Options

who will agree the Grand Rapids, MI show in '06 was BADASS

2»

Comments

• Options
    Definitely one of my favorite show I've ever been too... I gave up my 3rd row seat to my best friend. He had been supposed to see PJ a few times before and kept getting shipped off to war right before the shows. So for his first show I gave him my seat and he tossed the "Veterans for Ed" sign on stage and they dedicated Army Reserve to him. What a memorable first show for him, ey??? Amazing night.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Jesika537 wrote:
    Definitely one of my favorite show I've ever been too... I gave up my 3rd row seat to my best friend. He had been supposed to see PJ a few times before and kept getting shipped off to war right before the shows. So for his first show I gave him my seat and he tossed the "Veterans for Ed" sign on stage and they dedicated Army Reserve to him. What a memorable first show for him, ey??? Amazing night.

Awesome! Me and my friends were standing right next to him and some people outside the Van Andel. Were you one of them? I remember a girl he was with broke a heel on one of her shoes and was pretty pissed, lol. One of my friends made a comment that you should have done "VEDDerans for Ed" or something like that.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    With all the stupid rumours on the board lately it is good to see a thread like this. That night was perfect!!! Now lets begin the play "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" at Grand Rapids in the summer of 2008 campaign now.
    Indy 2000
    Detroit 2000
    Indy 2003
    Detroit I 2003
    Detroit II 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
  • Options
    ereeper wrote:
    With all the stupid rumours on the board lately it is good to see a thread like this. That night was perfect!!! Now lets begin the play "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" at Grand Rapids in the summer of 2008 campaign now.

hell yeah man, the beer helped but i was on cloud 9 that whole damn show. i second the "the wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald" thing, haha. good fuckin' times.
  • Options
    good show, sat 2nd row mikes side thanks to someone with a lower # then me

I had 2 extra tickets that I got with my 10c # that were around 10-15 rows back in the middle and I think I ended giving both away for like $40.00 as the show wasn't sold out and I wanted to go in to get to my seats
  • Options
    great show, front row on stones side. great show.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    i would have paid a gazzillion dollars to see some of the reactions of people who sit in the first fucking row for every show .................

when they received their tickets.....and they were up in the balcony....

that had to be fucking priceless......

My favorite is from the Gorge I 06 show.

"All the people in the front...
    All the people in the front...
    Look at the people in the back!
    LOOK at the PEOPLE in the BACK!!!!!" (because they were actually dancing/moving/reacting)
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    I think the only other show I went to that was better was Grand Rapids 04.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    i would have paid a gazzillion dollars to see some of the reactions of people who sit in the first fucking row for every show .................

Yeah, it was priceless. After getting my tickets I ran into another 10 Club member who "always got seats in the 5th row" and they were stuck near the back of the 10 Club seating.

That's why the crowd had so much energy in Grand Rapids, from 10 Club mixing up the ticket distribution. They should do it more often.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Yeah, it was priceless. After getting my tickets I ran into another 10 Club member who "always got seats in the 5th row" and they were stuck near the back of the 10 Club seating.

That's why the crowd had so much energy in Grand Rapids, from 10 Club mixing up the ticket distribution. They should do it more often.

It should be an exclusive Grand Rapids thing. That would be pretty cool, hehe.
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Awesome! Me and my friends were standing right next to him and some people outside the Van Andel. Were you one of them? I remember a girl he was with broke a heel on one of her shoes and was pretty pissed, lol. One of my friends made a comment that you should have done "VEDDerans for Ed" or something like that.

That was me with the broken heel!!! Turned out to be a great night broken heel and all...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,569
    great show, front row on stones side. great show.

my brother and i must have been a few seats to the left of you in the front row, between Ed and Stone,...the "tambourine boys" :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Anyone who got to be there is rather lucky. I agree, it really does kick ass. It's funny because I too was just listening to that show the other day.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    Jesika537 wrote:
    That was me with the broken heel!!! Turned out to be a great night broken heel and all...

Lol! That is so cool!
  • Options
    One of my favorite bootlegs. Incredible setlist!! Around the bend, Parting Ways...shit I love those songs.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    "Grand Rapids, Who Knew?"
    Perfect words from Eddie. It was surreal. I do think the ticket screw up had the fans in the first 10-15 rows bouncing up and down like crazy mofo's.
    The end of Alive was so ridiculously long....just the whole thing. I can't see them not doing Grand Rapids on the next tour. The 04 show in the warehouse type thing they call the Deltaplex was also insane, but this show was even more incredible.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options

No doubt. Kinda makes you wonder whether it was done intentionally. I hope it was.

Yeah, at the first Gorge show in '06, the people on the floor really were lame. I was row 9, and people were rather motionless. I'm sure the heat didn't help, but still.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    i own most of the boots on my comp, but grand rapids def gets the most spins for the 06 tour.....the opening song is amazing, the version of daughter is one of my fav ever....glad to hear you all had such a great time there!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i've been startin to go thru the 2006 boots, it was grand rapids turn today

the first encore is amazing, great show/crowd/vibe

pistons won, pistons chant during why go!

beauty
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Dude, I wish I was at this show (DVD is the shit)!!!!!!!!! This is the most underated show since the Champaign Illinois Assembly Hall show where they opened up with DTE.