Options

I'm gonna be a Dad!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thanks. My life's a fucking yo-yo right now. I got sacked just after the new year, then un-sacked about 4 days later after agreeing to work an extra hour a day for my boss for the next 2 weeks. I found out two days after being sacked that this girl was pregnant. And now it looks like she's gonna have an abortion.
    Hmm..It's a good job I've got a sense of humour or I'd be fucked.

is all this the christmas edition of Eastenders 2008? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I bet he hit it from the back
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Awww byrnzie... that's a shame! See how it goes. And either way we'll all be here for ya :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Edit: I just saw your recent post. So sorry to hear things have turned shitty.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    gabers wrote:
    Edit: I just saw your recent post. So sorry to hear things have turned shitty.

Thanks. I kind of figure things are worse for her though. I was trying to imagine how it must feel for a girl to have an abortion and I imagine there must be no worse feeling on Earth.
    In comparison I'm just a selfish/irresponsible bastard.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Thanks. I kind of figure things are worse for her though. I was trying to imagine how it must feel for a girl to have an abortion and I imagine there must be no worse feeling on Earth.
    In comparison I'm just a selfish/irresponsible bastard.
    I've helped friends through this and yep, it seems pretty devastating. You were both at fault and it doesn't make things easier but, and I know it sounds like a cliche, just be there for her and try and be strong. There's not much advice anyone can give ya. Stop being selfish/irresponsible for a while and help her through it. Do everything you can to make it go as 'smoothly' as possible.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Awww Byrnzie. Such a difficult decision.... Well, whatever your friend decides, I'm sure all of this made you think about a lot of things and discover quite a bit about yourself. I hope things turn out the best for the both of you (whatever the outcome). And in this kind of situation, you are not the only one being selfish/irresponsible - it is a responsibility both of you share - again, whatever the outcome.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    not disapointed, we are just concerned for your wellfare cos we love you :) xxx

the comparison you have shown through this event so far is wonderful, you should be proud that you havent turned your back on her and as H said help her through the next part.

after that (sorry to sound like your mum) but maybe you should get checked over for STD's and keep your rain hood handy !!!!!!!!! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    i dont think byrnzie needs advice or lectures ... he knows what he's done and he has to deal with it in his 'real' life.

he's a top bloke is Steve and he's probably having a shit time of things as we speak... so why people feel the need to come onto the thread and then tell him what he's done wrong beats me? :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

he's a top bloke is Steve and he's probably having a shit time of things as we speak...
    I agree completely... I also think people are just concerned and want the best for him... well SOME people! And Steve knows who they are!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    yeah i didnt mean that post to sound off against VV.. just so happened to come after her post.. Steve knows what i mean :)
  • Options
    hahahahaha I know you Know me well enough and i know You well enough to KNOW what you ment ! :p

And that steve knows me well enough to know its just cos I love him :)

i do try to be considerate in my posts on sencertive subjects (even if i cant sp the words right) but can also feel the mother in me need to remind them to take care of ones self :)
    and I know that you know thats what I ment ;) hahahaha
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    i think
    your not so happy about that or
    i hope you find a good way for all
    a kid also need love right
    and support
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yea, it's mine. I'm kind of glad she wants to keep it. She knows that I'm not gonna be a permanent fixture in her life or anything, but I told her I'll be around as much as possible to support her.
    How touching.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    John Budge wrote:
    How touching.

You can almost hear "I Am Woman" blaring through the speakers as you read that, can't you? :)
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    congrats
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Jennytree wrote:
    takes two to tango... why don't you get on the phone and lecture the mother too :p

Maybe I will

Oh wait too expensive to call there !

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Well all those people being so judgemental.. mistakes are made but at least Byrnzie was trying to do the right thing in a situation that is far from ideal. He was taking responsibility, supporting the lady in her choice to keep the child and wanting to be there as much as possible and supporting his child. After the initial shock, even warming up to the idea of being a dad. Though now all that seem irrelevant as the lady changed her mind and may have an abortion. There again, Byrnzie did what he should have done... supporting her yet again in her decision and taking care of things financially. Both him and the lady knew that nothing was long term. Byrnzie is a visitor in a foreign country, far away and everything is therefore temporary.

He could have been a bastard and not cared and done a runner. A good number of men wouldn't have thought twice about that... Go back home and forget about the foreign fling.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    redrock wrote:
    Well all those people being so judgemental.. mistakes are made but at least Byrnzie was trying to do the right thing in a situation that is far from ideal. He was taking responsibility, supporting the lady in her choice to keep the child and wanting to be there as much as possible and supporting his child. After the initial shock, even warming up to the idea of being a dad. Though now all that seem irrelevant as the lady changed her mind and may have an abortion. There again, Byrnzie did what he should have done... supporting her yet again in her decision and taking care of things financially. Both him and the lady knew that nothing was long term. Byrnzie is a visitor in a foreign country, far away and everything is therefore temporary.

He could have been a bastard and not cared and done a runner. A good number of men wouldn't have thought twice about that... Go back home and forget about the foreign fling.

Is this what the world has come to?....someone takes proper responsibility for something with which they are clearly involved, so they deserve some sort of praise?

(not a knock on Brynzie...he seems like a top bloke).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Is this what the world has come to?....someone takes proper responsibility for something with which they are clearly involved, so they deserve some sort of praise?

i think its called suport
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Believe it or not, women DO get to a place in their lives where they make a decent living, decide it's time to be a mom, and find themselves a sperm whale. And those women might not even have ulterior motives about trapping anyone or wanting to get married (ick).

But... guys don't get credit for acknowledging a responsibility & not being a coward.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i think its called suport

good point!
  • Options
    Believe it or not, women DO get to a place in their lives where they make a decent living, decide it's time to be a mom, and find themselves a sperm whale. And those women might not even have ulterior motives about trapping anyone or wanting to get married (ick).

But... guys don't get credit for acknowledging a responsibility & not being a coward.

Do you give people credit for only taking one newspaper out of the rack, when they could easily take all of them, even though it would be stealing?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Sorry... double post
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I'm not praising him for doing what is right, just acknowledging he is not a total bastard as some of the posts may suggest (though not said in such clear words). He's a good guy, no need to dump on him (or anyone else for that matter!).
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Do you give people credit for only taking one newspaper out of the rack, when they could easily take all of them, even though it would be stealing?

Um.. no? And I also don't give people credit for not pushing old ladies off of subway platforms in front of oncoming trains, even though they could easily do that as well.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Um.. no? And I also don't give people credit for not pushing old ladies off of subway platforms in front of oncoming trains, even though they could easily do that as well.

I felt like pushing an annoying hipster this morning, but thought better of it..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I respect what Steve was trying to do..just was concerned both for him and the baby as in practice it would have been very complicated ...seems She started thinking about that too..

now Steve, you need to find the right woman and start all over again ;)
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Congrats. I'm terribly sorry, you stupid, stupid man;)

I'm joking. It's gonna be great. Sleepless nights. ER visits. A.M. feedings. Thoughts of suicide. Really, it's awesome.

I'm dumber than you though. I've done it 3 times.

Love,

World's Biggest Retard
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Steve, whatever happens, kudos to you for remaining engaged and participating in the entire situation. And for knowing yourself and being realistic. Takes courage and wisdom to work through situations such as these and as far as I'm concerned you are showing both. Whatever happens, I admire you for all that you have done and are doing. For what that's worth. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift