Options

'True Story.'

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
This is my new favourite phrase. Put randomly into an utterance, it's a powerful comedic tool, imo.

True story.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Wow...you really are loopy tonight, huh?!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Reminds me of Cory

True story
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Why d'you say that?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Why d'you say that?

cuz i thought he says that a lot.

Edit : and it rhymed!!
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

Sorry I was asking that to AmentsChick... she said I was loopy. I'm not loopy, I'm right as rain.

Yeah good rhyme dude.

You could go on Jackanory.

True story.

• Options
    Sorry I was asking that to AmentsChick... she said I was loopy. I'm not loopy, I'm right as rain.

Because you said it was 3am and you were losing it (or something to that affect).

• Options
    Because you said it was 3am and you were losing it (or something to that affect).

That is also true.. I am a walking contradition. OK, not a walking one.. :o

• Options
    That is also true.. I am a walking contradition. OK, not a walking one.. :o

Sorry, am I a horrible person if that made me laugh?! :( (Please say no!!)

• Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Lizard wrote:

"also rhymes with Story, Tori... Allegory..... Hi you've reached the Cory Hotline!"
  • Options
    Sorry, am I a horrible person if that made me laugh?! :( (Please say no!!)

Laugh away! I don't make so many jokes about my disability so that people feel guilty about laughing.. What am I a masorchist? :D (How do you spell that anyway, is that right?) Massarchist? Masocist? Massage therapist?

• Options
    Laugh away! I don't make so many jokes about my disability so that people feel guilty about laughing.. What am I a masorchist? :D (How do you spell that anyway, is that right?) Massarchist? Masocist? Massage therapist?

I do feel guilty. Awful, actually. :(

• Options
    I do feel guilty. Awful, actually. :(

:( Oh, there there! Come and give a crip a hug!? :D

(How many more til you're convinced I don't mind?) ;)

• Options
    :( Oh, there there! Come and give a crip a hug!? :D

(How many more til you're convinced I don't mind?) ;)

A few more.

• Options
    i'll give you a hug HLF.

don't worry

i am a woman!!!! ;)
  • Options
    A few more.

Why does it make you feel guilty? I know your guilt comes from a good place... you don't want to offend... but I also think it comes from a subconscious feeling of pity (a little bit)... just a life observation. :o

Edit: True story.

• Options
    Why does it make you feel guilty? I know your guilt comes from a good place... you don't want to offend... but I also think it comes from a subconscious feeling of pity (a little bit)... just a life observation. :o

Long story short...my aunt went off on everyone at a family reunion one year for not treating her daughter (from a previous marriage) like everyone else. I thought I had been doing a good job including her in conversations and activities and apparently I didn't. She has MS (I think) and can't speak or control movement. I felt awful and still do to this day.

• Options
    Long story short...my aunt went off on everyone at a family reunion one year for not treating her daughter (from a previous marriage) like everyone else. I thought I had been doing a good job including her in conversations and activities and apparently I didn't. She has MS (I think) and can't speak or control movement. I felt awful and still do to this day.

At the risk of changing the subject of this thread (LOL!), everyone's different.. But being treated exactly the same as everyone else is exactly what I want; sometimes disability sucks monkey bollocks, but what better way is there to live through it, than to laugh? And I like to invite others to laugh with me.... Not everyone will see it my way, but I hope you do. It's my general observation (and I have to be careful, I know, I am generalising) that America (and the western world, really) is FAR too sensitive and sentimental about the whole issue :)

Chris Rock and others laugh about their experiences of being black - Others laugh with them. What's the difference?

• Options
    You do seem to be turning into cory! :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    'true story' is Cory's thing i believe... he might be mad at you :o

p.s. p.s. is mine ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    'true story' is Cory's thing i believe... he might be mad at you :o

p.s. p.s. is mine ;)

Well then I have to give props to Cory then don't I, so as not to plagiarise....

Thanks Cory. And don't worry... I don't use it in my daily life because verbally, I haven't got the comedic talents to deliver it right. You'll have to tell me how it's supposed to sound if we ever meet..

True st... ahhh fuck it.

• Options
    Well then I have to give props to Cory then don't I, so as not to plagiarise....

Thanks Cory. And don't worry... I don't use it in my daily life because verbally, I haven't got the comedic talents to deliver it right. You'll have to tell me how it's supposed to sound if we ever meet..

You know being invisible doesn't work if you still keep posting. ;)
  • Options
    You know being invisible doesn't work if you still keep posting. ;)

I'm invisible?? I didn't even know... I am WEENING myself off til Monday!

And I seem to be spelling WEANING differently every time I write it.... so either I change the word (which I don't want to do because it serves my communicative purpose perfectly), or someone needs to tell me how it's supposed to be fuckin spelt...

• Options
    Seriously, you are turning into cory. First the goodbye post, then 'true story' and now you're invisible! :eek:
  • Options
    I'm invisible?? I didn't even know... I am WEENING myself off til Monday!

And I seem to be spelling WEANING differently every time I write it.... so either I change the word (which I don't want to do because it serves my communicative purpose perfectly), or some needs to tell how it's supposed to fuckin spelt...

Don't ask me. I can't spell exstaticely! Or airhed!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Don't ask me. I can't spell exstaticely! Or airhed!
    Oh the irony of spelling it airhed... :D

I'm kidding! :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Seriously, you are turning into cory. First the goodbye post, then 'true story' and now you're invisible! :eek:

Yes well me and Cory are both genies in a lamp..

True yarn.

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    True yarn.

indubitable anecdote
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    indubitable anecdote

Accurate narrative.

• Options
    Yes well me and Cory are both genies in a lamp..

True yarn.

Bah! The mystery's gone now... :mad: :D
  • Options
    Bah! The mystery's gone now... :mad: :D

Oh crap.... OK so I was lying; now you have to guess what I actually am...