Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• jamie uk wrote:
    ..I see west London mate, I don't suppose you're going to Neil Young in March are you? Hammersmith is west isn't it? You could buy me a pint if you were.

It's pretty close mate but I didn't know about Neil Young.. I'm pretty money-less at the mo.. You could always stop by mine during the day, go to my local..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    cheers to you jk nice wine i might add you can't go wrong with french red ,no football till sunday coming up but the teams i root for suck enjoy the rest of your evening i'm off work now see you later ....

You're going to work late Jose. Well, enjoy it if you can, I go back tomorrow so better not be late tonight. Peace to you.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Someone get out the whiskey. I'm in the mood to drink and knock someone out. And I have a good idea in my mind.

But I just remembered I hate whiskey. :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    It's pretty close mate but I didn't know about Neil Young.. I'm pretty money-less at the mo.. You could always stop by mine during the day, go to my local..

I'm pretty much planning to have the Friday in London aswell, just haven't told the bread knife yet..! There's a few gigs going on that night, SLF, Hanoi Rocks, The Zombies, or maybe just getting bladdered in London! Can't wait for Neil, he's added some more the weekend after, don't know if they've sold out yet. The tix were spicey mind, £77 each..ouch!
  • jamie uk wrote:
    I'm pretty much planning to have the Friday in London aswell, just haven't told the bread knife yet..! There's a few gigs going on that night, SLF, Hanoi Rocks, The Zombies, or maybe just getting bladdered in London! Can't wait for Neil, he's added some more the weekend after, don't know if they've sold out yet. The tix were spicey mind, £77 each..ouch!

LOL yeah I'm not going to be spending that kinda money in the next couple of months!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

LOL yeah I'm not going to be spending that kinda money in the next couple of months!
    Well, seeing Neil Young has been pretty much an obsession of mine, and I thought I'd never get the chance..so, I had to cough it up, got nice tickets though...really pleased...and an aisle seat, to put my old legs out a bit...lol. I'll be singing.."old man take a look at my knees, they're a lot like yours.."
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Well, seeing Neil Young has been pretty much an obsession of mine, and I thought I'd never get the chance..so, I had to cough it up, got nice tickets though...really pleased...and an aisle seat, to put my old legs out a bit...lol. I'll be singing.."old man take a look at my knees, they're a lot like yours.."

:D

I still need to digest a lot of Neil Young, but I'm trying.

:D

I still need to digest a lot of Neil Young, but I'm trying.

Oh, so my pun was wasted on you..? hahaha.
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Oh, so my pun was wasted on you..? hahaha.

I'm just listening to the Greatest Hits and it's blowing me away so far.. which is weird because I've heard Young Neil before, but it didn't then. I guess I'm just in the place for it. 'Only Love can Break Your Heart.'

I'm just listening to the Greatest Hits and it's blowing me away so far.. which is weird because I've heard Young Neil before, but it didn't then. I guess I'm just in the place for it. 'Only Love can Break Your Heart.'
    It's music to tear your heart out to for sure, he's solid gold. I don't know all his stuff, but then there's so much of it. The track you mentioned is from After the gold rush I think, it's one of his best, I love a song called Birds on there...and there's another for you...Don't let it bring you down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNN-NSHZ6w
  • jamie uk wrote:
    It's music to tear your heart out to for sure, he's solid gold. I don't know all his stuff, but then there's so much of it. The track you mentioned is from After the gold rush I think, it's one of his best, I love a song called Birds on there...and there's another for you...Don't let it bring you down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNN-NSHZ6w

Wow... just watching it now.. it's great, you can really hear what influenced PJ in it as well.

• urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Is half a bottle of Cointreau too much?

Not that I care anymore....:D
    About anything :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Is half a bottle of Cointreau too much?

Not that I care anymore....:D
    About anything :)
    Christ...I thought you'd passed out!! Welcome back..
    jamie uk wrote:
    Christ...I thought you'd passed out!! Welcome back..
    Give me 5 mins...:D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    Wow... just watching it now.. it's great, you can really hear what influenced PJ in it as well.

Aaah, that's what you needed, something to immerse yourself into. And what better than a 40 year back catalogue of Neil Young.....?
  • Give me 5 mins...:D

Argh Someone give me more drink!

*passes Mark a glass*

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    audiodave wrote:
    Someone get out the whiskey. I'm in the mood to drink and knock someone out. And I have a good idea in my mind.

But I just remembered I hate whiskey. :D
    I didn't have you down as the violent drinker type Dave..am I wrong?
    Whiskey is just awful though, I hate it, it's like cleaning detergent.
  • *passes Mark a glass*

Thanks... now put something strong in it! :D

Man I'm not sure Neil Young is such good 'cheer up mate' music.

:o
    I drank all the Cointreau
    Vodka??

And I don't need to cheer up.....:)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09

Well, I take positive energy out of good music. I mean if someone put say..oops upside your head on the radio, it is usually considered 'feel good' music, but to me it is irritating, nauseating in the extreme. Now, Neil Young, or here's a belter..Damien Rice, some would call depressing, but to me it's just so wonderfully written and executed that it fills me with positive vibes, I find nothing is better...listen, relate, understand, suck it in, become strong with it.
    :o
    Vodka??

Good god....you're a bloody animal, you're gonna see us all off.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well, I take positive energy out of good music. I mean if someone put say..oops upside your head on the radio, it is usually considered 'feel good' music, but to me it is irritating, nauseating in the extreme. Now, Neil Young, or here's a belter..Damien Rice, some would call depressing, but to me it's just so wonderfully written and executed that it fills me with positive vibes, I find nothing is better...listen, relate, understand, suck it in, become strong with it.
    I was listening to Damien Rice earlier.
    I like it...I think:o
    I'll listen to it sober, and let you know...:)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • jamie uk wrote:

Normally, I would TOTALLY agree with you. I loved Damien Rice as well, but seriously, rarely do I hear anything as emotional as this Neil Young shit. Do I need a slap in the face? Yeah, I think I do.. *waits*

Edit: I mean COME ON... Falling off the face of the earth? Took the words right out of my mouth...

• :o
    Vodka??

Vodka, yeah... fill 'er up!!

Vodka, yeah... fill 'er up!!
    *Cheers*

I'll drink you all under the table....:)

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • *Cheers*

|
    |
    | |
    | :) |
    | |

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    jamie uk wrote:
    I didn't have you down as the violent drinker type Dave..am I wrong?
    Whiskey is just awful though, I hate it, it's like cleaning detergent.
    No, you're correct. I've never been in a fight and I hate being drunk. Someone just wound me up. I have a lot of anger, but even more self control, so I don't act on it.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • *Cheers*

I tried to draw a guy under a table and it looked great in my message box... crap!

Normally, I would TOTALLY agree with you. I loved Damien Rice as well, but seriously, rarely do I hear anything as emotional as this Neil Young shit. Do I need a slap in the face? Yeah, I think I do.. *waits*

Edit: I mean COME ON... Falling off the face of the earth? Took the words right out of my mouth...

You're having a tough time mate, it's not easy, but you got us lot of losers don't forget. And let me tell you a secret......it's something you'll never really understand...women I mean..just accept how great they are, and how much we need them, and also that they do our heads in. Once you accept it, you can move on.