Options

I need a fucking bottle opener!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
How does one open bottles without a bottle opener?? HELP!! Seriously, it's important.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ahhh we've exxxperienced this at Party Palace.
    try the edge of a door jamb.......or the side of a manual CAN opener......or a poket knife.......or the edge of the sink!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    You can do it with another bottle, using the other one's top as leverage, i do it all the time. Unless you are talking about a wine bottle, in which case you'll just have to smash the top off and hope for the best lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    I usually leverage it with a lighter, or give if a cuff with my palm on the edge of something

Haven't tried the piece of paper method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR6xv_2qgMs
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    do you have a strong counter? place the cap on the edge of your counter and with the palm of your hand, hit the top of the bottle (cap).......then enjoy :)
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Yeah, as mentioned already - edge of a table, or something along those lines.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Teeth ......just make sure you have the right technique
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    I do it with my teeth sometimes which i know i shouldnt, but its so quick and effective.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    IT'S OK! After shredding my fingers a bit, I finally got the bottles open with a knife....

Let it commence! (I'm off to the relevant thread)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    pliers.

:D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    stu gee wrote:
    You can do it with another bottle, using the other one's top as leverage, i do it all the time. Unless you are talking about a wine bottle, in which case you'll just have to smash the top off and hope for the best lol
    For wine bottles you just push the cork down into the bottle. Take a shoelace and put a couple knots in one end of it. Sink the knotted end of the shoe lace into the bottle. Gently pull up until the knotted shoelace catches under the cork. Then pull like a madman. Voila, the cork is fully removed and in perfect condition for recorking the bottle.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    stu gee wrote:

for wine:-

take a large kitchen knife and force the cork into the bottle... pour away :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    a belt buckle will work too. or the handle on a drawer
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    surferdude wrote:
    For wine bottles you just push the cork down into the bottle. Take a shoelace and put a couple knots in one end of it. Sink the knotted end of the shoe lace into the bottle. Gently pull up until the knotted shoelace catches under the cork. Then pull like a madman. Voila, the cork is fully removed and in perfect condition for recorking the bottle.

whoa how did you ever come up with that one ..lol..:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    and in perfect condition for recorking the bottle.

people do that :eek:

my wife bought these metal/rubber re-corkers one day... as soon as she showed them to me i said " always said you had a right pair of corkers"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:

I'll have to try that, but why recork the bottle? it'll just be empty in about 20 mins anyways...hehe :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    alcoholism. the real mother of invention.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    people do that :eek:

my wife bought these metal/rubber re-corkers one day... as soon as she showed them to me i said " always said you had a right pair of corkers"

How did you woo a looker like her with lines like THAT??

I guess the planets must've been aligned that night. :rolleyes:

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    for wine:-

take a large kitchen knife and force the cork into the bottle... pour away :)

I never really drink wine anyway, well not that kind of wine.

If the monks dont make it i dont drink it.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i was about to say, the determination people have to drink astounds me. pretty damn impressive :D
  • Options

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:

Stop being so holier than thou! :P You're dismissing a whole load of heathen drinks, you biggot! Maybe we should take this to the AMT?

• Options
    stu gee wrote:

i've never tried Buckfast :o

i always thought it was drunk by the doyen of the poor ;)
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    flip a bic
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i've never tried Buckfast :o

i always thought it was drunk by the doyen of the poor ;)

It has always been seen as a drink for the young, the poor or the 'neds' as far as i remember. I started drinking it when i began getting my first carryouts, when i was maybe 13 as that's what everyone in school drank. Drank it most weekends untill i got to about 17 and i began sticking to beer and vodka, partly to avoid being labeled a ned. Then i got to about 19 and thought, what the hell, i actually quite enjoy the taste of it and if people want to judge others on what they drink then that is their problem.

Im 23 now and still drink it pretty frequently, and know people twice my age who are the same! At £5 pounds a bottle and 15% you cant really complain. Its made in the south of england but exported all over the world, although according to sales figures, glasgow/west central scotland has by far the most sales. Hear a lot of people referring to it as Coatbridge table wine lol
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    At £5 pounds a bottle and 15% you cant really complain.

as a typical scotsman this is what i cant work out.. i buy wine at £3 a bottle that is 14%.... so for £6 i could fucking hammered, whereas neds buy it for £5 a bottle and its only a 1% more proof.. they should drink sherry or Aldi vodka straight.. or even better they should try and swallow gas canisters and kill themselves...
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    It has always been seen as a drink for the young, the poor or the 'neds' as far as i remember. I started drinking it when i began getting my first carryouts, when i was maybe 13 as that's what everyone in school drank. Drank it most weekends untill i got to about 17 and i began sticking to beer and vodka, partly to avoid being labeled a ned. Then i got to about 19 and thought, what the hell, i actually quite enjoy the taste of it and if people want to judge others on what they drink then that is their problem.

Im 23 now and still drink it pretty frequently, and know people twice my age who are the same! At £5 pounds a bottle and 15% you cant really complain. Its made in the south of england but exported all over the world, although according to sales figures, glasgow/west central scotland has by far the most sales. Hear a lot of people referring to it as Coatbridge table wine lol

I actually really like Red Square and people tell me it's a chav drink.

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i was about to say, the determination people have to drink astounds me. pretty damn impressive :D

seriously!!!! you gotta DO whatchu gotta DO!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    dunkman wrote:
    as a typical scotsman this is what i cant work out.. i buy wine at £3 a bottle that is 14%.... so for £6 i could fucking hammered, whereas neds buy it for £5 a bottle and its only a 1% more proof.. they should drink sherry or Aldi vodka straight.. or even better they should try and swallow gas canisters and kill themselves...

And Buckfast gives you the splatters in the morning.
  • Options
    And Buckfast gives you the splatters in the morning.

see!!! Fins knows this shit .... so to speak ;)