Options

fuck the BCS

2»

Comments

• Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    go pre wrote:
    with all the crazy shit that happened this year in college football, there was no doubt that someone would feel screwed when it came down to the bcs games.

who got hosed worse? missouri this year or wisconsin last year? pretty similar screw jobs if you ask me.

the bcs needs to go.

Idaho rocked, too.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Get_Right wrote:
    unfortunately, college sports are a business

and the decisions are based on money not competitiveness

but you probably already knew that

ita only a matter of time before you will have to buy tickets to the local pop warner game

Did you know while Lebron James was in high school in Cleveland, scalpers were getting $500 a pop for tickets to a friggen high school game? The high school itself was selling tickets at $20-30 a pop. WTF!

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yea, missou and KU got hosed big time...another ho-hum, boring-ass BCS title game...
  • Options
    All Mizzou had to do was beat the team that Mizzou supposedly gave away their first loss too. And they got spanked. All West Virginia had to do was beat a bad Pitt team, and they got embarrassed.

Everyone knows how the BCS works. Mizzou knew that if they lost the Big XII game they'd be out completely, and they couldn't get it done.

Also, the Rose Bowl selection committee openly loathes being forced to go with the occasional non-traditional matchup (ala Oklahoma vs. Washington St., or Michigan vs. Texas). If they want to keep the Big 10-Pac 10 so bad, then maybe they should consider withdrawing from the BCS in favor of Cotton, Gator, Outback, Capitol One, etc... I would honestly have no problem with that, even as an Illinois/Big 10 guy.

But hey, Illinois knew what they had to do, they knew the math and they did it. If you don't like it, call the cops.
    Please don't smoke in smoke free buildings. You aren't cool, you're just an asshole
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    yea, missou and KU got hosed big time...another ho-hum, boring-ass BCS title game...

perhaps the reason that i don't watch college too often anymore...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    in the debate about whether conferences should have a championship game at the end of the season...

keep in mind that the major conferences which currently do have a title game each have 12 teams (SEC, Big 12, ACC). That's enough teams to adequately divide the conference into two divisions and have the division winners play for the conference championship. Conferences like the Big Ten or Pac-10 likely wouldn't even think of adding a title game unless their leagues grow to 12 or more as well.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    brainofPJ wrote:
    perhaps the reason that i don't watch college too often anymore...
    Well, this year was really exciting - just very dissapointing to see the same damn teams in the title game when there were probably about 5-6 other deserving of being in the same position...And to be honest, I do not think that ANY team with 2 losses should play for a Championship game - even if they were both in OT.
  • Options
    just go with the NFL.....i've been leaning that way for a few years...and I think this year has done me in.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Well, this year was really exciting - just very dissapointing to see the same damn teams in the title game when there were probably about 5-6 other deserving of being in the same position...And to be honest, I do not think that ANY team with 2 losses should play for a Championship game - even if they were both in OT.

so who goes of hawaii, kentucky, and osu?
  • Options
    so who goes of hawaii, kentucky, and osu?

OSU and LSU. ;)
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    OSU and LSU. ;)

even if i didnt fuck up and meant kansas instead of kentucky? :)
  • Options
    even if i didnt fuck up and meant kansas instead of kentucky? :)

yep, as you know conor, LSU is probably the best team in the SEC this year and the SEC is most definitely the best confrence in college football this year so, that's what they went for.

that's all there is to it.

go bucks!
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • Options
    yep, as you know conor, LSU is probably the best team in the SEC this year and the SEC is most definitely the best confrence in college football this year so, that's what they went for.

that's all there is to it.

go bucks!

oh, im not disappointed or angry with the results. it's as good a matchup as any other would have been. the one guy just said no two-loss team should be allowed to go, so i was wondering which 2 teams of the 3 with one loss or less would go?