Options

The Official 'I'm buying too many CDs!' thread.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Oh you reminded me... the avocado artwork smells so bad :( ugh.

Yeah it smells kind of like 'We-made-a-commercial-rock-album-and-signed-to-J-Records,-we've-sold-out' doesn't it... sort of sweet with a hint of cinammon and clove. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Yeah it smells kind of like 'We-made-a-commercial-rock-album-and-signed-to-J-Records,-we've-sold-out' doesn't it... sort of sweet with a hint of cinammon and clove. :D
    Isn't J Records an independant label? and therefore more of a urine and sweat scent and the opposite of selling out?
    :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Isn't J Records an independant label? and therefore more of a urine and sweat scent and the opposite of selling out?
    :D

I think PJ are label mates with some pretty poppy stuff mate.

Here you go.

http://www.jrecords.com/
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I think PJ are label mates with some pretty poppy stuff mate. Brb.
    aye they are. That Mariah Carey type bird from X Factor for one. Worst of all though, Rod Stewart.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    aye they are. That Mariah Carey type bird from X Factor for one. Worst of all though, Rod Stewart.

I wish you hadn't made me go to that site, really. To steal an oft-used Pit phrase, 'I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.'

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i dont care who they share a label with. and i love the avocado album.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    1) Buy.

2) Burn to iTunes.

3. Sync iPod.

4) Admire downloaded artwork.

5) Listen to death.

Repeat X 60.

Wooooooo ;)

:D:D:D

so damn easy.
    you don't even havta put your drawls on. ;)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Didnt know people still bought these besides me. I think the only two I bought this year were MGMT and a Redwalls CD. I did buy a Explosions In The Sky vinyl record though too.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    i dont care who they share a label with. and i love the avocado album.

Neither do I care, I'm just having a joke. If I cared I wouldn't be here. :)

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    when I was a kid my dad told me never to feel guilty about spending money on books and CDs.

My dad, who's now 81, says, "Feel guilty about spending money on everything, except drink." The man is a visionary. :D
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I still buy actual CDs and I'm addicted. It seems like everytime I need a break at work I gonto half.com and buy a couple of CDs. I have a little package when I get home at least 3 or 4 times a week. I think I have a problem.
    This doesnt even count the money on concerts.