Options

WTF? The Ed Shirt I Bought is SOOO Thin!!!!

LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I could almost watch TV through the shirt I bought for my wife? $40.83 for this very thin fabric? Does thin fabric makes her boobs stand up better or something? Maybe make her Horny?

Just wondering are woman's T-Shirts always so thin?
Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    as old people always say

"thats the fashion these days... hey do you smell piss?"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    Lizardking wrote:
    I could almost watch TV through the shirt I bought for my wife? $40.83 for this very thin fabric? Does thin fabric makes her boobs stand up better or something? Maybe make her Horny?

mama mia!!

a shirt .. that "makes boobies stand up better & makes them horny????"

*buy's a crate of ed ladies shirts for the friday night party at the palace!!! :p
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    could we get a pic? JK :)

Evil Beaver style :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    LukinFan wrote:
    could we get a pic? JK :)

Evil Beaver style :D

We're not going to let that one die are we? Where is the Evil Beaver?? Did he ever make a reappearance?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    mjb wrote:
    We're not going to let that one die are we? Where is the Evil Beaver?? Did he ever make a reappearance?

what's that about??? Must have missed it.

The tees from the Avocado tour were/are very thin too.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
    40 dollars for upgrading boobs and love life, Ill say thats a bargain!!!
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:

got mine in Vancouver...I've worn and washed it probably 8 times since and there are 2 holes in it already!

PS....no boob activity over here ;)
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    mjb wrote:
    They deleted his thread- maybe he got banned or put on punishment from the gf
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Yes, the shirts are complete crap. Like the original poster did, I got home and saw that I could watch tv through it. Mine was a Mens large. Shirts are the one collectors item I actually use, so it sucks that you can't even wear the shirts more than a couple times.
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:

Is it a ladies fitted shirt, or just a smaller version of the mens? The pic looks like a mens style, just smaller...
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I stopped buying fanclub T's after the Mookie ones. Now, I just buy blank Hanes Beefy T's and print whatever graphics I want onto inkjet transfer paper that can be ironed on. Cheap, lasts WAAAAAAAAY longer, looks just as good, and I can put whatever I want on it...even a picture of dog shit if I like!

;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    thin t-shirts are in fashion...like vintage you know
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    and I can put whatever I want on it...even a picture of dog shit if I like!

;)

you need "scratch & sniff" for that one!!!! :p:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    its bs. $40 for crap.
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    You can't win these days.

I bought a Kings of Leon orchid shirt and the cotton was ridiculously thick!

Put that sucker in the dryer and it shrunk 5 sizes! Went from a shirt to a kneckroll pillow cover... booyah!
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    The last few tours the T-shirts have been crap, undersized and cheap fabric. On the other hand the non tour shirts through ten club are great.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    the last good t-shirt was the Dog/crossbones benefit shirt from the '03 MSG show. still have it, still wears great.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    wontonseanwontonsean Posts: 5
    I thought the same thing after I bought my Ed Vedder April Fool's shirt, but since I wash my dark's inside out, I noticed the tag a few weeks later. I don't know about the other tour shirts, but His solo tour shirts seemed to be made from Bamboo. It's literally the most comfortable shirt in my entire closet now, and the shrinkage was no more than any other t-shirt

Hope that helps some people
    Sean
  • Options
    MikosMikos Posts: 14
    My avacado tour shirt (blue one with avacado on front) is awesome, going strong. I probably wear it atleast once or twice a week on average, since the tour in November 06. Still looks great, got slight wear but is fine. The dark green "world wide" I got is however alot thinner but I dont wear it as much. It got a hole in it pretty quickly.

I've also got the "reach" shirt from the website and it is awesome too. I wear it also maybe once a week for around a year and only 1 very small hole appearing in it. BTW a little off topic, does anyone know exactly what the symbol on the front of the reach shirt is meant to mean? I figure it isn't meant to be anything in particular, but everyone keeps asking me and I have no answer... I just say it's whatever you want it to be!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    i know my shirt i bouth at the 05 goge was so small and thin , it was a Xl so i bought the same one from teh 10 c and itr is such a heavy material. I dont know why there shirts a reso thin and so small. Some of us all stilldont way 150 pounds and fit in the skinny people shirts u know
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    undershirts and deordorant people! i wear a plain white T under my band shirts every time so i only have to wash them once every 5 or 6 wears... im a pretty neat person so its not a problem... and none of my shirts have any wear... even the ones ive had for years

i agree tho that these new paper thin shirts are for the birds... glad i held off on buying the ed one... not to mention i hate that design

i just bought a pricey T from the ames bros site... hopefully those arent paper thin too
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    The shirt quality has really gone downhill.

I think it's interesting that i have seen Ed boast sometimes about the shirts he wears. Like old Neil Young 70's shirts and shit. Or an old one from The Who.

It's nice that he can have those shirts for so many years. But the crap they sell us (at crazy prices) will NEVER last as long as some of the stuff mentioned above.

I want to boast about my PJ shirts 20 years from now......but i can't see it happening.........

allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    I've already decided I'm not buying any more low quality, high priced crap from PJ this coming tour. If poster prices are jacked up like the Ed prints I won't get those either. Half the stuff I bought last tour was random in the sizing and the other half only made it 4-5 wears before the stitching in the neckline of one and the shoulder of another started coming undone. They had one thing in common though, which was their paper thin fabric.

Screw that. So much for keeping the quality high all around for the fans. Just slap some crap together and they'll buy it seems to be the mentality sadly enough. Be one thing if prices were up, but if prices to go up and the items are that questionable again is unreasonable.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    The Riot Act (2003) tour was the last tour that I know of that had good quality teeshirts. 2004/VFC were paper thin. 2006, the same.

I LOVE my my 2006 surfboard shirt, but I hate to wear it because it seems to cheap and I'd hate to wear it out...which seems very likely anymore.

Get your shit together PJ! It's a fuckin' disgrace you can't provide decent teeshirts anymore!! (among other things...)
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    ttiwwop
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    WTF? All of this over a shirt? You guys are killing me.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    Lizardking wrote:

Well the Avocado ladies T was pretty thin, but the Black surfboard one I bought last year was good thick quality and the red one I bought last year was somewhere in between the two!
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    GR8Dane wrote:
    WTF? All of this over a shirt? You guys are killing me.

This is about spending our hard earned dollars on sub standard merch. If you bought a Pearl Jam CD and it sounded like shit after a few spins would that be ok with you ?
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    The shirt quality has really gone downhill.

I think it's interesting that i have seen Ed boast sometimes about the shirts he wears. Like old Neil Young 70's shirts and shit. Or an old one from The Who.

It's nice that he can have those shirts for so many years. But the crap they sell us (at crazy prices) will NEVER last as long as some of the stuff mentioned above.

I want to boast about my PJ shirts 20 years from now......but i can't see it happening.........

allmyrivals

Very good points. I agree with those who don't buy the cheap shirts any more.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Gas is really expensive these days.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive