The straw that broke the camel's back!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
You know when you've had the shittest day ever, and you get in the house at the end of it thinking, 'Well it's got to get better from now on!' and that's when the straw that broke the camel's back happens..

I was wheeling back home in the rain and the cold thinking 'Shall I get a take away?' No I thought, better be a good boy, money's crap at the moment and all.. better be responsible. So I put a pizza in the oven. I'm really, really looking forward to it as well.. so much better than a take away. I open the oven. The fire alarm goes off. It startles the crap out of me. I drop the pizza, face down, on the floor!

So guess who's getting a take away tonight? I might get some beers too. Anyone want one?
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yeah, I'll take a beer, but it isn't 11am yet...
    got pabst?
  • pjtaper wrote:
    yeah, I'll take a beer, but it isn't 11am yet...
    got pabst?

pabst?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pabst? :confused:
  • redrock wrote:

LOL

Is it something like 'Got milk?' but different?

What are you having? Pizza again? Chinese? Indian?

I'll have a beer while I'm waiting for the food to come. You're ordering, right?
  • redrock wrote:
    What are you having? Pizza again? Chinese? Indian?

I'll have a beer while I'm waiting for the food to come. You're ordering, right?

No doubt. Make no mistake.

I'm going to have chinese because I just have to cross the road for it and they take cards, which is rare in these parts.... 'no, just cash! only cash!' :D

Lemon chicken and special fried rice please.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,139
    redrock wrote:

Pabst = Shite Beer ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    Pabst = Shite Beer ;)

News to me :D

• redrock wrote:
    Lemon chicken and special fried rice please.

Lemon chicken... yum.... except I had that the other day so I was thinking crispy shredded beef today

I felt compelled to google it. American beer is usually shite. Cat's piss really.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hmm. I don't really drink beer but I could take a glass of water? :o

ooh, this reminds me - I did remember to bring something to eat to work. :D woo!! now if only I'd have time to eat it, I'm starving.

PS: sorry to hear you've had a shite day. *hugs*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Lemon chicken... yum.... except I had that the other day so I was thinking crispy shredded beef today

I'd love lemon chicken but I'm having merguez in baguette tonight. Friday night is junk night in our household!
  • No doubt. Make no mistake.

I'm going to have chinese because I just have to cross the road for it and they take cards, which is rare in these parts.... 'no, just cash! only cash!' :D

I'll take tofu garlic with spicy sauce and steamed rice.

what type of beer do you have??

:D

hey while we are eating, do you mind if I watch a PJ dvd and just chillax on the floor by your feets?? ;) um, figuratively of course.

btw- that camel is a dirty bastard and i totally hate when his fucking back breaks because it's like such a douche thing for that goddam camel to do! so I say maybe we should stop asking the buggery ass to carry straw :D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the straw that broke the camels back???... fucking sappy camels, did it have brittle bone disease or something?

the anvil that broke the camels back... now thats a fucking proverb ehhhh thingy
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I'll take tofu garlic with spicy sauce and steamed rice.

what type of beer do you have??

hey while we are eating, do you mind if I watch a PJ dvd and just chillax on the floor by your feets?? ;) um, figuratively of course.

Only figuratively? They need to make a 'gravely disappointed' smiley.

I haven't got the beer yet; will make a seperate trip for it.
    btw- that camel is a dirty bastard and i totally hate when his fucking back breaks because it's like such a douche thing for that goddam camel to do! so I say maybe we should stop asking the buggery ass to carry straw :D

HAHA too right.... 'Are you a camel, or a mouse? Get your back into it!'

• dunkman wrote:
    the straw that broke the camels back???... fucking sappy camels, did it have brittle bone disease or something?

the anvil that broke the camels back... now thats a fucking proverb ehhhh thingy

yeah because camels always carry anvils :D

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yeah because camels always carry anvils :D

i've never seen one carry straw... normally just tourists.

the tourist that broke the camels back? genius ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:

the American tourist that broke the camel's back.

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    dunkman wrote:

I looked up fat man on a camel and this is what I found:

http://prezwho.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/elvis.gif

I guess it's not what you meant.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • I must be a bitch because I giggled when you said you dropped the pizza upside down on the floor.

At least you've got Chinese now though! :)
  • It did make me laugh a little :p Sorry :o

Hope your day gets better and enjoy the take away and beer :D:D
  • If straw could break a camels back more people would be riding around on straw.

I think straw has been over rated somehow.

Was straw in the past that much stronger?

all things I will lose sleep over unless I get drunk soon...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • You know when you've had the shittest day ever, and you get in the house at the end of it thinking, 'Well it's got to get better from now on!' and that's when the straw that broke the camel's back happens..
    oh yes. my camel spine has been fractured repeatedly this week. i need to be taken to the back of the camel barn in a hot second!

instead i'm going to a holiday luncheon where there is beer. i'll go to the barn after lol CHEERS!
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    That fucking camels been taking the piss out of me all day....

Gonna dropkick it in a minute...:D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    That sucks, man.

I was wondering while I was reading that if you ever get punctures?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    redrock wrote:
    I felt compelled to google it. American beer is usually shite. Cat's piss really.

PBR, drink a hundred and you're almost drunk :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • the American tourist that broke the camel's back.

:eek:

um that's rich coming from someone who was agonna eat some pizza and decided on take out chinese! ! ! :p;)

beware the camels
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    word!
    only decent one I found to drink in Chicago was Sam Adams, becasue it ain't a lager.
    the American tourist that broke the camel's back.

it's Pearl Harbour anniversary today .. I guess we're playing the Japanese tonight :p

ok, I'm not getting take away as I have a full fridge and a nice peice of rumsteak in the fridge.. but I'm going out to get some wine :)

Harmless (I was going to put your name but have been told of by d2d about doing that :o), next year is your year..just hang on!
  • Collin wrote:
    That sucks, man.

I was wondering while I was reading that if you ever get punctures?

Yeah, I had a doosy last weekend. It's chavs smashing glass bottles everywhere wot does it. Luckily it was fixed before I had to do the trek to my evening course on Wednesday.