evidences PJ definitely loathes Dave A.

suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
edited March 2008 in The Porch
the song "angel" was left off lost dogs album. and the song is rarely played by the band

dave A.'s images don't appear in RVM booklet. (in fact it was purposely cut out) :D

MTV unplugged by the band will never be released.

any evidences you got? conspracy theories? :D
scratching my butt...
kinakamot ang aking puwit...
me rascando pompis...
krap mijn reet...
boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
bahrosh teezy...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    who is dave A..... ;)
    and dont forget about Dave k and matt ch... did they get any recognition in RVM, did they do anything worth getting recognition for??
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    suns rival wrote:
    the song "angel" was left off lost dogs album. and the song is rarely played by the band

dave A.'s images don't appear in RVM booklet. (in fact it was purposely cut out) :D

I think the plural of "evidence" is "evidence" :p
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    imalive wrote:

correction, the plural form of evidence is indeed, evidences.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    hmmmm.... i know! eddie fired him!!!!

but on a serious note.... another one is that they redid the cover for RVM greatest hits with matt cameron. its a poster. (great one btw, its on the wall of my room)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • suns rival wrote:

lol.
    They also "replaced" his drumming for i think both Lost Dogs and Rearview Mirror on any songs that he played on.

But honestly bro',
    as an avid conspiracy "wacko",
    i have to say,
    i think this one just boils down to "legal issues"

but keep on fighting the good fight.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    hmmmm.... i know! eddie fired him!!!!

Actually wasn't it technically Stone, since he was the defacto leader of the band, at least as far as legal was concerned?

We all know Ed was behind it! :D
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    What did Dave A do? Was he enjoying the fame far too much? :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    nm
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    nukeboot wrote:
    I'm not sure if it makes any difference who did the drumming on the RVM and Lost Dogs stuff.

He has songwriting credit (along with the rest of the band) for the first two albums. So he got checks.
    Dre the drum machine.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • HollyweirdHollyweird Posts: 197
    imalive wrote:
    Hey the PM is George W. Cut him some slack on the English
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    corduroy10 wrote:
    Actually wasn't it technically Stone, since he was the defacto leader of the band, at least as far as legal was concerned?

We all know Ed was behind it! :D

Yeah, Eddie was a chicken shit and put the burden on Stones shoulders. He had a very hard time firing Dave and was reportedly crying when he broke the news to him.

Hating Dave I think was mostly an Eddie thing anyway and he hid away.
    I will swallow poison
  • Dave: Could you pass the mapple syr...

Stone: You're fired.

Take that you grinning fuck!

Seriously tho, he was a good drummer.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    at this moment in time does it really matter wtf happened all those yrs ago .......people please let go of the past ,i prefer the PRESENT TENSE in all it's glory .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the earlier versions of RVM do have Dave omitted, but they did fix that. . . in the later ones Dave is in fact recognized. I happen to have both versions. . . as for him not being in any of the photos, I dont have the CD in front of me, but I thought he was in at least one or two. . . but I could be wrong.
  • I happen to completely agree. I have always thought that they do their best to pretend he never existed. Not getting Angel pissed me off. Count me in the camp that thinks we will never see unplugged released.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    I thought the photos in the rearviewmirror booklet were from the Ten sessions, so Dave A wouldn't be shown anyway. Instead, we should be talking about how Dave Krusen isn't shown.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • AnnaMelindaAnnaMelinda Posts: 331
    Check out the photos of Dave in the Place/Date book.

He's in about 4 or 5 and not one projects him in a good light.

One of them shows Jeff throwing a punch at Dave.

He was not a good fit for the band. Not just for Ed.

Dave... virtue.... Not so much....

People that are vitrtuous do not tend to appreciate being closely involved with those who are not. Everyone gets tired of the bullshit of a bullshitter. Especially a good, smooth bullshitter.

(and there was the carpal tunnel....)
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • But we've only heard the Dave A cheated on his girlfriend and sucked as a person from the band's people.

Somthing went on there. It's a shame because he was my favorite drummer for sure.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • First three albums by pearl jam= best three albums= albums Dave A. drummed one.

Coincidence, i think not.

My conspiracy theory is that pearl jam stopped raging as much after Dave left and their albums got softer because there was no one left for ed to hate.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • Correction, *second and third albums*

But we've only heard the Dave A cheated on his girlfriend and sucked as a person from the band's people.

Yeah he did. ;)
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    First three albums by pearl jam= best three albums= albums Dave A. drummed one.

Coincidence, i think not.

dave a drummed on vs and vitalogy, not ten.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • dave a drummed on vs and vitalogy, not ten.

Thanks, refer back to post #21

• Stone IronsStone Irons Posts: 430
    Here's what Stone said in 1995 about firing Dave:

"It's a very complex scenario, and certainly Dave was, and is, not the only person in Pearl Jam with personality flaws. Everybody in this band exhibits some form of neurotic behavior. And we couldn't find a balance, a mutual respect for each other. Because of that, nobody was really playing with their hearts as open as they could be. But in the process of deciding 1) we still wanted to be a band, and 2) we really did want to work things out, we felt that improving our inner band relationships meant making a decision to find somebody else."

Source: http://www.fivehorizons.com/archive/articles/musc0595.shtml
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
    Wonder how Sheri Fineman feels about that book these days.

(Five Against One)

Wonder how the Dave and Sheri demise actually went down....
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Count me in the camp that thinks we will never see unplugged released.

Isn't it possible that the failure to release unplugged could have something to do with how widely bootlegged it has been? I mean, if they hated Dave so much why did they include the Oceans video on TB2K? You would think they would have omitted it all toghether, or at least edited him out and threw in some Richard Simmons footage or something.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Isn't it possible that the failure to release unplugged could have something to do with how widely bootlegged it has been? I mean, if they hated Dave so much why did they include the Oceans video on TB2K? You would think they would have omitted it all toghether, or at least edited him out and threw in some Richard Simmons footage or something.

ever noticed how you never see dave a and richard simmons in the same room together? just sayin' ;):D
  • gotIDgotID Posts: 9
    suppafreak wrote:
    Wonder how Sheri Fineman feels about that book these days.

(Five Against One)

Wonder how the Dave and Sheri demise actually went down....

Probably not much different. It seemed pretty obvious what happened in the band with Ed. I'm sure Dave A. is/was not a saint, but things could/should have been handled better by Ed.

Alot has changed since then, Ed and Beth fidelity issues, Ed marries a supermodel, does movie soundtracks, is in movies (albeit cameo appearances) etc. No one is perfect or totally virtuous as they were in 1994.
    gotID wrote:
    Probably not much different. It seemed pretty obvious what happened in the band with Ed. I'm sure Dave A. is/was not a saint, but things could/should have been handled better by Ed.

Alot has changed since then, Ed and Beth fidelity issues, Ed marries a supermodel, does movie soundtracks, is in movies (albeit cameo appearances) etc. No one is perfect or totally virtuous as they were in 1994.

Not sure who you are... but I know you are closer to the source than me.

**edit**

Just for the record...I have to ask....

Are there any "models" left? Isn't Ed's significant other a *model*?

There are models and then there are Supermodels. He didn't marry Naomi, Kate, Giselle, Tyra, Elle, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, etc...

May be called splitting hairs. But I think there's a difference. I mean is a guy who plays locally in a band and has some notoriety in the Philly/Baltimore/DC area a rock star?
  • gotIDgotID Posts: 9
    suppafreak wrote:
    Not sure who you are... but I know you are closer to the source than me.

Not at all. I just know a few things as they were back in the day. You know, people who know people. Anyway, it seems that things get blown out of proportion concerning Dave A. and the band.

I know a lot of people bag on Dave because of their affiliation/affection for Ed. Obviously, Ed really never liked Dave and felt he was not long for the PJ world even after he was originally hired. It just seems that Dave never really fit with Ed especially when he (Ed) became more image conscious with the band around 1993 and 1994. I don't think Dave was wanting to be so much a "rock star" as most think, I think he just wasn't as agreeable with Ed on being the sullen punk rock band and going underground. He felt they should be more like U2 than Fugazzi in 1994. Moving forward with their music and not taking a step back. He wasn't the only one either. There was some pretty good stress in the band in 1995 even after Dave left. But Ed always gets his way and the rest in history.

Not sure about the "supermodel" versus the "model" classification. All I know is that she is not chopped liver for sure. She is a very pretty girl.....and tall.
    Ed seems happy and they have a gorgeous little "model" to boot.