A waterslide with a loop on it

2»

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i went on two family vacations to myrtle beach when i was like 11 and 13, and i went on this thing constantly. scared the shit out of me! it's still the word's tallest tubular slide. all black tubes, couldn't see a thing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickyoats/399180751/
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Found this today.......not quite as cool as those pictures but still pretty cool

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0TGmBrYpZag
    that looks awesome!!

the best waterslide ive ever been on was that huge one at "blizzard beach" in disney world... got alot of water up my ass but it was worth it

and this "action park" explains alot about new jerseyans :p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I dont know what the best waterslide it that I have been on.......probably something at Schlitterbahn in Texas. Nothing I have been on compares to those slides at Action Park though, if it was still open........I would plan a vacation there.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    i went on two family vacations to myrtle beach when i was like 11 and 13, and i went on this thing constantly. scared the shit out of me! it's still the word's tallest tubular slide. all black tubes, couldn't see a thing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickyoats/399180751/

That ride needs an elevator
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/wathell/Picture003.jpg

This has to be the raddest thing ever, I would give anything to ride this just once

That looks like total fun...I've been on one similar...I love those things!! There is a waterpark in New Braunfels, Tx called Schlitterbahn, it's a resort. IT's fun as hell!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
    That looks like total fun...I've been on one similar...I love those things!! There is a waterpark in New Braunfels, Tx called Schlitterbahn, it's a resort. IT's fun as hell!

I doubt you have been on a similar one, this is the only true looping waterslide.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I never made it to Action PArk but I wish I did. I'd see the comercials every summer as a kid but my parents wouldn't take me. I never asked I guess but that's not the point.

This was my favorite water ride of all time though. HydroForce at Darien Lake. Totally badass.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10601589@N02/6167770460/

The drop was a hell of a lot steeper that it looks in that photo and you'd end up skipping across the lake for a few hundred feet. 8-)
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Hilarious that this thread popped up. I never saw it before.

I had been to Action Park in the past. Prob around 93/94. It was as bad as it seems.
    I almost became a casualty on the River Rapids tube. One of those large floats that holds 8-12 people on top. I fell off the side of the raft and was dragged underneath the raft by the current. My skin literally scraped against the concrete bottom of the chute and I tried to punch the raft above me to let the people on top I was underneath. LOL. I was trapped under the water for what seemed like a long time.

Also the vertical slides there were no joke. You would be airborne for a second or so until your body landed back onto the slide. You also got an aenima from the speed every single time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Hilarious that this thread popped up. I never saw it before.

I had been to Action Park in the past. Prob around 93/94. It was as bad as it seems.
    I almost became a casualty on the River Rapids tube. One of those large floats that holds 8-12 people on top. I fell off the side of the raft and was dragged underneath the raft by the current. My skin literally scraped against the concrete bottom of the chute and I tried to punch the raft above me to let the people on top I was underneath. LOL. I was trapped under the water for what seemed like a long time.

Also the vertical slides there were no joke. You would be airborne for a second or so until your body landed back onto the slide. You also got an aenima from the speed every single time.

SOunds like a good time! :lol:
  • Anyone else think this would make an excellent movie? What a premise. 'Danger Park'.
    This would make a great movie. Really, someone needs to write it. I love how the owners never quite get in any trouble for the safety hazards.

"The park entertained over a million visitors a year, with as many as 12,000 coming on some of the busiest weekends. Park officials said this made the injury and death rate statistically insignificant. Nevertheless, the director of the emergency room at a nearby hospital said they treated from five to ten victims of park accidents on some of the busiest days, and the park eventually bought the township of Vernon extra ambulances to keep up with the volume." :lol: Classic :lol::lol:
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I can't believe people are talking about action park!! In dirty jersey!!! From 96-08 my dad and I owned a service station in north jersey right on 23 north heading towards action park! Every fucken day long people would pull in and ask which ways action park??? Straight up 23 north is what I'd say over and over and over again. Then I met a cool guy who turns out was running the park while he was in high school. Fucken kid was making cash all through high school. Sad to say I never went there. Now it's gone but there's a ski resort. Fucken jersey has it all! Or had it all......
    badbrains wrote:
    I can't believe people are talking about action park!! In dirty jersey!!! From 96-08 my dad and I owned a service station in north jersey right on 23 north heading towards action park! Every fucken day long people would pull in and ask which ways action park??? Straight up 23 north is what I'd say over and over and over again. Then I met a cool guy who turns out was running the park while he was in high school. Fucken kid was making cash all through high school. Sad to say I never went there. Now it's gone but there's a ski resort. Fucken jersey has it all! Or had it all......

A kid in high school was running Action Park? :lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The insurance premium must have been out the ass.

If I could go back there right now, I wouldnt have the balls to go on 75% of the rides.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Good listening if you have the time. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkmI9xZXQjo
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    DS1119 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Ya DS, believe it or not. The kid was making $$$$ too. Guy turned out to be awesome at shit like that. He's working for some mountain resort in Colorado now.
    badbrains wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Ya DS, believe it or not. The kid was making $$$$ too. Guy turned out to be awesome at shit like that. He's working for some mountain resort in Colorado now.

That's kind of cool but scary at the same time. :lol:
  • And they didn't give a shit about underage alcohol sales!

Wow!
    And they didn't give a shit about underage alcohol sales!

Wow!

Might have made me ask my parents to take me there. :fp:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    This may have been the coolest thing ever where it was dangerous or not. Might I add that it is at the coolest waterpark ever. I am laughing like crazy at this article right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park
    :lol: :fp: Holyshit, that Wikipedia entry is hilarious! All the details about each attraction in the waterpark is just a detailed description of how outrageously dangerous they were! It sounds like if you went there all you would hear and see is throngs of people screaming and panicking. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata