Options

So get this bullshit...

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited June 2008 in The Porch
After finding a fine 10C member to sell me a set of tickets for me and my buddy to Hartford, and not to mention me getting pumped. Well today I wake up with a text from my friend who said he wasn't going because he was at his moms hair cutting shop and one of her customers is a "psychic" and she told him that he was making a decently long trip to see a concert at the end of the month and not to go to it because something bad will happen. So now he won't go because he's afraid we will die in a car wreck or something.

So now I'm waiting on my other friend to see if he can get work off for the show, which I am hoping he can because I really don't want to make a seven hour drive alone. Seriously will I EVER see my first PJ concert?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    Friends dont let friends drive... alone.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Sounds like Miss Cleo wants your extra ticket!
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    AicP....didn't a couple of your friends bail out on you on the Roo? Maybe you should reconsider some of these folks. ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    After finding a fine 10C member to sell me a set of tickets for me and my buddy to Hartford, and not to mention me getting pumped. Well today I wake up with a text from my friend who said he wasn't going because he was at his moms hair cutting shop and one of her customers is a "psychic" and she told him that he was making a decently long trip to see a concert at the end of the month and not to go to it because something bad will happen. So now he won't go because he's afraid we will die in a car wreck or something.

So now I'm waiting on my other friend to see if he can get work off for the show, which I am hoping he can because I really don't want to make a seven hour drive alone. Seriously will I EVER see my first PJ concert?

That seriously might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

But I would go alone if it came to it. Just take about three choice boots, and that will kill seven hours ... you'll be glad you did.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Yup, first I was psyched to see them at Roo for my first PJ experience, then nope.

Now I'm psyched to see Hartford and now that he bailed on me I'm doubtful I can even make the show as the friend I asked is on a 5 day vacation from work right now and by the time he gets back to work it'll be hard to ask for the 27th and 28th off.

Like I said...WILL I EVER SEE MY FIRST PJ SHOW?! I also wanted to make Albany 06 but you know, got fucked that year too.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Sounds like Miss Cleo wants your extra ticket!
    i liked this:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    um no offense dude but......your friend is a bit of a tool
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

Wow, sorry. Just do it though, you won't be sorry! You'll meet so many other fans there and see PJ it will be worth it! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I can solve your problem in 2 PJ song titles.

Go Alone.
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    I can solve your problem in 2 PJ song titles.

Go Alone.

brilliant.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    hahha, thats crazy...reminds me of a george costanza move.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    tell your friend he is lame ! and if he dies in a car wreck on the way back from the show, at least he will die with the biggest smile on his face ever!!! :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Since you keep getting screwed on these PJ schedule due to friends then I suggest you STILL go, that way you can get to know other die-hard fans who won't bail on you.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Yea, I'll probably go alone but it won't be a fun trip and then I also have the problem with finding someone who wants the other 10C ticket. Then the drive home at night on a lonesome highway will fucking blow too.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Yea, I'll probably go alone but it won't be a fun trip and then I also have the problem with finding someone who wants the other 10C ticket. Then the drive home at night on a lonesome highway will fucking blow too.

You'll have problem getting rid of that ticket, I guarantee you ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    You sound like you want to go so badly.. why are you letting a drive by yourself stop you. Just play PJ the whole ride and enjoy it.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    hahha, thats crazy...reminds me of a george costanza move.

is elle mcpherson gonna be there?

that reminds me.. i gotta call her back!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Yea I'll prolly go alone and hopefully find someone between now and then to give my extra ticket to for face value. How much are posters at shows, $25?
  • Options
    I was dying to see the Indigo Girls in concert last year, but most of my friends don't like my "chick" music and the two people that would go were busy with other things. I bought my ticket two days before the show, 10th row! I sat next to two girls celebrating an upcoming wedding (tix were a bachelorette gift), who were beyond cool and snuck a ton of booze in their purse, offered half to me :) After the show I bumped into a friend of a friend who had connections and I ended up going back stage to meet the Indigo Girls!!! There may be some ackward social moments, but once the band starts playing, no one will notice you're there alone!!! Enjoy, good luck!
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    go - you dont need someone to hold your hand, and if you do you'll find plenty of fans there that will talk to you. everyone there has a pretty common connection going on y'know
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    you pay for my plane ticket to wherever you live, and I'll make that 7 hour drive with you. hell, I'll even drive it all for you. whaddya say? :D
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454

Why dont you see if any Pearl Jammers on here live near you, and want to make the trip?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

is this the same friend that wanted to bring dozens of glass pipes to sell at roo :rolleyes:

youre only as good as the company you keep (no offense to you of course)

and what happened to roo btw? you were the one planning on going right? i think i recognize your username
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I drive from Santa Barbara to Lake Tahoe once a year and its about a 8 hour drive. Sure its long and sure it sucks. But really its ONLY 3 full Pearl Jam Bootlegs.

Go to the show and make a few bucks selling the other ticket to help pay for the gas.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
    The drive home will not blow. I guarantee you if you took some PJ to listen too, maybe some eats and a puff it would be a great ride home. Ahh the ride home. Go for it, even if alone. PJ will keep you company at the show. Cheer up there my friend.
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Mother: OK, so remember, concert, don't go, yada yada yada ... ok here he comes.

Customer: Oooooh, I'm getting a premonition!

Friend: Wha?

LMAO! And yeah, c'mon, work the karma, I bought a solo to EV and ended up at last minute given rides to a few other last minute folks and meeting tons more insta-friends. Sat alone of course and met the dude who had posted "There's EV tix on TM right now!" Shazam!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    you are right, that is bullshit.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    thats the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Yup, first I was psyched to see them at Roo for my first PJ experience, then nope.

Now I'm psyched to see Hartford and now that he bailed on me I'm doubtful I can even make the show as the friend I asked is on a 5 day vacation from work right now and by the time he gets back to work it'll be hard to ask for the 27th and 28th off.

Like I said...WILL I EVER SEE MY FIRST PJ SHOW?! I also wanted to make Albany 06 but you know, got fucked that year too.

just.......GO!
    sucks about your friend, but yes...if you REALLY want to see live pearl jam, just do it! you won't regret it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434

Dude, just go alone! I've had the best time at concerts alone cause I don't have to worry about:
    1) Losing my friend in the corwd (GA seating)
    2) Them getting crushed in the mosh pit
    3) Them not liking the show (this one bugs me a lot!)

I've gone to 4 shows alone and it's a great time!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1