Options

Why the fuck won't my boss leave me alone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I shouldn't take it too personally Mark, seems 'modern management' works this way. They say it's trying to 'help you back to work', but really we know it's trying to pressure you back, which is wrong.
    You know at our place in the last year I have seen people come back to work, albeit on light duties, with broken limbs. I mean, what use a postman with a broken arm? But the fuckers got him back there.

There's just too much pressurising and mind games and politics... I'm done with it.

Me + the rat race = 0

:)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    spunk in her tea
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    what she is doing could WELL be construed as harrassment... especially in todays litigious climate... so ya may wanna throw that word in at some stage :) . Next time she calls and asks how you are, reply 'you do realise I'm off on work related stress, my doctor recommended a break, how does speaking to YOU ten times a day constitute a break from work? When I am ready to come back, you'll be the first to know but in the meantime, fuck off' :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    OK the latest in the saga.

I just got off the phone from an employment advisor from the disability organisation I'm registered to. Apparently I'm being very immature and unprofessional about this, I shouldn't be off sick and I'm doing all this wrong. She just spoke to my boss and reckons that she was actually very nice and accomodating to her ideas for my re-introduction back to work. I just told her 'Well you've been duped as well then haven't you, I told you she'd charm the pants off you.'

Is there ANY fucking humanity left in this world? Or is everyone conspiring to fuck me up and not help me?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    OK the latest in the saga.

I just got off the phone from an employment advisor from the disability organisation I'm registered to. Apparently I'm being very immature and unprofessional about this, I shouldn't be off sick and I'm doing all this wrong. She just spoke to my boss and reckons that she was actually very nice and accomodating to her ideas for my re-introduction back to work. I just told her 'Well you've been duped as well then haven't you, I told you she'd charm the pants off you.'

Is there ANY fucking humanity left in this world? Or is everyone conspiring to fuck me up and not help me?

One of my friends is going through the same kind of thing and the company tried everything to get her back. Not just for their sake but for everyones. (The governments, the company and herself). Of course they're going to try and get you back and working as soon as possible. At least you're needed there. It shows they value you.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Yeah, it's been that bad. But apology accepted. :)

apology accepted? is this 1913? ;):o

no job is worth slitting your wrists though dudesical.

personally i'd stick it out and just be a complete ignorant mouthy bastard to her... be like Hellsy for the day.. then she'll be scared of you :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    One of my friends is going through the same kind of thing and the company tried everything to get her back. Not just for their sake but for everyones. (The governments, the company and herself). Of course they're going to try and get you back and working as soon as possible. At least you're needed there. It shows they value you.

No, this company doesn't value me any more than the corporate machine values anyone.

• Options
    No, this company doesn't value me any more than the corporate machine values anyone.

Clearly they do or they'd just drop you. And that's work I'm afraid. You go to work to do a job. I'll bet the people there love but if you really feel they couldn't care less, it's probably best to just keep your head down and then enjoy your time with your many friends when you get home. :)
  • Options
    Clearly they do or they'd just drop you. And that's work I'm afraid. You go to work to do a job. I'll bet the people there love but if you really feel they couldn't care less, it's probably best to just keep your head down and then enjoy your time with your many friends when you get home. :)

They didn't drop me or fire me because they were afraid if they did I'd file a lawsuit against them. Disabled people get kept on for the worst reasons because people are scared of discrimination charges.

• Options
    They didn't drop me or fire me because they were afraid if they did I'd file a lawsuit against them. Disabled people get kept on for the worst reasons because people are scared of discrimination charges.

Personally, I think that could apply to anyone but you'd know better than me. :) I think you're being far too cynical bud. :)
  • Options
    Personally, I think that could apply to anyone but you'd know better than me. :) I think you're being far too cynical bud. :)

and you're entitled to your opinion.

• Options
    and you're entitled to your opinion.

...but I can shove it up my ass? :p
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    we'd never be happy though :o . I mean you say that's a bad reason... but would you rather be fired? Or kept mainly cos they're afraid of a lawsuit? I wouldn't worry about the reasons they're keeping ya... means you can get away with more :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you