~@~@things You Miss Thread@~@~

13»

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    afroannnie wrote:
    I miss my Huey Lewis and the News tapes.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Sports and Fore! were great...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    drunk mornings..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    A weekly allowance.
    Nikos
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    i miss living near the beach...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I miss the old Sears catalog that came before Christmas and was loaded with toys to choose from.
    that and the lady's underwear & bra section. that was as hot as playboy. i scoped out many a fine ladies whilst camping and using a flashlight
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    I miss the old Sears catalog that came before Christmas and was loaded with toys to choose from.
    that and the lady's underwear & bra section. that was as hot as playboy. i scoped out many a fine ladies whilst camping and using a flashlight
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:

:lol::lol: :thumbup:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I miss living in the city.

Suburbia hell!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I miss going out and partying all night long, then waking up and feeling great, and ready to party more the next morning...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I miss going out and partying all night long, then waking up and feeling great, and ready to party more the next morning...

:clap:

I do believe you just described what heaven is! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:clap:

I do believe you just described what heaven is! :lol:

No...she just described our early 20s. :lol:
    my fart goggles