average PJ girl, 45 2 kids divorcee ;)
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

And you know this from? Experience?
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    badbrains said:

And you know this from? Experience?
    it's a running joke amongst certain pj fans I know.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Hmm...only one of the three applies to me (sort-of). Does that make me above or below average?
    ELITIST FUK
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    SD48277 said:

Hmm...only one of the three applies to me (sort-of). Does that make me above or below average?
    :)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

zero of the three apply to me...we can be non-average together!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

I like it!
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

I like it!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

zero of three apply to me as well, so I'll join you ladies! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

woo hoo! the more the merrier!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    My wife does not consider herself a PJ girl.
    edited March 2015

My husband is not a PJ man...lol You win some you lose some...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

So do they let you go to shows by yourself or do they go with you grudgingly?

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

Yeah, me too! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

So do they let you go to shows by yourself or do they go with you grudgingly?
    Well, I can't say for PJ as I haven't seen PJ since we've been together, but for my other fave singer, Christian Kane, he did both let me go "alone" where I actually met up with fellow Kaniacs, and he went to a few shows with me...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

Yeah, me too! :)
    Joining this train :peace:

...although the days of my being called a girl are long-gone =)
    hedonist said:

I dunno, I don't mind that so much...I really hate it when people call me 'mame', I feel so old. hahahahha!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

I dunno, I don't mind that so much...I really hate it when people call me 'mame', I feel so old. hahahahha!
    My boss calls me ma'am sometimes...most of the time though, he calls me kiddo...and I'm only 8 years younger than him...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

Oh no, I'm cool with that! - just that I crossed over to "woman" awhile ago.

And someone called me ma'am a few weeks ago. I was surprised at how much it irritated me before I let it go.
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

And someone called me ma'am a few weeks ago. I was surprised at how much it irritated me before I let it go.
    I WILL NEVER cross over to woman...LMAO...I will always be a girl!!! HAHAHA
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

i know! I mean, I still get carded...even the double take when they look at my ID. I don't mind 'miss', but the whole ma'am bugs me.

- Christopher McCandless
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

and yet, you still haven't been able to hook up with any of them.

did you see me? i saw you.
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

i know! I mean, I still get carded...even the double take when they look at my ID. I don't mind 'miss', but the whole ma'am bugs me.
    I still get carded too, even when I have my 13 year old kid with me...lol and they think I'm way younger than I am...I just hate being called ma'am too, it's like really, that's reserved for your elders not all girls/women...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

I still get carded too, even when I have my 13 year old kid with me...lol and they think I'm way younger than I am...I just hate being called ma'am too, it's like really, that's reserved for your elders not all girls/women...
    I would rather someone call me ma'am than a bitch or a variety of other names out there. I've always had my daughter refer to people as Miss (insert first name here) or Mr. (insert first name here.) Since we're north of the Mason-Dixon Line, ma'am and sir aren't quite as common. Once you cross it is. It's more of a cultural thing, but I've been known to refer to people as ma'am and sir at work. I find it nicer than, "Hey, you!" Since I work at a fine craft gallery and not at a fast food joint, it's looked at as a little more proper.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

hedonist said:

I would rather someone call me ma'am than a bitch or a variety of other names out there. I've always had my daughter refer to people as Miss (insert first name here) or Mr. (insert first name here.) Since we're north of the Mason-Dixon Line, ma'am and sir aren't quite as common. Once you cross it is. It's more of a cultural thing, but I've been known to refer to people as ma'am and sir at work. I find it nicer than, "Hey, you!" Since I work at a fine craft gallery and not at a fast food joint, it's looked at as a little more proper.
    There's a contradictory point for me, I don't mind when my daughter answers me with yes ma'am, or someone else's kid for that matter calls me it...but when someone else as in another adult that isn't much younger than me or may even be older than me calls me it, it ruffles my feathers...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

There's a contradictory point for me, I don't mind when my daughter answers me with yes ma'am, or someone else's kid for that matter calls me it...but when someone else as in another adult that isn't much younger than me or may even be older than me calls me it, it ruffles my feathers...lol

This is me too!

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    No comment.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited March 2015
    Once I was waiting in line at the bagel place and they had a new kid working there. He was college age, from India, spoke perfect English-English. Called a woman in line ahead of me "ma'am" a few times, like i said he was new so he was being extra polite. Eventually she went off on him. Got real nasty telling him he was being offensive calling her like that, and in this country that's not how you use that word and blah blah blah. The guy was so upset, hurt, embarrassed, I thought he was gonna cry. I spent my entire bagel transaction time trying to comfort him and explain most women will recognize he means it respectfully, and that this particular lady was just sensitive.

You guys telling me I was wrong?

I don't fit any of the "typical" criteria mentioned above either. And I don't mind being called ma'am either. Makes me feel fancy! :tongue::wink:
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902

and we don't believe the girl in your avatar is your wife!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16