St. Patrick's Day

Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Pints, craic, shilelagh law, pints, car bombs, green underwear, half&halfs, sessions, black&tans, parades, pints, Dubliners, fiddlers, pickers, Irish Rovers, shamrock shakes, orange & the green, pints...

Slainte!!!
I love to turn you on
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    top 5 worst days of the year

bunch of sloppy drunks

oh and i hate the saying "everyone is irish on st. patty's day"

um no im italian 365 days a year

sorry stevie just had to say i hate the day
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    it's my favorite day of the year. i can't believe i didn't think to start a thread on this.

really...between college bball, the start of spring, and st. patrick's day... is there any better month than march? :D
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    top 5 worst days of the year

bunch of sloppy drunks

oh and i hate the saying "everyone is irish on st. patty's day"

um no im italian 365 days a year

sorry stevie just had to say i hate the day

Hey J getcher spaghetti sellin' guinee hate outta my pints brotha!!! We all can't drink Coronas!!! ;)
    I love to turn you on
    Hey J getcher spaghetti sellin' guinee hate outta my pints brotha!!! We all can't drink Coronas!!! ;)

thats right bro gotta hate the micks :)
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I love St. Patricks Day too!!

Slainte!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i agree with j....amateur hour
    cutback wrote:
    i agree with j....amateur hour

25 year professional right here. and i'm in my mid/late 30s. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

no you're a pro there is no doubting that...;).....i'm talking about the morons that drink 4 times a year and this is one of their days.....:eek:
    yep, i am a seasoned professional as well. :)
    just this minute got a text from a friend: "less than two weeks two go!" (for us the saturday before, i.e. parade day, is the real celebration. :D
    nfanel wrote:
    yep, i am a seasoned professional as well. :)
    just this minute got a text from a friend: "less than two weeks two go!" (for us the saturday before, i.e. parade day, is the real celebration. :D

amen nic. we have people coming in from 4 states. plus our fall tailgating crew.

game on. :D
    I love to turn you on
    cutback wrote:
    no you're a pro there is no doubting that...;).....i'm talking about the morons that drink 4 times a year and this is one of their days.....:eek:

I call them rookies. :) but yes you and Jay are correct they are morons.
    I love to turn you on
    I call them rookies. :) but yes you and Jay are correct they are morons.

2 many people drunk all day = too many fights

im not saying everyone,, but it happens alot

never was my cup of tea

but like i said im not irish,,so i never understood why i would celebrate the day? lol
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    woohoo, going to Montreal for St. Patrick's Day weekend

first vacation in years..................

lots of booze and the Foo Fighters show at the Bell Centre

thinking of seeing the Habs vs Islanders on Sat night if I can find tix on ebay.....
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • LOVE IT.

I allow myself to get sloppy drunk and do stupid shit this one night every year...
    the weekend before I'm going skiing, hope I'm not too tired to party on monday!

the last two years I made boiled dinner for 20 people. stressful, but fun and delicious!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    It bugs me when non Irish people celebrate it. I dunno why, it just really irritates me - seems like a day for americans to pretend to be something their not *grrr*
    Pints, craic, shilelagh law, pints, car bombs, green underwear, half&halfs, sessions, black&tans, parades, pints, Dubliners, fiddlers, pickers, Irish Rovers, shamrock shakes, orange & the green, pints...

Slainte!!!

What the hell is shilelagh law? Green underwear?! Be careful where you mention car bombs and Black & tans :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    It bugs me when non Irish people celebrate it. I dunno why, it just really irritates me - seems like a day for americans to pretend to be something their not *grrr*

What the hell is shilelagh law? Green underwear?! Be careful where you mention car bombs and Black & tans :p

its bugs me also

i dont understand why non-irish celebrate it ? kinda silly
    Jennytree wrote:

HA! :D Truth be told, the Bass is put away for that day! :) I have guinness green undies that me ma got me. and as fer yer shilelagh law, well I just listen to the orange and the green and start brawlin' with me kin!
    I love to turn you on
    HA! :D Truth be told, the Bass is put away for that day! :) I have guinness green undies that me ma got me. and as fer yer shilelagh law, well I just listen to the orange and the green and start brawlin' with me kin!

erm... ye wha'?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    erm... ye wha'?

me parents, me sister, me wife, all of them.
    I love to turn you on
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

Slainte!!!

You forgot Flogging Molly! ;):D:p
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Jennytree wrote:

The Irish played a huge role in the development of the United States, and many of them suffered greatly in the process. To me, celebrating St. Patricks Day in the US is to celebrate that part of our history. I'm half Irish, but I don't think you need to be Irish to join the celebration. Personally, I love all the ethnic traditions/holidays we acknowledge in the U.S. St. Patrick's Day is just another one of those. In areas where you have large populations of any ethnicity, these days are going to be more pronounced.
    The Irish played a huge role in the development of the United States, and many of them suffered greatly in the process. To me, celebrating St. Patricks Day in the US is to celebrate that part of our history. I'm half Irish, but I don't think you need to be Irish to join the celebration. Personally, I love all the ethnic traditions/holidays we acknowledge in the U.S. St. Patrick's Day is just another one of those. In areas where you have large populations of any ethnicity, these days are going to be more pronounced.

So your celebrating the misery of thousands of Irish immigrants in a foreign land?! :p

Go celebrate it, be happy, have fun! But people who pretend to be Irish for one day, talking about leprechauns and guiness and saying "top o' the mornin" just bugs the tits off me! Its just condesending to be something that you (people) know nothing about. Some are so naive, and have no real idea about what Ireland is actually like these days.

Sorry, I'm ranting!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    So your celebrating the misery of thousands of Irish immigrants in a foreign land?! :p

Go celebrate it, be happy, have fun! But people who pretend to be Irish for one day, talking about leprechauns and guiness and saying "top o' the mornin" just bugs the tits off me! Its just condesending to be something that you (people) know nothing about. Some are so naive, and have no real idea about what Ireland is actually like these days.

Sorry, I'm ranting!

no, it's celebrating the role they played in our history. for americans that are of irish decent, it is nod to our ancestry, it's like chinese americans celebrating chinese new year. plus, people who aren't chinese celebrate chinese new year and people who aren't irish celebrate st. patricks day.

I don't think many people talk about leprechauns and say top o' the mornin...it's just the decorations.

the guinness part, ok...but the rest...
    amen nic. we have people coming in from 4 states. plus our fall tailgating crew.

game on. :D
    i have never missed parade weekend.....not once in my life. nor have my friends - even the one that briefly lived in cali would come home that weekend.

i am taking over a new role at work and they said i'd have to work the weekend of the 15th. i told them i would quit before that happened and i was dead serious! :D
    (so now i'm known as the office alch-y, but hey...whatever. :p)
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    nfanel wrote:
    i have never missed parade weekend.....not once in my life. nor have my friends - even the one that briefly lived in cali would come home that weekend.

i am taking over a new role at work and they said i'd have to work the weekend of the 15th. i told them i would quit before that happened and i was dead serious! :D

That's ok...you're known as the Message Pit alch-y as well. ;):D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    cutback wrote:
    i never got that either, same with new year's eve. you'd think there was a law that you couldn't drink any other day of the year the way some people act out! my feeling, if you wanna get wasted, just do it already :p
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Irish cuisine...

Boil everything until you can drink it with a straw

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    nfanel wrote:

That's dedication!

10 days!!!

(well, only one more week until I start really...)
    I love to turn you on
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    its bugs me also

i dont understand why non-irish celebrate it ? kinda silly

Exactly!

I mean why doesn't everyone just celebrate jewish holidays, italian holiday, and chinese holidays as well? :confused:

The only Holiday that I partake in which I have no affiliation with is Christmas. I believe in Jesus, but not Christianity.
    NERDS!
    Exactly!

I mean why doesn't everyone just celebrate jewish holidays, italian holiday, and chinese holidays as well? :confused:

The only Holiday that I partake in which I have no affiliation with is Christmas. I believe in Jesus, but not Christianity.

yea we can all celebrate yom kippur lol :confused: