The Talk .

2»

Comments

• yep, you were damned if you did and damned if you didn't. I solved the problem by wearing ENORMOUS sweatshirts at all times and when it was too hot layering tshirts. not a good solution.

and yeah, I stopped growing when I was 12. When I am at my perfect weight, I am the exact same size I was when I was in 7th grade.

When I am at mine, I can wear my 8th grade graduation dress...lol. But, it's a bit short. ;)
  • When I am at mine, I can wear my 8th grade graduation dress...lol. But, it's a bit short. ;)

oh god I wouldn't ever *want* to put on my 8th grade graduation dress...my grandmother has a picture of it...I think it had shoulder pads.
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    height goes, I was the third tallest girl in my class for like 3 months at the beginning of 6th grade, lol.

UGH i remember that i was the tallest kid let alone girl in my class through 8th grade when boys finally started catching up but i'm 5'9" so i'm still taller than alot of guys
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • jojo wrote:
    UGH i remember that i was the tallest kid let alone girl in my class through 8th grade when boys finally started catching up but i'm 5'9" so i'm still taller than alot of guys

I was the tallest person in the class all through elementary. the doctor once estimated that *I* would be about 5'9". I was very excited. this doctor, apparently, didn't understand the concept of early development very well, because I reached my adult height in 6th grade- 5'3.5"-and suddenly became the shortest kid from then on.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    damm girls have it way harder than us guys by the responses that seals it for me glad my wife will have the talk with my daughter ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Ah the talk :) I remember it well. My dad told me a few synonyms for cock that I didn't know yet, explained stuff that I knew but in more detail, then we went to see Men In Black. fun day :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    My mom just noted one day that since we were reading youth mags (there are sections relating to sex and questions that arise at a certain age in those around here) anyway, we probably knew more than her, but if we had questions we could ask any time :D
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Lol, I never got a talk. I wouldn't even know where to begin with my son if I ever had one. Everything I learned was from school. Then when I was 15 and my mom was pregnant she asked me if I knew how that happened and I said yes and that was it.
    Happiness is only real when shared
    very surprized at how many folks didn't ever get the talk me included all this time and now i realize that THE TALK has allways been a myth ,but after last night my son can come to me with any ??? and we can at least comunicate in regards to his personal life ...:D
  • damm girls have it way harder than us guys by the responses that seals it for me glad my wife will have the talk with my daughter ....

well part of it is that girls develop soooo much faster than boys. I mean most of us have to deal with changing bodies in elementary school! You're kid is 14- by 14 I'd already been "a woman" for years. So if you have a talk with girls, it's talking to a child, not a teenager.
    well part of it is that girls develop soooo much faster than boys. I mean most of us have to deal with changing bodies in elementary school! You're kid is 14- by 14 I'd already been "a woman" for years. So if you have a talk with girls, it's talking to a child, not a teenager.

yup totally agree with that cause i just have to look at my daughter and realize that your correct ,damm time is going by to fast i'm starting to freak out a bit .....:(
  • gobrowns19 wrote:
    Lol, I never got a talk. I wouldn't even know where to begin with my son if I ever had one. Everything I learned was from school. Then when I was 15 and my mom was pregnant she asked me if I knew how that happened and I said yes and that was it.

i like to think i taught you all you know
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    i like to think i taught you all you know

You did, you did. ;):D
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    my dad had the talk with my brother not too long ago but it didn't to as planned. My dad got all nervous and started yelling at my brother saying "when a girl says no it means no. NO MEANS NO!!!!!!!!!!" apparently he just kept saying no means no and didn't say anything else. My brother came home and asked my mom if dad thought he was a rapist. Haha. Worst talk ever
    Hahahaha my face is beaming after reading that! :D so funny, thanks GS

had to tell my workmate too, who is now also cracking up. you've bought joy to our workplace :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • we can at least comunicate in regards to his personal life ...:D

and that right there is invaluable.

good for you taking the time to talk to your son
    and give him the facts.
    Nice shirt.
    and that right there is invaluable.

good for you taking the time to talk to your son
    and give him the facts.

your right about that at first he looked at me with a puzzled look untill i told him that all men go thru the same aspect of exploring our selves that put him at ease immediatly ,he was able to open up to me with out me having to prod him we just talked i can honestly say it made feel so good that i know he can come to me with any ?? from now on ....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    good for you jose.....i probably would have laughed my ass off if my dad tried the talk......:)
  • your right about that at first he looked at me with a puzzled look untill i told him that all men go thru the same aspect of exploring our selves that put him at ease immediatly ,he was able to open up to me with out me having to prod him we just talked i can honestly say it made feel so good that i know he can come to me with any ?? from now on ....

there is no replacement for open and honest communication.

the lesson you taught your son, not to be embarrassed, that everyone
    is interested in and has sex, will last him a lifetime.

i admire anyone who has kids who are honest with them,
    not an easy task, especially in the teenage years.

good job.
    Nice shirt.
    cutback wrote:
    good for you jose.....i probably would have laughed my ass off if my dad tried the talk......:)

i hear you i thought he would put a stop sign up to me but he reacted very well and it probably is because i wasn't asking for him to give me detailed info just what he new and i told him about things he should know for future reference ....:D
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    any updates jose?? ;)