evidences PJ definitely loathes Dave A.

2»

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    corduroy10 wrote:
    We all know Ed was behind it! :D

You mean it wasn't Stone's fault?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    gotIDgotID Posts: 9
    meme wrote:
    You mean it wasn't Stone's fault?

Not that time............
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    I love Dave A's style. I'm not sure why he split but I'm amazed everything about MTV Unplugged, especially Porch. They seemed to have fit together very well. I do have to say that Matt Cameron brings a different flavor than Dave did.

I've often wondered if Glorified G was about Dave. I heard a story, from an unknown source, that Ed was pissed when Dave went out & bought a hand gun.

Got a gun, fact I got two
    That's ok man, cuz I love god
    Glorified version of a pellet gun
    Feels so manly, when armed

Don't think, dumb is strength
    Never shot at a living thing
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,247
    I think Ed has developed a "man crush" on Matt.........
  • Options
    gotIDgotID Posts: 9
    Yes it (Glorified G)was. It was about him and partially Jeff's dad. They both liked guns at the time. Ed didn't like guns at all (killing, NRA, etc.). Funny thing is that cigarrettes probably kill twice as many people as guns do. Ed seems to support them quite often, as he can't seem to quit for very long and the tobacco industry was/is one of the most corrupt industries out there. Just a tad bit of a double standard if you ask me.

I love Dave A's style. I'm not sure why he split but I'm amazed everything about MTV Unplugged, especially Porch. They seemed to have fit together very well. I do have to say that Matt Cameron brings a different flavor than Dave did.

I've often wondered if Glorified G was about Dave. I heard a story, from an unknown source, that Ed was pissed when Dave went out & bought a hand gun.

Got a gun, fact I got two
    That's ok man, cuz I love god

Don't think, dumb is strength
    Never shot at a living thing
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526
    suns rival wrote:
    correction, the plural form of evidence is indeed, evidences.

Is suns rival a "Christian apologetic"? If not, here's a bunch of evidence to support my contention :p ....

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/evidences.html

"The only people who use 'evidences' (plural) are creationists or people who have spent far too much time reading their literature! 'Evidences' is a term from Christian apologetics ..."

Eugenie C. Scott, Executive Director for the National Center for Science Education.

"Now, this bill was of course drafted by a theologian or somebody versed in apologetics. There's an amusing bit of 'evidence' on that subject in the very language of the bill. The bill keeps using - the act keeps using the term 'evidences' in the plural. We lawyers never speak of 'evidences' in the plural; we speak of 'evidence' - the singular. I got nagged by it and I looked it up the other day. And of course the only dictionary reference to 'evidences' is to Christian apologetics - the 'evidences' for Christianity."

Jay Topkis, speaking of Louisiana's "Creationism Act" during Edwards v. Aguillard before the U. S. Supreme Court, Dec 10, 1986.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    imalive wrote:
    Is suns rival a "Christian apologetic"?

More important question....

Who is gotId?
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    diomedjamdiomedjam Posts: 14
    he was damn good on those two albums though...does anyone know what he is up to now?
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    diomedjam wrote:
    he was damn good on those two albums though...does anyone know what he is up to now?

Wikipedia says he is married and lives in the Dallas area.

I saw him play live in '94 and had no qualms with his work. Of course, I didn't have to record and perform with him for three years. Who knows why he was let go? It's nearly 15 years since his termination and PJ seems a more cohesive unit now, anyway.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020