Options

Why the fuck won't my boss leave me alone?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
She's like a stalker. I've been signed off my work for 2 weeks due to work-related stress and depression. It's been months and months of not feeling right because of work, yet working through it anyway. I've finally cracked and got time off. But she's repeatedly called and left messages since I went away to 'see how I am'.. yeah right. What a torturous lady, seriously.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    that sucks that you still have to deal with this psycho !!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    that sucks that you still have to deal with this psycho !!!

Not for much longer. I'm resigning on Monday... and spending the rest of the months' notice signed off.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Not for much longer. I'm resigning on Monday... and spending the rest of the months' notice signed off.

good for you.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    She's scared in case you report her.
  • Options
    bobbyd3bobbyd3 Posts: 89
    Shes calling because she thinks your making the shi* up to get out of work, and that your just out having fun going to parties.

Same with people who get physically injured and get workers comp.

Alot of people fake their injuries mental and physical so it makes it harder on people who really have problems
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cos you smell like a pavlova.

good luck skiving amigo... you should become a student!! most of them can afford to go to see PJ in america :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    good luck skiving amigo...

Yeah, thanks for the support.

• Options
    Yeah, thanks for the support.

i didnt offer any.

you're leaving a job because one woman has been a bitch to you... speak to her on a one-to-one basis and tell her that she is being a bitch, tell her to get off your back and that if your work isnt good enough then either train me or sack me... if she chooses the latter then say "see you in court".

but dont let some authoritarian bitchtooth get the better of you.. grow a pair and tell her to back the fuck off or tell her you'll make a complaint about her.

either way you're letting her bully you into quitting a job and that's a shame.. on both your parts.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i didnt offer any.

you're leaving a job because one woman has been a bitch to you... speak to her on a one-to-one basis and tell her that she is being a bitch, tell her to get off your back and that if your work isnt good enough then either train me or sack me... if she chooses the latter then say "see you in court".

but dont let some authoritarian bitchtooth get the better of you.. grow a pair and tell her to back the fuck off or tell her you'll make a complaint about her.

either way you're letting her bully you into quitting a job and that's a shame.. on both your parts.

I'm quitting a job because I can't spend another moment in a room with her. How's it going to benefit me if I keep the job? Quitting this job will be the happiest day of my life... it's a crock of shit, and so is my organisation. This is how I feel about it. :)

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I was waiting for this thread to get more awkward/explode into a fight and then sulking match between you and Dunk but I am glad it didn't. Good work Mark :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Sounds like she wants a piece of Jim and the twins to me!
  • Options
    How's it going to benefit me if I keep the job?

benefit?

you get paid
    you contribute something that helps others
    you get out and about meeting people
    you earn the money to feed your cd habit!
    you realise life and work isnt all sweetness and light and that some people are just plain shite!

benefits in leaving
    boss will be gone
    long-lie ins
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    benefit?benefits in leaving
    boss will be gone
    long-lie ins

You forgot number 3)

Not feeling like I wish to slit my wrists and be gone every day.

• Options
    You forgot number 3)

Not feeling like I wish to slit my wrists and be gone every day.

ok sorry mark, i didnt realise it was that bad..

:(
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ok sorry mark, i didnt realise it was that bad..

:(

Yeah, it's been that bad. But apology accepted. :)

• Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Yeah, it's been that bad. But apology accepted. :)
    F**k your boss, sounds like a real bi**h, i wish nothing but the best for you, i think you'll get though it :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Fuck your boss, sounds like a real bitch, i wish nothing but the best for you, i think you'll get though it :)
    Edited because every time an american needlessly censors themself because of governmental indoctrination, God kills an angel.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Edited because every time an american needlessly censors themself because of governmental indoctrination, God kills an angel.
    Muahahahahaha!!! :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Canadian
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:

HAhahahahaha :D

• Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Canadian
    ha shit. sorry. It's even there in your location... :p

but still, the sentiment stands. apart from the government bit.
  • Options
    Muahahahahaha!!! :D
    There's my funny quota used up for the day.

*sigh*
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    There's my funny quota used up for the day.

*sigh*

That's cool dude. When urbanhippie laughs at one of your jokes you know you've made it. You may as well roll over and die happy now. :D

• Options
    That's cool dude. When urbanhippie laughs at one of your jokes you know you've made it. You may as well roll over and die happy now. :D
    I dunno man... I haven't quite finished my checklist of things to achieve before I die happy.

Achieve the state of Bodhi, in accordance with tibetan buddhism [ ]
    Change one person's life for the better with a musical composition of mine [ ]
    Write, shoot and direct my own independent film with a soundtrack by me [ ]
    Perform at least one stand-up comedy show [ ]
    See Pearl Jam live [ ]
    Write a novel that, however commercially successful or unsuccessful it may be, causes one person to have an affinity with it in some way [ ]
    Make Sarah laugh [x]

As you can see, my life is 14.3% complete :)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I dunno man... I haven't quite finished my checklist of things to achieve before I die happy.

Achieve the state of Bodhi, in accordance with tibetan buddhism [ ]
    Change one person's life for the better with a musical composition of mine [ ]
    Write, shoot and direct my own independent film with a soundtrack by me [ ]
    Perform at least one stand-up comedy show [ ]
    See Pearl Jam live [ ]
    Write a novel that, however commercially successful or unsuccessful it may be, causes one person to have an affinity with it in some way [ ]
    Make Sarah laugh [x]

As you can see, my life is 14.3% complete :)

You can borrow my novel if you like. Sarah liked it. We can scrub her memory of it and then you can hand it to her. What do you think?

• Options
    You can borrow my novel if you like. Sarah liked it. We can scrub her memory of it and then you can hand it to her. What do you think?
    That's not reeeeally what I had in mind... sort of defeats the point n shit. but like, thanks anyway :)

let's talk more about this ability to wipe people's memories! shall we use it for good or for evil?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Mark. your boss fucking sucks.

That's thread integrity baby.
  • Options
    She's like a stalker. I've been signed off my work for 2 weeks due to work-related stress and depression. It's been months and months of not feeling right because of work, yet working through it anyway. I've finally cracked and got time off. But she's repeatedly called and left messages since I went away to 'see how I am'.. yeah right. What a torturous lady, seriously.

Have you declared why you are off?
    If she doesn't know it is because of shit like that...well...then maybe she is genuinely concerned.
    I would bring it up with the doctor.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Have you declared why you are off?
    If she doesn't know it is because of shit like that...well...then maybe she is genuinely concerned.
    I would bring it up with the doctor.

Yeah, she knows all about it.. I've even called meetings about it, but I wasn't listened to while it was going on.. She knows, she just likes to brush things under the carpet. And she's continuing to do so. :)

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Yeah, she knows all about it.. I've even called meetings about it, but I wasn't listened to while it was going on.. She knows, she just likes to brush things under the carpet. And she's continuing to do so. :)

I shouldn't take it too personally Mark, seems 'modern management' works this way. They say it's trying to 'help you back to work', but really we know it's trying to pressure you back, which is wrong.
    You know at our place in the last year I have seen people come back to work, albeit on light duties, with broken limbs. I mean, what use a postman with a broken arm? But the fuckers got him back there.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....