Options

WTF? The Ed Shirt I Bought is SOOO Thin!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mca47 wrote:
    The Riot Act (2003) tour was the last tour that I know of that had good quality teeshirts. 2004/VFC were paper thin. 2006, the same.

I LOVE my my 2006 surfboard shirt, but I hate to wear it because it seems to cheap and I'd hate to wear it out...which seems very likely anymore.

Get your shit together PJ! It's a fuckin' disgrace you can't provide decent teeshirts anymore!! (among other things...)

Same here. Riot Act shirt is perfect. Everything since is bad quality. Can't even wear them. Didn't buy any in 2006 otr 2007 and won't this year if they are the same.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I remember going to show's and some guy would be walking around with a huge sports bag full of concert shirts for sale, they were cheaper than real thing but were very poorly made.....Here 20 years later the Real Deal Shirt is just as bad if not worse, and cost $40+.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    got my shirt today - WOW - you guys werent kidding - these shirts are like panty hose thin. I only ordered it because i thought it was the same ITW organic tee that came packaged with the CD. Worth $40? I dunno....I guess. Bummed....tho the non-tour shirts from merch seem like a little better quality - but the size thing is kinda weird
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    ZAPPER wrote:
    got my shirt today - WOW - you guys werent kidding - these shirts are like panty hose thin. I only ordered it because i thought it was the same ITW organic tee that came packaged with the CD. Worth $40? I dunno....I guess. Bummed....tho the non-tour shirts from merch seem like a little better quality - but the size thing is kinda weird

the ladies shirts are tiny.....but super comfortable. Its like its pre-warn in. :)

Maybe I'm just hunting for the silver lining. Kinda hoping the ladies t's for the tour are actually cut for ladies though.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    cuyler41 wrote:
    This is about spending our hard earned dollars on sub standard merch. If you bought a Pearl Jam CD and it sounded like shit after a few spins would that be ok with you ?

You have been doing it for years. Not much is made with quality anymore. But bashing a band over the quality of the shirt? I think they have bigger and better thing to worry about. I'm sure they would return the item in question if asked. What more can you ask for? We are just a bunch of spoiled brats in here.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    I could almost watch TV through the shirt I bought for my wife? $40.83 for this very thin fabric? Does thin fabric makes her boobs stand up better or something? Maybe make her Horny?

Just wondering are woman's T-Shirts always so thin?
    What shirt is this exactly?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I stopped buying fanclub T's after the Mookie ones. Now, I just buy blank Hanes Beefy T's and print whatever graphics I want onto inkjet transfer paper that can be ironed on. Cheap, lasts WAAAAAAAAY longer, looks just as good, and I can put whatever I want on it...even a picture of dog shit if I like!

;)

Now that’s smart!

I hardly wash my avocado. Yes, I have a dirty avocado! And I never dry it. Which means I don’t wear it as much as I like.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Yeah, I was about to buy one, but I swore off buying PJ concert shirts ever since the 05 tour.

But, the non-tour shirts seem to be a lot better quality.
  • Options
    guess you guys didn't read the fine print

"printed on 100% cheese cloth"

but hey look at it this way when it shrinks up after the first wash and is unwearable, you can sift stuff through it!!

I'd use it to clean my weed. :D
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    cuyler41 wrote:
    The last few tours the T-shirts have been crap, undersized and cheap fabric. On the other hand the non tour shirts through ten club are great.

NO they're NOT! Bought mine not to long ago, waited ages for it. Cost me half of the price for shipping. It was super thin, the sewing was cut at some places. Than I put it in the washing machine, cold, and the whole print is gone...damn.
    But tenC told me I could return it, so that is nice. But still, they could do with some more quality for that money.

Actually the two other items I bought from tenC were broken when they arrived. One was the Ed special vinyl and we could not return it, bc there were no more. The cover was damaged BEFORE it was put in the package.......:rolleyes: kind of felt like they knew about it when they packed it and thought..oh well, this one is going to Europe so they will all be finished before it arrives anyways...

Sorry, I am normally not that suspicious, but it just really sucked.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508

but hey look at it this way when it shrinks up after the first wash and is unwearable, you can sift stuff through it!!

lmao!
    love it.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    the free shirts i got through 10c for ITW and Immagine were good/great quality
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    augustwest wrote:
    the free shirts i got through 10c for ITW and Immagine were good/great quality

I agree - i like the 100% cotton - even though they start to fuzz up if washed too many times, they seem more durable than the others
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    ZAPPER wrote:
    I agree - i like the 100% cotton - even though they start to fuzz up if washed too many times, they seem more durable than the others

and the moral of this story is buyer beware...i did buy a tour shirt from 2005 and am afraid to wash it...but i just HAD TO have one! i knew what i was buying when i handed the cash over.

and um free stuff from the 10c is hard to complain about ;)
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    i don't get you people. i'm wearing an 04 vfc shirt right now and its still in great shape. i love the thin material, its more comfortable, its more stylish, it feels better. if they went back to the shit they used on the 00 and 03 tours, i'd stop buying their stuff.

if any of you have ever bought any ames clothing, its the same material
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    i don't get you people. i'm wearing an 04 vfc shirt right now and its still in great shape. i love the thin material, its more comfortable, its more stylish, it feels better. if they went back to the shit they used on the 00 and 03 tours, i'd stop buying their stuff.

if any of you have ever bought any ames clothing, its the same material

I love my 04 vfc shirt. My only problem with it was the sizing. Their green disease shirt i got from the ten club rocks too but man, that material is fucking thick.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    dunkman wrote:
    as old people always say

"thats the fashion these days... hey do you smell piss?"

thats so wrong

but very funny!
  • Options
    washmylungswashmylungs Posts: 61
    i dont bother with any PJ shirts cause i only buy American Apparel t-shirts (and PJ doesnt use them)...yes, i'm a total t-shirt snob. get used to wearing AA shirts and you'll never want to wear a fruit of the loom or hanes again ;)

its sucks cause i'd love to wear some PJ designs, some are very very cool, but i know if i buy it i'll never wear it

were the ITW EV Solo tour shirts American Apparel? i thought they might have been but i got a poster regardless so i didnt even want to check.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    i love this ladies t...it the best fitting Pearl Jam t that i've even owned. bought one at the santa barbara show, and bought another online last week. It's washed really well, too. It fits my boobs, waist AND hips all at the same time...can't beat it. :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    GR8Dane wrote:
    You have been doing it for years. Not much is made with quality anymore. But bashing a band over the quality of the shirt? I think they have bigger and better thing to worry about. I'm sure they would return the item in question if asked. What more can you ask for? We are just a bunch of spoiled brats in here.

ever tried to return a tour shirt? good one LOL! Do you own a shitty T-shirt factory or something? Your awful defensive about this.
  • Options
    Wish i'd seen this thread 10 minutes ago mightn't have bought the "tank top" still what the hell, i've done it now! as for tour shirts i bought two at the dublin gig in 06, the surf board and the iron fist both in a size large but the iron fist is more like a medium while the surfboard is more like an xl! a bit quality control especially in the sizing wouldn't go amiss next tour. Still have originals from 93 "music for rhino's" and "reject" shirts, still going strong! i guess they don't make'm like they used to!
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    cuyler41 wrote:
    ever tried to return a tour shirt? good one LOL! Do you own a shitty T-shirt factory or something? Your awful defensive about this.

He bought it on-line from the 10C. Ever tried reading before responding?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    GR8Dane wrote:
    He bought it on-line from the 10C. Ever tried reading before responding?

Those shirts are the same ones sold at the shows :)
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293

hilarious
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    i dont bother with any PJ shirts cause i only buy American Apparel t-shirts (and PJ doesnt use them)...yes, i'm a total t-shirt snob. get used to wearing AA shirts and you'll never want to wear a fruit of the loom or hanes again ;)

its sucks cause i'd love to wear some PJ designs, some are very very cool, but i know if i buy it i'll never wear it

were the ITW EV Solo tour shirts American Apparel? i thought they might have been but i got a poster regardless so i didnt even want to check.

I wholeheartedly second your endorsement of American Apparel shirts. The cotton is awesome, and I buy plain stuff from them at their stores. I do get at least one PJ shirt per tour though. My green one from 06 is holding up well, as is the 'we come in peace' one that I got in Chicago last year. I personally prefer thin material (and girl cut shirts).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    No Kidding!!!

I just got mine and it is really, really, really, thin !!! The one I got when I ordered the CD was a normal tee! Wonder why they changed.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    yeah, over the past few tours... i beleive i first became aware of this when i bought one of them brown hawk/dove tshirts from reading 04... they are thinner AND smaller than the actual size you are buying...

i thought it had something to do with how the shirts are made... i heard it was more environmentally concious with the new crappy shirts... whatever!!!

it is annoying... but i got my eddie shirts this saturday... the eddie mens is a size too small for large, and it is farily sheer... however I also got the men's tank top, which looks like quality good!!!

i think anvil has the better quality... in fact the eddie mens just had a size tag... not even a make on it... perhaps these were made in a philipino sweat shop???
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...