Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Speedies!
    yummy.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    Collin wrote:
    We traveled through New York, didn't go to Buffalo, we went from NYC to Binghamton (Greyhound), then hitch hiked to Ithaca and surrounding areas, Watkins Glen (beautiful), up to Geneva and a family then drove us from Geneva to Niagara Falls. We only saw a small part of the Finger Lakes area, but it was beautiful.

The woman we stayed with in Binghamton used to have a B&B but wasn't able to keep it due to taxes.

And there was an article about my brother and me in the Finger Lakes Times :)

edit: NYC, Binghamton, Endicott, Owego, Ithaca, Watkins Glen, Geneva, Niagara Falls) and on our ways back to NYC (coming from Pittsfield, Mass) Woodstock (can't remember where we went before woodstock), Esopus, New Paltz (the Gunks!), Beacon and then we took a train to NYC.

Beautiful!

dam dont forget batavia (batavia downs) corning (corning glass) very cool!! , Chautauqua lake Awesome lake home to lucy ball not to mention the Chautauqua institue , allegahny state park , holiday valley ski resort (very cool lil town antiques blues bars and cool resturants and shops ) ...
    those are all an hrs drive from Blo.
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

??;)??

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I thought Buffalo was just a part of Canada that they didn't want anymore.

??;)??

I am Canadian and I think I speak for all Canadians when I say we dont want Buffalo....maybe just the Bills in Toronto but thats it.
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    did jessica simpson make this post?
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    scot88 wrote:
    aka PK, or Po-town to those "in the know"
    "Po-town!" Dave Price, I think he does the weather on the Early Show now, but he used to work on Good Day NY and he's from there and he used to say that! I never heard of PK though :)

I had a nice time up there, I went to a Goo Goo Dolls concert up there, ironically enough. I think it was the Mid Hudson Civic Center? It looked like a high school gym! But I had a good time!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    Allie wrote:
    "Po-town!" Dave Price, I think he does the weather on the Early Show now, but he used to work on Good Day NY and he's from there and he used to say that! I never heard of PK though :)

I had a nice time up there, I went to a Goo Goo Dolls concert up there, ironically enough. I think it was the Mid Hudson Civic Center? It looked like a high school gym! But I had a good time!

the civic center is where the local ice hockey teams practice and play their games (right next to the concert venue is an ice rink.) so it kinda is a high school venue (in a way.) hell, my brother's high school graduation was there. I'm not a huge fan of the city itself, but there are many amazing places close by.

then again, i may be a little biased. i was born at vassar hospital, raised 20 minutes away, and went to high school in the town of poughkeepsie.
    rhinomagic wrote:

??;)??

thats why everywhere i drive in buffalo thats all you seee is canadian plates ... cause buffalo sux ... buffalo is a small city ... 260 thousand small ... stop comparin it to the likes of nyc ( population 8 mil ) toronto or any other larger city ... buffalo is small and there are problems but as much as there are alot of problems there are good. ill take any day when i can travel anywhere in buffalo in 20 min or less to sitting on the Q wondering when the frck my car is going to move another 10 ft.

:)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

??;)??

You mean Canada was part of the US we didn't want anymore.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I don't know, but ask this person:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=274208
    Seems to be edgie so don't push it..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    I don't know, but ask this person:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=274208
    Seems to be edgie so don't push it..
    what u wanna go now to lol :)

time for happy hr
    Late

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...8/IMG_0883.jpg
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0876.jpg[url][/url]

what u wanna go now to lol :)

time for happy hr
    Late

[img]http:///albums/d56/rickt78/IMG_0883.jpg[/img]

Seems to be a dead link, but hope you enjoyed the weekend ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Seems to be a dead link, but hope you enjoyed the weekend ;)..
    yeah it is im tryin to figure out how to post a pic without a link ?? lol

Yep and it has the only football team in New York State too. ;)

YUP!!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    canada

It may as well be. Their hockey and football teams would be nonexistant if it weren't for the north. But they have a super lacrosse squad.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    canada

It may as well be. Their hockey and football teams would be nonexistant if it weren't for the north. But they have a super lacrosse squad.

I cant make any case against that. But I really dont see the border as a big deal. I think of all of us as the same neighborhood.

People in Buffalo for the most part consider ourselves culturally Canadian (other than in the ghettos).

I believe that in the next 20 years, if the Canadian economy remains strong and as international trading eases up more and more.... Buffalo will in essense be swallowed up by the Toronto sprawl. They are also really (really this time) working on improving the waterfront and they have made a lot of progress already.

I love all the Canadians who come down here too for shopping. We need it. When I hear people complain about Canadians crowding the roads and shopping centers (centres), it really pisses me off.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    canada

I cant make any case against that. But I really dont see the border as a big deal. I think of all of us as the same neighborhood.

People in Buffalo for the most part consider ourselves culturally Canadian (other than in the ghettos).

I believe that in the next 20 years, if the Canadian economy remains strong and as international trading eases up more and more.... Buffalo will in essense be swallowed up by the Toronto sprawl. They are also really (really this time) working on improving the waterfront and they have made a lot of progress already.

I love all the Canadians who come down here too for shopping. We need it. When I hear people complain about Canadians crowding the roads and shopping centers (centres), it really pisses me off.

Road trips to the Bills games are great. What's that Toronto??? You're having a sanctioned tailgate, sponsered by who and I can only drink where. And how much are the tickets? NO wonder it is more a spectacle then a football game up here.

People I know grab family nights at the Sabres games and with the drive, the hotel, the gas, the hookers and the tickets, it still costs less then two tickets, five feet from the ceiling for a Leaf game. Now who would drive from St. Catharines to Toronto, when you can go to Buffalo.

Nothing but fun times down there.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08