Options

So get this bullshit...

2»

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    You should go alone. I have several times. If you are worried about driving the whole way yourself, why not take Amtrak or Greyhound? The expense probably won't be too different considering the price of gas.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    After finding a fine 10C member to sell me a set of tickets for me and my buddy to Hartford, and not to mention me getting pumped. Well today I wake up with a text from my friend who said he wasn't going because he was at his moms hair cutting shop and one of her customers is a "psychic" and she told him that he was making a decently long trip to see a concert at the end of the month and not to go to it because something bad will happen. So now he won't go because he's afraid we will die in a car wreck or something.

So now I'm waiting on my other friend to see if he can get work off for the show, which I am hoping he can because I really don't want to make a seven hour drive alone. Seriously will I EVER see my first PJ concert?

yo! that's some bad sitcom type shit! you need to go up-side your friends head,tell him to stop acting like a bitch and pay that dime store Jean Dixon no mind!!

do not deny yourself of this concert.life is too short!
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    After finding a fine 10C member to sell me a set of tickets for me and my buddy to Hartford, and not to mention me getting pumped. Well today I wake up with a text from my friend who said he wasn't going because he was at his moms hair cutting shop and one of her customers is a "psychic" and she told him that he was making a decently long trip to see a concert at the end of the month and not to go to it because something bad will happen. So now he won't go because he's afraid we will die in a car wreck or something.

So now I'm waiting on my other friend to see if he can get work off for the show, which I am hoping he can because I really don't want to make a seven hour drive alone. Seriously will I EVER see my first PJ concert?

Drive alone, what´s the problem? Please, dont give up. Ai, if i would go...
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Is it Lupis????
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    You will find a new friend for the show in the basement of the Alamo.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Jason P wrote:
    You will find a new friend for the show in the basement of the Alamo.

There's no basement in the alamo.

Now, go get your bike and trick chewing gum and get the hell out of here.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    that the bad thing happening to your friend, is he is NOT seeing Pearl Jam in Hartford!
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    If it makes you feel any better, my boyfriend bailed on me for this show too. I thought the timing of the show was perfect- his sister is getting married in Vermont the next day, we pass right through Hartford on the drive up, so we could stop at the show on the way. I told him to check with his family to see if this was ok- and he said it was- so I went ahead and bought the tickets. Then, 3 weeks ago, his sister found out about our plans, and got upset that he wasn't going to be at the rehearsal dinner... so he bailed on me.

So, I don't know what I'm doing yet... most likely I will try to sell my extra ticket and drive to Vermont overnight after the show. However, I really don't want to be driving until 4 or 5 AM on roads that I don't know, plus I feel like it's wrong of me to miss the rehearsal dinner.

My advice to you... just go. The show will be awesome. If for some reason we both end up at the show with no one taking our extra tickets, feel free to come hang out at my extra seat.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    if all else fails, were all one big family. im sure youll have a blast and meet some peeps.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better, my boyfriend bailed on me for this show too. I thought the timing of the show was perfect- his sister is getting married in Vermont the next day, we pass right through Hartford on the drive up, so we could stop at the show on the way. I told him to check with his family to see if this was ok- and he said it was- so I went ahead and bought the tickets. Then, 3 weeks ago, his sister found out about our plans, and got upset that he wasn't going to be at the rehearsal dinner... so he bailed on me.

So, I don't know what I'm doing yet... most likely I will try to sell my extra ticket and drive to Vermont overnight after the show. However, I really don't want to be driving until 4 or 5 AM on roads that I don't know, plus I feel like it's wrong of me to miss the rehearsal dinner.

My advice to you... just go. The show will be awesome. If for some reason we both end up at the show with no one taking our extra tickets, feel free to come hang out at my extra seat.
    um yah sorry... but id be pissed if my siblings werent at my rehearsal dinner... i know thats not part of the actual ceremony or anything but theyve gotta know whats going on and that whole week kindof belongs to the bride and groom... as much as i love PJ... sorry for ya though, hopefully it all works out
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389

Listen JUST GO no matter if you have to go by yourself, JUST GO. I had bought tickets to WPB and Tampa and the had the whole trip squared away. First my husband cant go because work/training, so im gonna take his brother who lives in Tampa, then he cant go because of work. So I say screw it and go by myself. I wouldnt have missed it for the world. You wont be alone once you get there. I met up with some dear friends who were going to be there and made new ones as well. I drove 7 hrs to Tampa one way, drove 4 hrs to WPB for the show and drove 4 hrs back to tampa after the show and didnt get home til 4am!!, slept all day and went to the Tampa show then drove home 7 hrs by myself on Friday. The driving sucked but it was all worth it.

JUST GO!!! The rest will work itself out.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    I wake up with a text from my friend who said he wasn't going because he was at his moms hair cutting shop and one of her customers is a "psychic" and she told him that he was making a decently long trip to see a concert at the end of the month and not to go to it because something bad will happen. So now he won't go because he's afraid we will die in a car wreck or something.

You would be wise to show your friend the third season episode of Seinfeld entitled "The Suicide" because the exact same thing happened. In it, George has vacation tickets to the Cayman Islands but gives them to Kramer when a "psychic" tells him "something bad will happen" if he goes...not specifying exactly what it was. Kramer goes on the vacation instead and ends up playing nude Backgammon with some of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit models who were shooting a calender in the hotel pool.

But something bad did in fact happen to Kramer. He stepped on a jellyfish while in the ocean. "It kinda stung my foot," he told a depressed George.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I attend most shows solo. Sometimes a buddy or my wife will go, but thats just a few times. I always meet some cool folks sitting around me or outside the venues
    SPAC 8/4/92
    Rochester 4/7/94
    Mansfield 9/15/98
    SPAC 8/27/00
    Albany 4/29/03
    Mansfield 7/3/03
    Mansfield 7/11/03
    Hershey 7/12/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    Columbia 6/16/08
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Definitely go on yer own!! I'm travelling to NY from Ireland on me own and can't wait!! DO IIIT!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Let's look at this from the perspective of your "friend"

One side of the argument: Customer of my mom is a psychic (a well-respected, scientifically valid medium) and predicts bad things will happen.

Other side of argument: My friend has Pearl jam tickets, road trip, guaranteed amazing time.

My decision: Stay home (opt for the most unacceptable, pathetic, inexplicable, shameful, emasculating possible outcome).

Friend's Solution: Cut off own thumbs off with a paper cutter, and then drill a hole in own skull, because only a friggin low-level, thumb-less brain injured primate would turn down a road trip to a Pearl Jam concert with a friend.

Your Next Step: Terminate that friendship immediately, it will only lead to similar bad decisions in the future. Find someone else, or go it alone.
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I just want to know what he's doing. He hasn't been on to update. For some reason I really want to see him get to a show - he's wanted to for so long!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008