Options

Is anyone on here clinically depressed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    it seems there are alot of us here that have suffered depression or are depressed.

Not many of you will remember but when I first started posting I started a Thread asking for help with Depression, or just some info whether or not anyone else was suffering too. That thread was hijacked by someone (I wont name names) and ended up not being very helpful, and actually turned quite abusive.
    Anyway, glad theres others here that are taking this seriously.
    Like others have said, the fact that you posted this thread warrants the need to speak to someone in the business of counselling. Your body is just giving you the hints that its time to make decisions.

Symptoms that I encounter when I get a relapse are, in no particular order:

* Difficulty sleeping or getting to sleep
    * Loss of appetite/eating more
    * Feelings of intense dread and/or sadness
    * Irritability and anxiety
    * Moody

I have a type of depression (I think its like Erogenous???) that stems from past experiences, and as far as I know Clinical Depression has no obvious cause, which means that its a chemical imbalance that can be treated and managed with meds and counselling. But you CANT have one without the other. The meds and Drs work TOGETHER and only when you team them up can you move forward. Too many people rely on just meds and it doesnt work!!!!

Not sure where you are but im sure there is a good clinic nearby that can put you in the right direction. Make sure you shop around for Drs too, it took me about 5 different counsellors to find one I liked, and then I was on the road to managing this disease better.

Also, I found that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy worked the best...it focuses on your pattern of thinking and teaches you to process thoughts in a different way....
    I hope this sheds some light, if not...hope it made you feel less alone :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Good to hear others come forth. I have big time anger issues and don't know if the meds aggravate it. I seriously do wonder though. It's sort of the yin for the yang you know?

Anyway, I think one thing we can all agree on is that PJ is a big time release for all of our shit. Those guys give me so much fuckin hope when I'm down. And sometimes I think Ed is writing about my life.

So here's to all you jammers who suffer the depths - we have fucking FINE taste in music don't we???? :)

If anyone here ever wants to talk about their stuff - pm me. I'm always up for a good talk with a fellow jammer - especially if I can help.
    love ya all~
    weenie
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    weenie wrote:
    Good to hear others come forth. I have big time anger issues and don't know if the meds aggravate it. I seriously do wonder though. It's sort of the yin for the yang you know?

Anyway, I think one thing we can all agree on is that PJ is a big time release for all of our shit. Those guys give me so much fuckin hope when I'm down. And sometimes I think Ed is writing about my life.

So here's to all you jammers who suffer the depths - we have fucking FINE taste in music don't we???? :)

If anyone here ever wants to talk about their stuff - pm me. I'm always up for a good talk with a fellow jammer - especially if I can help.
    love ya all~
    weenie
    awwww ;)...good on ya weenie!!! Will keep that in mind :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed