Options

My parents are fucking pissing me off.

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm home for a while, while there's building work going on in my flat..

But they come into my room, say hi, open my fucking curtains, and then leave again without a word... leaving the door open. Is that all they came in to do? Every day?

If I want to open my curtains, I will. Until then.. I won't.

And why won't they knock? It's an invasion of privacy. I know I'm with them for a while but I still have my own fucking life to lead. By myself.

Why is it that just because you're divorced and back home for a while, your parents start assuming you've reverted back to 10 years old?

Edit: and why does the board fuck up so much? This is down TWICE. :mad:
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Maybe they are just trying to cheer you up a tad? I open the shades for my husband when he seems depressed to get some sunshine in and try to encourage the light to, lighten the mood.

I'm sure they mean no harm.. Did you ask them to leave the shades alone? Maybe they just don't realize they are offending you. :(
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

But they come into my room, say hi, open my fucking curtains, and then leave again without a word... leaving the door open. Is that all they came in to do? Every day?

And why won't they knock? It's an invasion of privacy. I know I'm with them for a while but I still have my own fucking life to lead. By myself.

Why is it that just because you're divorced and back home for a while, your parents start assuming you've reverted back to 10 years old?

They just can't help themselves! Parents are a strange breed.
  • Options
    They just can't help themselves! Parents are a strange breed.

It's not even that he drew the curtains.. whatever.. but the fact that he came in, said 'Hi!', opened the curtains and walked out again.. just plain weird. I might have responded had he said 'Mark, it might be better to not sit in the dark', but as it is I've just closed them again.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    move out as soon as you can. I know it is hard to do; I know this.........truly.

So, yeah, parents can't usually see you as you are now,and offer unrequested advice like, i.e., "can't you just get back with your ex?"......as if it is their dream come true that you should be unhappy. wtf???

some parents do better; I am working toward this daily, having teens that are very close to having their own lives, but most do not.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It's not even that he drew the curtains.. whatever.. but the fact that he came in, said 'Hi!', opened the curtains and walked out again.. just plain weird. I might have responded had he said 'Mark, it might be better to not sit in the dark', but as it is I've just closed them again.
    Just try and relax man, most likely they aren't actively going out of their way to piss you off. I'm sure they mean well, even if it's annoying you.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Hahahaha, you should try my parents. My dad's 81, and his affectionate name for me is "Cunt".

Stay at my parents' house, and you get,

"Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!!! Get outta bed. Wankin' all night. Sleepin' all day. Get uuuuuuuuuuuup."

And this is at about half six in the morning. :D
  • Options
    Hahahaha, you should try my parents. My dad's 81, and his affectionate name for me is "Cunt".

"Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!!! Get outta bed. Wankin' all night. Sleepin' all day. Get uuuuuuuuuuuup."

Yeah, my boyfriends dad would gas him with tear gas if he didn't get up. I'm not joking! We all laugh about it now though. (Well I do). :o
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

:D:D

Finsy's dad
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Well, a cross between Father Jack and Shrek, but near enough. :D
  • Options
    PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    Why don't you just ask them to knock before they enter? And get the hell outta there ASAP. I think I would've couched it at a friend's house before I went back to my parents' place.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

And such a charming name to be calling someone.
    My tongue is quite terrible.
    Every other word around here is the F bomb.
    I sware to you Finsbury that I have never called anyone the name you are label as.
    No offense but um, your dad is a cranky shit.

be well dude...
    carry on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I call everybody a cunt. It's my favourite word.
  • Options

well now it all makes sence..
    i understand now..

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    I live without lights on all the time and keep my blinds closed, is there something wrong with me ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    I live without lights on all the time and keep my blinds closed, is there something wrong with me ?

Not in my book mate, you'd have to ask my parents for a second opinion.

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008

Me too!
  • Options
    i just like to be by myself in the dark, i do open the window to let air in on nice days, but keep the blinds down.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options

that is hard stuff living with ones own family.
    tell them to plz knock and be nasty when you say it.
    it sounds like to me that is what you have to do.
    get nasty, a bit anyways.
    examples:
    1. next fucking time knock on the fucking door please
    2. whip out your sword, get caught handling your own junk.
    that may teach them that you need privacy.
    3. ask them nicely, sit down at the dinner table, eye to eye, and speak the truth about what's going on in a nice calm tone.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

I get the impression they're not really 'talkers'.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

mine's is salamander.

its shit when angry though :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Bottom line is, your parents are always right. They own the property. They can kick down your door, bring a camel in, let it shit on your carpet, and go out again, if they want. That's the deal.

Button your lip until it's time to get back in your flat, for sanity's sake. ;)
  • Options
    I get the impression they're not really 'talkers'.

They talk fine about stuff they want to talk about.

They don't want to hear me telling them I'm down, though, and the next thing I know I'm acting like a stroppy teenager because they're not listening and I feel so trapped..

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    It's much more acceptable here than it is over there Fins :)

I used to hate it, then I grew to love it. I now use it as often as possible.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    It's much more acceptable here than it is over there Fins :)

I used to hate it, then I grew to love it. I now use it as often as possible.

Hahaha, that makes me want to use it less over here, and more, over there. :D
  • Options
    They talk fine about stuff they want to talk about.

They don't want to hear me telling them I'm down, though, and the next thing I know I'm acting like a stroppy teenager because they're not listening and I feel so trapped..
    i think all parents are like that, or most, my parents tell me to go to the doctors when im down, then i get fed im depressed by him and get fed prozac and wellbutrin, and they aren't really doing much to help, maybe im just a hermit somedays lol, and there's no cure i dunno.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Bottom line is, your parents are always right. They own the property. They can kick down your door, bring a camel in, let it shit on your carpet, and go out again, if they want. That's the deal.

Button your lip until it's time to get back in your flat, for sanity's sake. ;)

respect our parents, yes.
    fully and hugely.
    let them walk all over us, no.
    the day my mom or dad have a camel shitting in my room
    for the hell of it, is the day i freak the fuck out on somebody.
    scoop shovel, camel shit, hello fuckers..
    scoop of camel shit gets throws into their room..

i'd personally wanna be homeless before I put up with that kinda bullshit..
    i mean camelshit.. :D

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    fully and hugely.

i'd personally wanna be homeless before I put up with that kinda bullshit..
    i mean camelshit.. :D

You wouldn't last long on an exchange program with Borat's family. ;)
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    fully and hugely.

whilst you say the words 'I've just had it with this shit.'

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    nevermind
  • Options
    seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,213

my mom does this to me every day at 5:45 am, even when it isnt a school day. it is so annoying. i dont have to get up this early, so i dont know why she makes me
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go