankees in '64.

koufax was fkn awesome!

i've been to about 5 games at dodger stadium with my LA brother. saw eric gagne (sp?) in his prime during his streak of however many games in a row he saved.

i loved it when he came walking in from the BP and the PA was playing a goodbye song and the scoreboard was flashing "Game Over!!"

and the game WAS over. HA!

anyone know the song that was played?

ALWAYS was Welcome To The Jungle by GNR....and the place would go nuts.
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    ALWAYS was Welcome To The Jungle by GNR....and the place would go nuts.

Thanks!

I remember the crowd did go crazy.
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    Anyone but the Dodgers!!

I was thinkin of gettin this license plate in CA but then I realized my vehicle would be badly vandalized.......DGR H8R

Dude! My license plate actually is DDGRH8R. Their fans are too stupid to figure it out. Or, they speak English as a second language.

And, as far as "tailgating" at Chavez Latrine - the only place I've ever had a wannabe Secret Service agent (earpiece and all) tell me to empty a beer.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Dude! My license plate actually is DDGRH8R. Their fans are too stupid to figure it out. Or, they speak English as a second language.

And, as far as "tailgating" at Chavez Latrine - the only place I've ever had a wannabe Secret Service agent (earpiece and all) tell me to empty a beer.

Maybe the security guard knew you were kind of a jerk that likes to spout off like this....Maybe?

I'm glad he did it.
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 596
    Ok, here we go. I'm ready for the Dodgers to go big this year!
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i'm a world record holder.....hehehehe

it was weird to see field they erected.....i was surprised there weren't more home runs....:)

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/red%20sox%20vs%20dodgers%203-29-08/?albumview=grid
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    cutback wrote:

it was weird to see field they erected.....i was surprised there weren't more home runs....:)

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k16/cutback32/red%20sox%20vs%20dodgers%203-29-08/?albumview=grid

Great pictures---did you take them? Our awesome free seats were FIFTH from the Top!!! I had to take rest half way up there!!!!!

You might have seen me---I had a Dodger shirt on!!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Great pictures---did you take them? Our awesome free seats were FIFTH from the Top!!! I had to take rest half way up there!!!!!

You might have seen me---I had a Dodger shirt on!!!! :D

was that you?!?!!? ;):p
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    cutback wrote:

Nice pics. What was the final score?

Dodgers Giants in 30 min!!!! We continue to beat on the Giants for another year!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Nice pics. What was the final score?

Dodgers Giants in 30 min!!!! We continue to beat on the Giants for another year!

7-4 sox....i was a little disappointed the score wasn't higher....at bp ortiz launching balls over the screen...i was hoping for a football score....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    7-4 sox....i was a little disappointed the score wasn't higher....at bp ortiz launching balls over the screen...i was hoping for a football score....:)

Yeah from what I heard about how the field was set up I was expecting a higher score too.
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    dodgers up 4-o. nice start. hope they can maintaine the momentum til october.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    So what was the big surprise for the first pitch today?
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    cutback wrote:

What was the driving/parking experience?
  • Options
    pixie....kofax and someone else threw out the first pitch

JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    What was the driving/parking experience?

well for me it was fine....we parked on sc's campus and walked over and we got to the gates just as they opened at 4:10....when we left, we crossed the line for shuttles back to dodger stadium twice.....i think the line wrapped around the coliseum :eek: but it think the shuttles helped with traffic around the stadium because it was pretty easy getting out....and i should have honked when i passed the wiltern as you were leaving....;) :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    cutback wrote:
    pixie....kofax and someone else threw out the first pitch

well for me it was fine....we parked on sc's campus and walked over and we got to the gates just as they opened at 4:10....when we left, we crossed the line for shuttles back to dodger stadium twice.....i think the line wrapped around the coliseum :eek: but it think the shuttles helped with traffic around the stadium because it was pretty easy getting out....and i should have honked when i passed the wiltern as you were leaving....;) :)

We skipped the game cuz I thought it would be too much of a hassle.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    We skipped the game cuz I thought it would be too much of a hassle.

i thought that too....but when i was at the game i realized usc games are usually between 80 - 90 thousand so the extra 20,000 isn't that much...it was quite the spectacle....:)
  • Options
    GO DODGERS!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Looking good so far!
  • Options
    Looks like both th Giants and Dodgers could use an above average hitter!
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 596
    Schoki wrote:
    Looks like both th Giants and Dodgers could use an above average hitter!

Seriously, you'd think this was a hockey game or something. 2 -1 ??
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    More like a real boring soccer game!
  • Options
    FoxwellFoxwell Posts: 142
    I just received an e-mail update from dodgers.com that said there will be a news conference tomorrow regarding the future of Dodger Stadium.

Does anyone here know what this is about?

I assume, since we just spent millions of dollars renovating the sacred grounds, we're staying in the ravine.

But there's always a nervous, twitchy part of me that worries that Rupert Murdoch or Frank McCourt or whatever "suit" has control over our beloved stadium will tear it down and move us into the Depends Adult Undergarments Park sponsored by Slimfast
    ...or Girls Gone Wild Field
    ...or Ambien Stadium

Think Blue
    Long Live Dodger Stadium
    and God Speed Vin Scully
    "In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." -- Albert Camus

"He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that." -- John Stuart Mill

"Mongo just a pawn in game of life." -- Mongo
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Foxwell wrote:
    I just received an e-mail update from dodgers.com that said there will be a news conference tomorrow regarding the future of Dodger Stadium.

Does anyone here know what this is about?

I assume, since we just spent millions of dollars renovating the sacred grounds, we're staying in the ravine.

But there's always a nervous, twitchy part of me that worries that Rupert Murdoch or Frank McCourt or whatever "suit" has control over our beloved stadium will tear it down and move us into the Depends Adult Undergarments Park sponsored by Slimfast
    ...or Girls Gone Wild Field
    ...or Ambien Stadium

Think Blue
    Long Live Dodger Stadium
    and God Speed Vin Scully

Last week while in LA I saw a game at Dodger stadium. Wow what a cool place to see a baseball game. We were in the upper deck and such a great view it was. Such a shame if they decide to knock it down. :(
  • Options
    Foxwell wrote:

and God Speed Vin Scully

is Vinny sick???
  • Options
    FoxwellFoxwell Posts: 142
    Lizard wrote:
    is Vinny sick???

Oh God no! (at least not that I know of), that's just something I say whenever I see or hear him, since I know he isn't going to be around forever.

I see how Lakers broadcasts have suffered since Chick "fell off the raft," and I just don't want Vin to go...it's sort of a proactive Godspeed.
    "In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." -- Albert Camus

"He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that." -- John Stuart Mill

"Mongo just a pawn in game of life." -- Mongo
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    is Vinny sick???

Not that I've heard. I have extra innings, but the Reds announcers have been doing the last few games.
  • Options
    Foxwell wrote:
    Oh God no! (at least not that I know of), that's just something I say whenever I see or hear him, since I know he isn't going to be around forever.

I see how Lakers broadcasts have suffered since Chick "fell off the raft," and I just don't want Vin to go...it's sort of a proactive Godspeed.

Proactive Godspeeds are a good thing. :)
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    is Vinny sick???

bite your tongue woman!!! :eek:

vinny will never die :)

as for the stadium.....we don't need it anyway since we can't hit for shit :mad: