I want to confess a real secret to you all

2»

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    cory wrote:
    Listen Malcolm X, you've got to retire from the site for a while. Meet a woman. Have some wild sex. Develop a life with her. Eventually marry her. And then revisit the site to escape the inevitable hatred you will feel towards being married.

That's how most of us have done it. All except for soulsinging who uses this as a proving ground to develop argument tact in a courtroom once he graduates law school;)

Please stop calling sex lines. Just call TrixieCat. She walk you through some boredom, I'm sure:)

You're outed! You don't disagree with everything I've ever said or thought! Ha,ha. Cory, you are brimming with life my friend, brimming with life in just the same way a tissue is brimming with life, just before it's flushed down the lavvy by a 14 year old boy.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie uk wrote:
    You're outed! You don't disagree with everything I've ever said or thought! Ha,ha. Cory, you are brimming with life my friend, brimming with life in just the same way a tissue is brimming with life, just before it's flushed down the lavvy by a 14 year old boy.

Well, duh! ;)
  • Not sure about the phone sex lines, but that's pretty much how I'll turn out.

I have loads of casual friends who I can make some small talk with and possibly share things in common with but thats as far as friendships go with me. I don't have any good friends, just ones that have stuck around longer than others.

As for relationships, I've never been one to try and get laid, wasn't really into that whole 'jump on the first person's back who will let me' thing. I guess it doesn't mean much if there's no passion between the two people. While I'd go for personality anyday, I think my main problem is myself, I suck at being close to people, couldn't do it with my family, couldn't do it to the numerous girls that I've come really close to being in a relationship with.

Being lonely definitley has it's moments though. :D
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • I've always been lonely, too. I'm a waitress and bartender and everybody loves me, but that's all an act. Honestly, I feel more like an actress than anything. I'm actually really shy. I don't like to return merchandise or to be involved in confrontation or to call the propane company to order propane or anything like that. I just don't like talking to people. But when I'm waiting tables or pouring drinks, I'm talking to people nonstop. I work 4-12 hours a day interacting with people and the only way I can do it is because I have to; it's my job. I have two close friends, a husband and three daughters. That's pretty much all I have. Those are the only people I really "talk" to. The two friends and husband have all been in my life for a very long time and I'm 30 years old. It just takes time to develop relationships with people. That's probably why I love this place so much. Someone is always here with a response. :D

It's also interesting how many lonely people put on an act. I wonder perhaps if this is how so many are lonely. Maybe, if you were to be yourself, you would feel comfortable in your own skin and you would attract more people; people that you want to be around and people that want to be around you.

Just a suggestion
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    It's also interesting how many lonely people put on an act. I wonder perhaps if this is how so many are lonely. Maybe, if you were to be yourself, you would feel comfortable in your own skin and you would attract more people; people that you want to be around and people that want to be around you.

Just a suggestion

the guy who just admitted he is lonely and can't get close to people is not making suggestions about how to be social?
  • the guy who just admitted he is lonely and can't get close to people is not making suggestions about how to be social?

Yeah, I'm the wrong person to be giving advice, but it makes sense. Just one of those thoughts really.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Yeah, I'm the wrong person to be giving advice, but it makes sense. Just one of those thoughts really.

fair enough... just sounded like you suddenly considered yourself an expert rather than thinking out loud ;)
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......................................Oh, you are serious huh?
    Sorry.

Acoustic guy from all the other posts and from talking to you i know you're good guy. So i'm not going to slag you off. I will say however, that maybe you haven't experienced loneliness to such extent as this guy had. Believe me there are people outhere, normal young people who have no friends or hardly any friends and never had a girlfriend/boyfriend. I can't explain why it happens so, but laughing at the person with this kind of problem is kind of low.

You could've just said nothing at all or offered sympathetic words.

But then i'm not a moderator and i can't tell you what you should say and what you shouldn't. I just want to make you aware that it's a not nice thing to do. :)
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......................................Oh, you are serious huh?
    Sorry.

oh, no i posted my reply twice. sorry everyone
    Malcolm_X wrote:
    I think I am a deeply lonely person.....I mean very, very lonely!!! And I have been this way I believe the majority of my life. Like I know a lot of people and I have friends, and people like me. I'm 24 and I've been on some dates, but never any real romantic ones....never had a girlfriend or anything like that......

But anyway, sometimes, and I haven't done this lately, but I call up phone sex lines....not for phone sex, but just because I want someone to talk to. You'd actually be surprised...most of these girls are in college, and its nice to just be able to open up to them. Most of them have told me that they can tell that I'm very lonely, and that I really need to tear down these walls that I build and let someone in....I dunno, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

i'm not going to write such bullshit as "don't worry one day you'll find someone special"

cause it's all bullshit, our life is not a fucking fairy-tale and doesn't end with a happy ending.

As Harmless said live for today, make the most out everyday you have whatever it is you're doing. And just keep yourself occupied.

sex lines??? why?? if you haven't got a female friend, who just wants to be your friend then get one.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    The Champ wrote:
    Listen, PM me, i'll tell you how to fuck some bitches..don't worry about it, you're young..
    hehe
    Perceptual wrote:
    I'm in the same boat, MalcolmX... Loneliness has been plaguing me for as long as I can recall. I have the same problem of not being able to connect with people. At work I must seem like the happiest guy, being very nice and laughy... It's all fake though, just to hide from those I know. It's now become a catch-22... I don't want to talk to anyone because I don't want people to know me, know what I'm thinking or how I'm feeling, since I feel it is shameful and embarressing for people to know these personal things. Meanwhile at the same time I want someone to come home to.

All I'm saying is, you might be lonely, but you're not alone.

Perceptual, i think i was a bit like you. Everytime i met new people i used to lie about my past and current situation. but then i met two honest pricks, and became honest myself. so now if my life is shit i won't lie about it, i won't bring it up in conversation, but if someone asks me i will tell everything how it is.

but i think it's a wise decision not to say anything at work about how unhappy you are, you are an employee to them and you are there to do your work.
  • genie wrote:
    i'm not going to write such bullshit as "don't worry one day you'll find someone special"

cause it's all bullshit, our life is not a fucking fairy-tale and doesn't end with a happy ending.

As Harmless said live for today, make the most out everyday you have whatever it is you're doing. And just keep yourself occupied.

sex lines??? why?? if you haven't got a female friend, who just wants to be your friend then get one.

Aww she quoted me I'm honoured! :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I give you credit for being so open on a message board. Im sorry you are lonely, I think there are a lot of lonely people in this world. I'd try to give you advice but It's all cliched.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
This discussion has been closed.