I've just figured out the iPod sales scam

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Here's the scam.

I've got an 8gig iPod which fits a fair amount of my favourite stuff on it. But because it's all within my grasp, a fair chunk of my collection, I'm getting bored of the entire lot.. and it's only been a few months.

The scam: Buy iPod. Be entertained for a few months. Get bored of music. Buy more music. Buy new, bigger iPod. It's a never ending cycle. You eventually have an iPod which is the size of a naval submarine.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    My iPod is 30gig and it is currently holding about 1/3 of my music... it sucks. I need to keep taking stuff off to put new stuff on. I wish I could just have my whole library on there. Need to get a 160gb one clearly... :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    you'd look like a ass with a naval submarine strapped to you, am i right? Damn iPods
  • you'd look like a ass with a naval submarine strapped to you

Yeah, a BAD ASS.

Don't cross me or I'll whip out my naval submarine. :cool:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Yeah, a BAD ASS.

I really hope that's not a euphemism.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Yeah, a BAD ASS.

hahahahahh
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    the strapping a sub to you kind of reminds me of people lugging around HUGE discmans... even when i used to have a discman (back in the day :P) it was relatively slim and sleek.
    then again i am half japanese and its in my nature to have smaller electronics...
    Yeah, a BAD ASS.

Complete with little seamen?

What?
  • it was relatively slim and sleek.
    then again i am half japanese and its in my nature to have smaller electronics...

:o

I'm sorry but what with the euphemism comment....

Sorry.

*runs away*

Sorry.

*runs away*
    I just pissed myself

again
  • I predict a new iPod Gigantic, to be seen in pockets everywhere, very soon.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I predict a new iPod Gigantic, to be seen in pockets everywhere, very soon.:p

Is that an iPod Gigantic or are you just pleased to see me?

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Is that an iPod Gigantic or are you just pleased to see me?

LOL!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Is that an iPod Gigantic or are you just pleased to see me?

All it ever plays is smooth jazz and Barry White songs.
  • All it ever plays is smooth jazz and Barry White songs.

Someone once said in another thread, but I think it applies here...

Bom chica wa wa

Sorry.

*runs away*
    HAHAHA... wow, i have the worst timing in the world.
    I want the Spanish version, the iPod Gigante. It just sounds cooler
  • I want the Spanish version, the iPod Gigante. It just sounds cooler

Totally, especially when you consider the pronunciation.

• I just hate to think of the silhouetted bulges we'll see in the ads.:o
  • I just hate to think of the silhouetted bulges we'll see in the ads.:o

The iPod Gigante.

Good music cums in gigantic packages.

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    you cant blame apple if you want a bigger iPod. Just keep changing whats on there every week or two if you dont feel like buying a new one.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Wait... this thread's about mp3 players? :eek:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    you cant blame apple if you want a bigger iPod. Just keep changing whats on there every week or two if you dont feel like buying a new one.

Steve Jobs - I 'm glad your here. How about our idea for the iPod "Gigante"?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    You eventually have an iPod which is the size of a naval submarine.

does it have to be a naval submarine? is a regular submarine not good enough? can you even get another type of submarine?

mine's is a U-boat
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    does it have to be a naval submarine? is a regular submarine not good enough? can you even get another type of submarine?

mine's is a U-boat

I guess it could be a yellow submarine
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    Steve Jobs - I 'm glad your here. How about our idea for the iPod "Gigante"?

Haha. Is that an iPod Gigante in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • dunkman wrote:

I presume a 'naval' submarine is a normal submarine, just used in the navy. Because of course, when you buy an iPod Gigante, you'll also get a certificate allowing you an honorary membership in the Navy.. absolutely free.

• SVRDhand13 wrote:

Ooooh - about 15 posts too late.:p
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

Wow. :o

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I guess it could be a yellow submarine

made by Apple...

i'm such a Beatles geek :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    If you order within the next 10 minutes, your iPod Gigante will come pre-loaded with this gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRq82c8Baw