What made your last 6 months?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Sitting on Bournemouth beach today. I'm here for a few days' vacation on my own, which... owns!

Learning some stuff about myself recently that'll make it easier.

Seeing some sort of future again, with someone special in it. :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Discovering my true friends.

Finding out I'm stronger than I thought.

And finding someone special, which means I don't have to do it all alone.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    pearl jam msg

booking my miami trip for the end of the month
  • disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    Discovering my mom's having breastcancer... My dad died suddenly... Me discovering I have the same medical problem as my dad and grandpa had (too high cholesterol which causes cardiovascular diseases)... I'm on a diet now.... And I back to school for some other education (beside the regular job I have)...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Learning that I can get by on my own, even though I don't need to. It's nice to know that, while they are there to lean on when I need them, I am capable of existing without the direct support of my loved ones. I feel a bit happier in myself knowing that.

Otherwise, not much. It has been a pretty shit year but I am getting past it and it has been too long to dwell on it. I'm done moping. It's all about the now.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I became engaged to the woman of my dreams - I truly feel blessed that she is in my life.

I am very close to my family, but I know nothing lasts forever. My grandfather is getting older, so I am trying to devote more time to visiting him. My grandmother passed away several years ago and he's been sad ever since. Lately, his spirits are better though -

Oooh, and of course PJ dates in my area made me very happy. =)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Discovering my mom's having breastcancer... My dad died suddenly... Me discovering I have the same medical problem as my dad and grandpa had (too high cholesterol which causes cardiovascular diseases)... I'm on a diet now.... And I back to school for some other education (beside the regular job I have)...

:confused:
    I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. That's awful!
  • A few gigs were really wonderful. Sometimes the magic just happens, and you're not sure how.
    :confused:
    I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. That's awful!

Well, life is a bitch sometimes.... Just let's assume we get better times now..
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    what made MY last 6 months? LITERALLY someone from here that saved me. He knows who he is and i wont ever stop thanking him.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i recently sent a pm to someone hoping they were ok and offering support.. they ignored it... but they seem better... so that made my last week :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Well, life is a bitch sometimes.... Just let's assume we get better times now..

I hope you do get better times indeed......best of luck to you.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    dunkman wrote:
    i recently sent a pm to someone hoping they were ok and offering support.. they ignored it... but they seem better... so that made my last week :)
    It's the thought that counts.
    I am sure the person appreciated your concern.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It's the thought that counts.
    I am sure the person appreciated your concern.

yeah i know.. it seems that person is feeling groovier :) and thats all i wished for :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    'The One that Got Away' called me out of the blue to meet up and go to lunch. It was awesome. We had a great time and talked for about 3 hours. Really missed having her in my life..
    macci wrote:
    I hope you do get better times indeed......best of luck to you.

Thanks
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    dunkman wrote:

That person sent out a thank you to those that pm'd him in another thread. Just so you know. I imagine you are still loved - in a masculine way of course!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,440
    I've been in a relationship with a sweet guy for the last half a year.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    my husband. we have been on such a *high*....it's so good...and i am so thankful. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    finding out my mom was cancer free after her breast cancer surgery (did not spread) :)
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    what 'made' my last 6 months, I got a job that is 'not bad' (still afraid to jinx it)
    but my dad had a car accident and he is in a nursing home so that's what the last five months have mainly been preoccupied with.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    The thought that there's always another 6 months ahead of you that you have no idea what will bring.

Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    The fact I gave 100% of my effort and didn't run away.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • PearlsGirlPearlsGirl Posts: 257
    breaking up with some fucker that was with for two years, and realizing that my life is a billion times better off with out him, and for that sake, any guy, as of right now. getting accepted in to grad school in Belgium, my dreams are coming true! realizing who my true friends are, and keeping them closer than I have ever before. family, my niece, the love of my life. she's adorable and so smart, and I couldn't be more proud of her, she's only 7 mo. old. graduating from the best uni ever! go cougs! and well, the opportunity to move to europe. my chance at making myself, truly making myself proud. no more trying to make others happy, in the past, it's only led to failure. i am living my dream right now, life is brilliant.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • This girl Shannon I've met...nothing has happened but shes perfect
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    Getting engaged...lodging my immigration application...getting to spend the holidays together...making plans for the future...earning my clinical license
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    My sons all doing excellent in life and in school.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • * Realising and acting on my feelings before it was too late

* Family and friends as close as

* PJ meets and new friends

* Plans for the future

* New beginnings

* Love

Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Getting engaged...lodging my immigration application...getting to spend the holidays together...making plans for the future...earning my clinical license

the answer to the secret question is don bradman. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    marrying the most amazing woman

having a wonderful family

having a great job

PJ playing in my city