Options

Would you kill your own kid?

2»

Comments

• Options
    What about that tape of you performing a mock cunnilingus on that special order Della Reese blow up doll ?? because, while it made for great YouTube images...it must have been a tad embarrassing.

seriously though - why is this even a question?? it seems very unlikely that anyone WOULD kill their kid for the reasons given...that is why they are called extremists...because their actions are um, extreme.

Yeah! If anyone wants to find a way to discuss this, it should be on MT!

P.S. :)
  • Options
    I don't fully understand some religions, people, traditions. Whether or not this is considered an accident, to me it screams the disconnect between some cultures and basic Women's/Human Rights.
    One case doesn't tell you anything about a culture or religion. There was a brutal murder in my town a few weeks ago...that doesn't scream anything about the culture here.

All that case tells me is that some nutjob killed his daughter for disobeying him.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    my friend is Indian, actually he is a Sheik(don't know how to spell, pronounced "Seek")
    His dad is REALLY religious, my friend hasn't worn his turbin in years, but every time his dad is around, he HAS to wear it... I always wonder what would happen if he got caught without it on...
    On a side note, he said my beard is almost long enough and my hair is long enough, I'm almost ready for a turbin! (he's a funny guy, and a PJ fan too)
  • Options
    Magstar wrote:
    You have to conform to society just because you move to a new country? Oh my.
    well you don't expect that country to conform to YOU when ya move do ya? I believe most countries have laws against KILLING people... it should hardly have been a big shock to him. He obviously knew about that law when he called the police saying he killed his daughter.

This is the reason I don't move to THEIR countries... cos no way in hell would I conform to their laws and I don't expect them to change for me, nor do I believe I should be exempt.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Magstar wrote:

I think Helen said it nicely!

Country full of freedoms? Child exposed to it? Child wants to not be like parents? Yeah, you better be able to change because this ain't your home land and the laws and people are a little bit different. Call it conform, or call it common sense, either way, I notice a ton of people who still think they live in the old country.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I'd strangle my son if he didn't wear a Boston Red Sox cap on his head.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    pjtaper wrote:
    my friend is Indian, actually he is a Sheik(don't know how to spell, pronounced "Seek")
    His dad is REALLY religious, my friend hasn't worn his turbin in years, but every time his dad is around, he HAS to wear it... I always wonder what would happen if he got caught without it on...
    On a side note, he said my beard is almost long enough and my hair is long enough, I'm almost ready for a turbin! (he's a funny guy, and a PJ fan too)
    It's spelled 'sikh'. A sheik is something else :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Magstar wrote:

er??? yeah, what planet do you live on?

I sure hope you don't travel to any muslim countries, cause you'd be playing with fire over there with this kind of attitude
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    As some of my banned friends would say. " I kill millions of children every night" ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Although religion played part in this, i must say that maybe her parents didn't like her disobeying them, and disobeying has nothing to do with religion.

I'm just hinting on something that's called "honour" killings. whereby muslim parents care more about community they live in and whether their family is respectable than their own child.

Very sad factor. Any free spirit who ran away from those kind of idiots i salute you
  • Options
    As some of my banned friends would say. " I kill millions of children every night" ;)

yeah and i don't mind swallowing them, cause sometimes i get very hungry ;)
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    genie wrote:
    Although religion played part in this, i must say that maybe her parents didn't like her disobeying them, and disobeying has nothing to do with religion.

I'm just hinting on something that's called "honour" killings. whereby muslim parents care more about community they live in and whether their family is respectable than their own child.

Very sad factor. Any free spirit who ran away from those kind of idiots i salute you

She sure wasn't an old Italian lady not wanting to wear the scarf on a windy day. Living in the city, I will say it was to do with religion.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    genie wrote:

:eek: BTW that wasn't a bad : eek : ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    She sure wasn't an old Italian lady not wanting to wear the scarf on a windy day. Living in the city, I will say it was to do with religion.

i didn't say exactly that religion didn't play part in the killing, but what i was saying or rather adding is that there also something called honour killings.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Saturnal wrote:
    One case doesn't tell you anything about a culture or religion. There was a brutal murder in my town a few weeks ago...that doesn't scream anything about the culture here.

All that case tells me is that some nutjob killed his daughter for disobeying him.

But look at the reason why.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I think the fact that the traditional head-covering represented compliance to male dominance in their culture is significant. To not wear it must have seemed like a rejection of the submissive niche she was supposed to be in.

This is a sad story. :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I think the fact that the traditional head-covering represented compliance to male dominance in their culture is significant. To not wear it must have seemed like a rejection of the submissive niche she was supposed to be in.

This is a sad story. :(

Bingo.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Bingo.

yeah, they should let their women explore their sexuality trouble is, if they do so, they might find out that all their women turn into lesbians after years of abuse from their men. :D
  • Options
    But look at the reason why.
    Yeah, I mentioned the reason why.

Again, one case doesn't tell you anything about a culture. If you got some statistics that show a significant percentage of Islamic women are killed for disobeying their fathers, I'd be interested. Otherwise, this one story doesn't tell me anything except that some nut killed his daughter for disobeying him.
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yeah, I mentioned the reason why.

Again, one case doesn't tell you anything about a culture. If you got some statistics that show a significant percentage of Islamic women are killed for disobeying their fathers, I'd be interested. Otherwise, this one story doesn't tell me anything except that some nut killed his daughter for disobeying him.

Oh Lord. Futile.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Magstar wrote:

you shouldn't kill your child over doing so, no matter where you are.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    genie wrote:

you are filthy!

and i love it :)