Options

UFC 79: Georges St-Pierre Vs. Matt Hughes III & Chuck Liddell Vs. Wanderlei Silva

Comments

• Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    i was about to say the same thing, releash. definitive round three all ben. dan didn't have much to offer but his strength. ben looked impressive. at 24, and 6'3"...and continuing to train at ATT...look out ww's! :D seriously, though, he has some serious potential.

edit: seriously...:D

seriously?!! ;):D

I must be seriously rubbing off on you.
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    seriously?!! ;):D

reading the last sentence to myself made me laugh...seriously. :D i didn't realize i'd used the same word twice in the same sentence.

so, yes, seriously! :D
  • Options
    YAY George!! Pretty nice Rear naked choke
  • Options
    completely one sided! excellent back control shown by george. great showing from him and a beautiful victory.
  • Options
    sweet! a pre-lim coming up next. troy vs. richie. expect punches. ;)
  • Options
    This one must be a great fight to be shown during main card.
  • Options
    Beautiful knockout by Troy. I can't believe Hightower wasn't dropped by that punch in the first round.
  • Options
    very entertaining round. both guys very willing to exchange, aside from some time spent in the clinch against the fence. troy knocks richie out with a job! he landed several seemingly harder shots earlier, but richie was tough. troy took some good ones early too.
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    Beautiful knockout by Troy. I can't believe Hightower wasn't dropped by that punch in the first round.

yeah, both guys landed some strikes that i thought might end the fight. you're right about that one on hightower. the knee was flush too.
  • Options
    umm ... I don't know if you get the same commercials that I do, mooks, but what the heck was that one just now with the two guys and the guns? That was just disturbing.
  • Options
    Okay last second change. I'm going with Warmachine
  • Options
    pretty uneventful round, but i'd have to give it to war machine. not sure if this bout will continue...

gun commercial? don't think so...lots of video games and radio station ads...
  • Options
    pretty uneventful round, but i'd have to give it to war machine. not sure if this bout will continue...

gun commercial? don't think so...lots of video games and radio station ads...

pretty bloody fight but not nearly as bad as that one with Edwin Dewees.

Be very glad you missed that commerical. It was just wrong in so many ways
  • Options
    i hope i'm not seeing it and not being bothered by it! :D

better second, especially toward the end. this is quite a mess now...
  • Options
    holy shit! i feel like crying for war machine!. what a sudden comeback! :eek:
  • Options
    WOW WHAT AN INSANE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Both guys fought really well. I don't know how Koppenhaver had the energy to finish JRock off. Good on 'em!
  • Options
    holy shit! i feel like crying for war machine!. what a sudden comeback! :eek:

+1!!
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    WOW WHAT AN INSANE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Both guys fought really well. I don't know how Koppenhaver had the energy to finish JRock off. Good on 'em!

that definitely made up for the first round! both guys exhausted, so i was wondering the same...how did war machine get it going enough to finish it!?! just when rogan was talking about how little he had left too.

crazy! :D
  • Options
    i hope i'm not seeing it and not being bothered by it! :D

hahahaha ... I'm sure you would have been bothered if you had seen it.
  • Options
    danzig!!! he managed to do what the other guys on the show couldn't and gets tommy to tap. mac looked great. good for him and he'll look even better at LW.
  • Options
    DANZIG!!!!j!! He looked amazing!! I am so happy for him. and seeing he and Gray Maynard together is pretty much my dream come true!!j

and now another prelim!!!!
  • Options
    ceg was right . . . kolosci does have more tattoos every time he takes his shirt off
  • Options
    Impressive armbar submission win for arroyo
  • Options
    nice display of submissions by arroyo. great awareness and positioning to use the fence and wall walk up it while on his back and transition into the armbar! :eek: very slick submission. :)

huerta vs. guida still to come! been a good night already.
  • Options
    damn! i forgot to come post my "i predict the guy in the orange shorts will win" comment before the arroyo and kolosci fight. i don't like to miss an opportunity to make a cheesy joke!
  • Options
    I agree with you mookie . . . pretty great fights tonight. better than the last ppv event.

huerta v. guida should be a fantastic one. here we go!!!
  • Options
    damn! i forgot to come post my "i predict the guy in the orange shorts will win" comment before the arroyo and kolosci fight. i don't like to miss an opportunity to make a cheesy joke!

:D;) your cheesy joke still made me smile after the fact mooks
  • Options
    wow! no let down so far!

great round. what an exciting fight. both guys working their own game very well. roger is so good as spinning out of bad positions, and so is clay. this is great!
  • Options
    wow great first round!! fantastic ground work by both guys!
  • Options
    this is just incredible! i'm speechless!