Options

Do Your Friends Mock Your Pearl Jam Love??

LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Some of my friends kinda make fun of me because I have so much Pearl Jam items and do things because of Pearl Jam, Like Brad show's and Flight To Mars. Or going to Liamm Finn at Easystreet hoping Ed stop's by?

Do any of you kinda feel your friends get a chuckle out of you and Pearl Jam.
Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Lizardking wrote:
    Some of my friends kinda make fun of me because I have so much Pearl Jam items and do things because of Pearl Jam, Like Brad show's and Flight To Mars. Or going to Liamm Finn at Easystreet hoping Ed stop's by?

Do any of you kinda feel your friends get a chuckle out of you and Pearl Jam.
    all the time! My office is pretty much a Pearl Jam room, how the wife put up with it, I'll never know. :)

The biggest question that I always get is (after they see my two towers with all of the 2000 and 2003 boots) why do you have so many of the same CD? And then when I explain to them that it's one for each show and I have them all, they really look at me like I'm crazy :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Every chance they get. They love to sing Evenflow around me with mumbled lyrics.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Yep - they think I am a big dork. Which is fine, 'cause I probably am. And so are all of you :)
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Everyone in my fraternity makes fun of me for being a Pearl Jamaholic and EV impersonator.

At my senior roast my buddy said:

"Mike, Mike, Mike. You're one of the tallest people I've ever met in my entire life. It must be hard looking people eye to eye except when you're on your knees sucking Eddie Vedder's cock."
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    No, I refuse to be friends with anyone who does not like PJ.
    LukinFan wrote:

The biggest question that I always get is (after they see my two towers with all of the 2000 and 2003 boots) why do you have so many of the same CD? And then when I explain to them that it's one for each show and I have them all, they really look at me like I'm crazy :D

Yeah, I don't even bother explaining that. If you aren't into music you just don't get it.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,923
    Yep . . . !

Do I care?

Nope!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    A lot of my friends are fans as well, so they all understand it. A lot of people just ask about the band and if I got any tour plans coming up. Do some of them think I'm stupid for spending so much cash on the band? Sure. Hell, even I do.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Yep . . . !

Do I care?

Nope!
    exactly
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Oh yeah, I get flak from my friends and co-workers. Hell my own roommate can't stand PJ, even moreso when bands he likes open for them every tour :D
    Jw
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    my friends sorta do..though one of them is coming with me this summer to his first ever PJ show- so maybe a new fan will come about
  • Options
    drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    Yep - my wife gives me a hard time about it all the time. And I have a few buddies that every time we're out for a few drinks, at some point during the night the question comes up...

"so, did you get to f%$# Eddie yet?"
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    ...but not my love for pearl jam. They know that would really hurt my feelings!
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    whenever i tell some of my friends im excited about something, theyre like "here we go again, is it another pearl jam concert?"
    my parents are the worst though, because whenever a song comes on the radio they fuck it up on purpose, for instance they'll sing "glorified version of a pelican!" or "ohh iiii, ohhhh amstellll light" instead of i'm still alive. and whenever a pearl jam song comes on the radio i get excited, but they always go "don't you already have this song on cd why do you care if it's on the radio you can just go home and listen to it" i dunno, it's just not the same i rarely get to hear pearl jam on the radio amongst all the foo fighters and system of a down they normally play.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    yup. my favorite mocking: my dad likes to "sing" like eddie every so often...just to see me shake my head. it's very endearing, actually :-)

1000th post for me :-) i love my dorkiness.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    noone understands my passion for the band.

they get it a little bit,

just not all the way.

so regretfully i go on my way
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    ACCORDING to my friends & wife, Ed is my boyfriend.
    And People at work ask me all the time when Im leaving to go on tour, especially the old people :D

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    One of my best friends mocks me everytime i buy tickets. She wonders when they give out the free plaid shirts and Docs, at will call or are they sent directly to your house.

Bitch. :D
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I can't help but think I have answered this although I can't find it here........

but my kids are so sick of hearing PJ when we drive and they make fun of me on this site all of the time.....

but I figure one day they will have good taste and join me.......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    yeah some of my friends used to mock my PJ love when I was like 17.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Everyone in my fraternity makes fun of me for being a Pearl Jamaholic and EV impersonator.

At my senior roast my buddy said:

"Mike, Mike, Mike. You're one of the tallest people I've ever met in my entire life. It must be hard looking people eye to eye except when you're on your knees sucking Eddie Vedder's cock."

that is fucking hilarious
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    according to my parents I have completely lost touch with reality... :D

my sister doesnt understand Pearl Jam at all (no one in my family does), that might be because I'm the only one who speaks english well enough.

I'm 21 btw - so i don't really care what my sister or parents think. :D I've always gone my own ways.

And now that I'm traveling all the way to NYC (+Hartford and Mansf)... they're like; "Why? Its just a band....?" its difficult trying to explain to them that it isn't just a band- and just music. ;) it's much much more, it cant be explained. PJs music is the soundtrack of my life.

:)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    Yeah it gets to the wife the most though... She can't get into my truck without hearing them. I have a 6 disc changer and its usually all PJ. When I know she can't take it anymore I will put on the radio. The funny thing is we will hear a PJ song on the radio with 5 minutes of me switching over. She just rolls her eyes and says.. Of course ,why wouldn't be a PJ song and then she laughs.

She understands and she cool with it. As far as my friends, I don't really care what they think. They all say crap to me all the time.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    It's rare to find someone who understands the love. "How can you go to 5 shows in a row?" etc.

Then again, I've converted quite a few people. I've forced a handful of people to go to a PJ show with me. Every time, the next tour, they go to at least 3 shows. So be careful, PJ love is contagious.
  • Options
    mattmidgettmattmidgett Posts: 128
    I often get made fun of for how obsessive I am about the band. Most of my friends, parents, and girlfriend like Pearl Jam, but none are nearly as into them as I am. I have converted my roommate and now he claims that PJ is his favorite band, but still, my passion for all things PJ is unrivaled in my circle of friends.

My friends love to tell me that I have been "out Pearl Jammed" if and when I run into someone else who truly appreciates the brilliance of PJ. Sometimes this includes me honestly getting "out Pearl Jammed" like I was multiple times at Lollapalooza last year and other times it happens if we happen to run into someone who is wearing a Pearl Jam shirt on one of the rare occasions that I am not. Regardless, I find it pretty entertaining and quite funny.

Everyone has their little things that they are really (and questionably overly) into. Pearl Jam just so happens to be mine.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Yeah. Some mock it, some understand it. I dont really care either way. Haha.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    no

they are more likely to tease me for being a Ryan Gosling fan. ;)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    My friends mock my funky ways
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The term that has been applied to me is "Vedderosexual."
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    writersu wrote:
    my kids are so sick of hearing PJ when we drive and they make fun of me on this site all of the time.....

but I figure one day they will have good taste and join me.......

Yeah they will, my dad hooked me when I was 14.

Nobody really mocks me aboout PJ. (Except my brother)
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    oh yea!
    even though most of my friends really like and appreciate pearl jam they still bust my balls every chance they get because of my obsession. it's all harmless though.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford