Options

The Official 'I'm buying too many CDs!' thread.

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I've bought like half of my iPod collection since January, and a couple more today. It isn't good. Someone stop me!
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I've bought like half of my iPod collection since January, and a couple more today. It isn't good. Someone stop me!
    Stop!!! ;):p:D

I've bought hardly any :(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Better then spending your money on crack..... :D
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    as soon as someone stops me from buying concert tickets. it's not just pj. i'm out of control in the past few weeks! :eek:
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    no no no. music is good. now if it were hookers and blow that you were spending you money on ............
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    lol @ buying cds
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    nfanel wrote:
    as soon as someone stops me from buying concert tickets. it's not just pj. i'm out of control in the past few weeks! :eek:

eek!
    me too!
    pj...the police....contemplating death cab and/or REM. gonna be a GREAT summer tho! :D

btw - buying too many CDs, too many concert tix, etc....these are good problems to have. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    who buys cd's anymore? hahahahahaha. :D

kidding of course :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Stop!!! ;):p:D

I've bought hardly any :(

As soon as my life gets simpler (as soon as I've left my job) I'm gonna send you a load of cds. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    btw - buying too many CDs, too many concert tix, etc....these are good problems to have. :)

when I was a kid my dad told me never to feel guilty about spending money on books and CDs.
  • Options
    ..I'm gonna send you a load. :)
    :D i'm sorry but that sounds soooo wrong! :D:p:o

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    : D i'm sorry but that sounds soooo wrong! :D:p : o
    :rolleyes:

Jealous???? ;):p
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

Jealous???? ;):p
    uhhhhh. YEAH! :p

• Options
    :D i'm sorry but that sounds soooo wrong! :D:p:o

You've got a bit of a thing for homoerotic puns then? :p

• Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    eek!

Finally I no longer feel alone and like a leper with this god-awful (and God-awful expensove) disease! In the last month I've seen The Black Crowes, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Gavin DeGraw, Beth Hart, Carbon/Silicon and music festival and when I bought The Black Crowes latest CD I sat around smelling it.

I think a support group is needed.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    Finally I no longer feel alone and like a leper with this god-awful (and God-awful expensove) disease! In the last month I've seen The Black Crowes, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Gavin DeGraw, Beth Hart, Carbon/Silicon and music festival and when I bought The Black Crowes latest CD I sat around smelling it.

I'm in!

• Options
    dharma69 wrote:

OK...now tht is just bizarre. :p
    it's ok, you don't have to run and hide away
    we love you anyway
    ;)

well i really don't go to that many concerts a year, unless pj is touring...but when i do go, i seem to go to a bunch all at once. this summer does seem to have a LOT of cool acts for shows.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I'm hearing that.I have bought 8 albums this past month.I get palpitations of excitement at the thought of getting them home to have those first few listens.
    I really struggle to justify the use of hard earned money on clothes etc but will think nothing of the joy of spending £100 on cd's or books.
    The most decandent I ever was I had saved a "music fund" all year about 5 years ago.Just putting away shrapnel in a jar.I had £350 by Christmas.After I had everyone else's gifts I spent a day to myself cd and book shopping with the £350.I was the most joyous experience to need a basket to go around the music store.:D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    OK...now tht is just bizarre. :p
    it's ok, you don't have to run and hide away
    we love you anyway
    ;)

well i really don't go to that many concerts a year, unless pj is touring...but when i do go, i seem to go to a bunch all at once. this summer does seem to have a LOT of cool acts for shows.
    I feel so safe here...*sniff*...thank you.

Okay, the smelling thing is questionable....but seriously, The Black Crowes "Warpaint" CD has amazing artwork and the the paper smells soooooo good...like weathered paper in an old book. Bet they did that shit on purpose to suck people like me in.

Yeah, I just smelled it again :o. I'm going to hell.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    I feel so safe here...*sniff*...thank you.

Okay, the smelling thing is questionable....but seriously, The Black Crowes "Warpaint" CD has amazing artwork and the the paper smells soooooo good...like weathered paper in an old book. Bet they did that shit on purpose to suck people like me in.

Yeah, I just smelled it again :o. I'm going to hell.

if smelling paper is cause for damnation, well then fuck...i am doomed for far worse! :eek: :p

how is the MUSIC in this new black crowes CD? worth buying? i am a big fan of them live. :)

btw - for whomever making 'jokes' about buying CDs....well i still like to buy *actual* CDs too! granted i don't buy as many as i used to, but that's mostly my husband's influence and procurement of music in different ways.....:o
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    if smelling paper is cause for damnation, well then fuck...i am doomed for far worse! :eek: :p

how is the MUSIC in this new black crowes CD? worth buying? i am a big fan of them live. :)

btw - for whomever making 'jokes' about buying CDs....well i still like to buy *actual* CDs too! granted i don't buy as many as i used to, but that's mostly my husband's influence and procurement of music in different ways.....:o

I was asked by my taxi driver today 'Why do you still buy the cds? Why don't you just download them from itunes or the net?'

Some people....

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    nfanel wrote:

isn't that the truth....3 ed shows (no pj - can't afford to go east), foo fighters, the police, just bought rem, i'm trying for tom petty and his original band mudcrutch, dmb.....a lot of live music the next few months....:)

as for cd's, not much out there i'm interested in....:o
  • Options

The album is.....well, here's what I think of the album and their live performance of it. And of course it's worth buying; I couldn't sit around smelling it if I didn't buy it :).

The "One Night Only" shows were a great idea.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    mole1985 wrote:
    Better then spending your money on crack..... :D
    of course. crack is filth. Pure bolivian nose powder is the way forward.

STOP BUYING MARK.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    dharma69 wrote:

I love the smell of a brand new CD...too bad I haven't bought one since Avocado. :p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i know what you mean.
    after i got my ipod i became i cd/album buying hog.
    itunes makes it so easy!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    i know what you mean.
    after i got my ipod i became i cd/album buying hog.
    itunes makes it so easy!

1) Buy.

2) Burn to iTunes.

3. Sync iPod.

4) Admire downloaded artwork.

5) Listen to death.

Repeat X 60.

Wooooooo ;)

• Options
    1) Buy.

2) Burn to iTunes.

3. Sync iPod.

4) Admire downloaded artwork.

5) Listen to death.

Repeat X 60.

Wooooooo ;)
    That's beautiful...

...except for the fact that I can't smell the downloaded artwork :p.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    That's beautiful...

...except for the fact that I can't smell the downloaded artwork :p.

Shh.. don't tell anyone.. Downloaded Avocado still smells like avocado. Not a lot of people know that. ;)

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Shh.. don't tell anyone.. Downloaded Avocado still smells like avocado. Not a lot of people know that. ;)
    Oh you reminded me... the avocado artwork smells so bad :( ugh.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    when I was a kid my dad told me never to feel guilty about spending money on books and CDs.

your dad is a smart man. ; )
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel