Options

Anyone done anything nice today?

2»

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    mookie9999 wrote:
    At the pre show meet up for EV tonight I offered to allow two guys to keep their backpacks in my rental car. In exchange they offered me a nice bowl to smoke. The love is a flowin', I'm six rows back and waiting to be blown away!!

nice!! enjoy the show!!! :D
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Allie wrote:
    I am at the show but my posting will cease once Ed hits the stage!
    duh, of course :) let us know the scoopey scoop when you can?
    You're in Santa Cruz? (I checked the Porch) I didn't know what city it was tonight
    I loooove Santa Cruz, after SF it was my favorite city that I visited on the West Coast. It is so gorgeous.

PS-It's going to be near 70 here on Wed :p;)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Allie wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You're in Santa Cruz? (I checked the Porch) I didn't know what city it was tonight
    I loooove Santa Cruz, after SF it was my favorite city that I visited on the West Coast. It is so gorgeous.

scoopey scoop??
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I bought a nice bag of weed today. :)
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    cutback wrote:
    nice!! enjoy the show!!! :D
    Thanks!!! It should be awesome! Liam Finn is an animal! Great performance other than accidentally calling us Santa Fe! Oops! He caught himself, called himself an idiot, and corrected it.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I am at the show but my posting will cease once Ed hits the stage!

Have Fun Mookie. You've got about 15 minutes to finish that last drink and bathroom puff. ;) The Vancouver shows were awesome!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

scoopey scoop??

hee hee
    the scoop, ie:

like what happened at the show

the set list and what not. How things went... etc
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I did something nice for myself...I dropped off the Vancouver night 2 poster off at the framers today. I can't wait!!! :D
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Allie wrote:

hee hee
    the scoop, ie:

like what happened at the show

the set list and what not. How things went... etc

I feel ya (more slang). it was amusing to me.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Allie wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:

Santa Cruz is awesome! I love most of the bay area! 70 on Wednesday?!? Damn!! Guess I'll get rain for my return! I hear tuning behind the curtain! It's getting close!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

I feel ya (more slang). it was amusing to me.
    no worries, homey :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Allie wrote:
    Santa Cruz is awesome! I love most of the bay area! 70 on Wednesday?!? Damn!! Guess I'll get rain for my return! I hear tuning behind the curtain! It's getting close!!!
    OH! I feel like I'm there, kind of.

they said btwn 65 and 70

when you get done w/the show you can look at weather.com :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Weird...I was pulling into the gas station today when an elderly Hindu lady walked up to my car and asked me to drive her to some temple that was on the other side of town. As I was driving her there I remembered this thread.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,926
    irieinindy wrote:
    but I need to talk about it as well. I remodel people's homes, so I always have to go to their house to meet with them. This morning caught me off guard, of course you never know what to expect when you walk into someone's house but you don't expect grief and tragedy.

The customers were an older couple, and as soon as they opened the door you could feel this intense sadness come from them, but they were sweet as could be. They want work on their basement done, so I follow them to the basement, on the way noticing the flags and blankets everywhere. By the time I get to the basement I notice the memorial boards where friends and family write messages to someone they have lost, and that person was obviously in the military. I could have easily ignored this, is wasn't obvious-I am just trained as a salesperson to see every single thing in your home so I can figure out how to use it against you and sale you, it sounds terrible but it's sales. Anyway, I couldn't ignore it, I could not look this woman in the eyes and act like I didn't know that she had just lost her son.
    So, I am not in these people's home for 5 minutes and we are all crying in the basement. There was just so much emotion in the room for me to be able to handle and it came out. They told me all about their son and how he had picked out the house for them and left his insurance to pay for it after his death, like he knew. He was killed in Bagdad, last year-to those parents it was yesterday. His dog was there and you could feel his energy everywhere. His father is a truck driver and he says he hates his job now because of all the time he has to think. There were piles and piles of blankets that people had made for the family laid everywhere. We finally got their basement quote done, but talked for hours about Shawn, and cried a lot. It was just so incredibly sad, and overwhelming. It has affected me in a way, that I could never put into words. I feel so guilty for not doing more for our soldiers, for not doing more to get them home and today Shawn Hensel spoke to me and I will do something. I don't know what yet but I am going to do something. It is a lot easier for you to keep your distance when you don't see the pain first hand in your face. I never want to feel pain like that!

Tomorrow I am going to Bloomington to the Barack Obama/Dave Matthews fundraiser, and I can definitely tell you what is at the top of my agenda and he better have a damn good answer about how to get our kids home and not create more death in their country to get it done!
    If anyone has any ideas of what I could do, to help our soldier's directly, please let me know.
    Humbled by men who give their life for our government's causes, it's amazing.
    RIP Shawn Hensel-Logansport, Indiana

It counts! It was wonderful of you to take time out of your day to comfort two strangers who have suffered an unimaginable loss.

Peace
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Come on I need some distraction. :o
    I paid my respects at my friends grave today.
    I thought that was a nice gesture.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    mookie9999 wrote:
    At the pre show meet up for EV tonight I offered to allow two guys to keep their backpacks in my rental car. In exchange they offered me a nice bowl to smoke. The love is a flowin', I'm six rows back and waiting to be blown away!!
    now...thats just made me mad....grrrrrr
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed