Options

Anyone done anything nice today?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Come on I need some distraction. :o
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    I took a nice shit. Well, technically I guess I left a nice shit. :D
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Options
    PJ_Saluki wrote:
    same here! :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    PJ_Saluki wrote:

Oatmeal baby oatmeal. I took my patient to the beach to watch the surfer dudes and dudettes do their thing.

He wasn't too impressed the wind messed up his hair.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mkcapsmkcaps Posts: 36
    An old lady that comes into the store I work at needed help getting down the sidewalk step.
    So I helped her ...
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    i tried to donate blood but was too anemic.

then i pulled a forest weeds on the side of my house.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    I didn't yell at the housekeeper for skipping my bedroom because she was in a hurry.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I opened the door for two older ladies at the Goodwill store today.
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I paid the bill when my friend and I went out for lunch!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    but I need to talk about it as well. I remodel people's homes, so I always have to go to their house to meet with them. This morning caught me off guard, of course you never know what to expect when you walk into someone's house but you don't expect grief and tragedy.

The customers were an older couple, and as soon as they opened the door you could feel this intense sadness come from them, but they were sweet as could be. They want work on their basement done, so I follow them to the basement, on the way noticing the flags and blankets everywhere. By the time I get to the basement I notice the memorial boards where friends and family write messages to someone they have lost, and that person was obviously in the military. I could have easily ignored this, is wasn't obvious-I am just trained as a salesperson to see every single thing in your home so I can figure out how to use it against you and sale you, it sounds terrible but it's sales. Anyway, I couldn't ignore it, I could not look this woman in the eyes and act like I didn't know that she had just lost her son.
    So, I am not in these people's home for 5 minutes and we are all crying in the basement. There was just so much emotion in the room for me to be able to handle and it came out. They told me all about their son and how he had picked out the house for them and left his insurance to pay for it after his death, like he knew. He was killed in Bagdad, last year-to those parents it was yesterday. His dog was there and you could feel his energy everywhere. His father is a truck driver and he says he hates his job now because of all the time he has to think. There were piles and piles of blankets that people had made for the family laid everywhere. We finally got their basement quote done, but talked for hours about Shawn, and cried a lot. It was just so incredibly sad, and overwhelming. It has affected me in a way, that I could never put into words. I feel so guilty for not doing more for our soldiers, for not doing more to get them home and today Shawn Hensel spoke to me and I will do something. I don't know what yet but I am going to do something. It is a lot easier for you to keep your distance when you don't see the pain first hand in your face. I never want to feel pain like that!

Tomorrow I am going to Bloomington to the Barack Obama/Dave Matthews fundraiser, and I can definitely tell you what is at the top of my agenda and he better have a damn good answer about how to get our kids home and not create more death in their country to get it done!
    If anyone has any ideas of what I could do, to help our soldier's directly, please let me know.
    Humbled by men who give their life for our government's causes, it's amazing.
    RIP Shawn Hensel-Logansport, Indiana
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i participated in philly clean-up day. picked up trash in the ghetto of west philly (made famous by the fresh prince...)
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I was trying some different finger patterns on guitar: Nick Drake stuff.
  • Options
    I was trying some different finger patterns on guitar: Nick Drake stuff.

Nick Drake is awesome.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Well I upset my mother in law because I didn't want to spend the night 'round their house yet again so we came home. But I stood up for myself!
  • Options
    Well I upset my mother in law because I didn't want to spend the night 'round their house yet again so we came home. But I stood up for myself!

Good for you. :cool:

• Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    This morning, my husband and I went to a local pet food store - the girl working was by herself, lamenting she wished she had grabbed a coffee before she came into work. After our purchase, we ran to the local coffee joint and grabbed the biggest cup we could and took it back for her. She was VERY happy. When she tried to give me money, I said "no way" and ran out of the store. :)
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I went to visit my friend tonight.
    She's a single parent with two young kids.They had just been bathed and in their jimjams.They looked all soft and clean.I had got some cd's for her,she put on Ben Harper and the kids began to dance around,it was really funny.We all got up to dance.Her 16 month old daughter kept on falling over with excitement.
    We put them to bed and sat and watched them for ages sleeping.
    Not a wild night but still a cool way to spend an evening.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    At the pre show meet up for EV tonight I offered to allow two guys to keep their backpacks in my rental car. In exchange they offered me a nice bowl to smoke. The love is a flowin', I'm six rows back and waiting to be blown away!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    I work on Saturdays, I'm a therapist and I helped my patients :)
    and I put change in the bucket for the guy playing music in the subway on the way home
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    At the pre show meet up for EV tonight I offered to allow two guys to keep their backpacks in my rental car. ..

quote]
    MOOKIE, are you really at the show? are you on your blackberry or Ipod

did you take that girl with you?! :D

How's it going?
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:
    At the pre show meet up for EV tonight I offered to allow two guys to keep their backpacks in my rental car. ..

quote]
    MOOKIE, are you really at the show? are you on your blackberry or Ipod

did you take that girl with you?! :D

How's it going?
    Liam just hit the stage. I'm on my blackberry. Didn't take the girl with me as I thought a trip to Cali to meet the family and see EV seemed a bit premature! ;). Maybe by the time San Diego rolls around I'll fly her out!! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    We went to the park with my family to throw the football. At some point, my blind husband must have felt out because he was sitting on a bench while my son and I were playing. So we devised this little trick: son throws ball to mom, who catches it and hands it to dad. Son calls dad continuously so dad knows where he is, son catches ball and passes to mom. Repeat.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Allie wrote:
    Liam just hit the stage. I'm on my blackberry. Didn't take the girl with me as I thought a trip to Cali to meet the family and see EV seemed a bit premature! ;). Maybe by the time San Diego rolls around I'll fly her out!! :D

But you are taking her to Roo, so I can make sure she is good enough for my wonderful friend :)

And today, I walked around a lot, because its was in the upper 60's today and VERY sunny. I also went with my husband while he bought a bike so he can bike to work to get fit and to help the environment. Then I walked around an outdoor mall to enjoy the weather.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Allie wrote:
    OMG that's sick!!! Mookie have a great time! Take photos!! Say hi to Ed for me ;) J/k

OMG if Mikey shows up on his b-day you have to tell us!

and lol, yea that might have scared her off a bit! I wish you continued good wishes/luck

it was really sunny and nice in NY today!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:

But you are taking her to Roo, so I can make sure she is good enough for my wonderful friend :)

Good work ! :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I gave away for face value a ticket to MSG 1 and MSG 2
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:
    OMG that's sick!!! Mookie have a great time! Take photos!! Say hi to Ed for me ;) J/k

OMG if Mikey shows up on his b-day you have to tell us!

and lol, yea that might have scared her off a bit! I wish you continued good wishes/luck

it was really sunny and nice in NY today!
    That figures (about the weather)!! I fly out of a downpour yesterday! Guess I can't complain as it was quite sunny today! Thanks for the well wishes!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Allie wrote:
    That figures (about the weather)!! I fly out of a downpour yesterday! Guess I can't complain as it was quite sunny today! Thanks for the well wishes!
    no worries, keep us posted. Positive dating stories inspire me ;) :P

yeah it was nasty last night

wait where are you? any Mikey sighting? I think that's sick you're posting from the concert. and nice for those who can't be there (back on topic!)

Sometimes I get techno-geeky :rolleyes:
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:
    no worries, keep us posted. Positive dating stories inspire me ;) :P

yeah it was nasty last night

wait where are you? any Mikey sighting? I think that's sick you're posting from the concert. and nice for those who can't be there (back on topic!)

Sometimes I get techno-geeky :rolleyes:
    I am at the show but my posting will cease once Ed hits the stage!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I gave away for face value a ticket to MSG 1 and MSG 2

How do you give away for face value? :confused:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    EdVedHed wrote:
    This morning, my husband and I went to a local pet food store - the girl working was by herself, lamenting she wished she had grabbed a coffee before she came into work. After our purchase, we ran to the local coffee joint and grabbed the biggest cup we could and took it back for her. She was VERY happy. When she tried to give me money, I said "no way" and ran out of the store. :)

AWESOME, That was really cool.:)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)