Options

UFC 78: Michael Bisping Vs. Rashad Evans / TUF: Team Hughes Vs. Team Serra

Comments

• Options
    all the fighters make weight for the show tomorrow...

Michael Bisping (205) vs. Rashad Evans (206)
    Houston Alexander (203) vs. Thiago Silva (204)
    Joe Doerksen (185) vs. Ed Herman (185)
    Ryo Chonan (169) vs. Karo Parisyan (170)
    Frankie Edgar (154) vs. Spencer Fisher (154.5)
    Thiago Alves (171) vs. Chris Lytle (170.5)
    Joe Lauzon (155) vs. Jason Reinhardt (155)
    Marcus Aurelio (156) vs. Luke Caudillo (155)
    Akihiro Gono (169) vs. Tamdan McCrory (170)
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I like Bisping, but I just think Rashard Evans has too much for him to handle - KO in 2nd RD...
  • Options
    I like Bisping, but I just think Rashard Evans has too much for him to handle - KO in 2nd RD...

i'd be inclined to agree. evans by decision was my pick, but i wouldn't be surprised if you're right with the ko prediction.

hope it's a good one. :)
  • Options
    ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    argughaghad!! :( Things have been crazy so I still haven't had time to watch this week's TUF episode. Hopefully tomorrow before UFC 78.

I haven't even thought about my predictions yet, mookie, but I'll try to get them in before the show starts. Bisping better be more prepared for Evans than he was for Hamill otherwise this could be a short main event.
  • Options
    hope you get a chance to watch the episode today, releash. sorry about the spoilers...oops...:)

if you're too scared to make predictions this time, that's cool. :D just kidding, of course. some of these matches are so close to call, eh? anyway, good luck on the picks and getting some free time today.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'd be inclined to agree. evans by decision was my pick, but i wouldn't be surprised if you're right with the ko prediction.

hope it's a good one. :)
    Oh, I definately hope that it is a good fight - but I hate decisions. I know it is part of the game, but I think everyone wants to see a KO one way or the other...
  • Options
    #78 on PPV. Locked in and good to go!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Oh, I definately hope that it is a good fight - but I hate decisions. I know it is part of the game, but I think everyone wants to see a KO one way or the other...

both of these guys are probably hoping the judges won't be involved this time, i'm sure...especially given the outcome of both their last fights. i'm with you on the decision thing as i'm sure most people are. a definitive ending to the fight is always more satisfying. personally, i'm more fond of a submission finish, but a good ko finish is indeed better than a decision any day. ;)

seems like today is taking forever! let's start the show! :D
  • Options
    #78 on PPV. Locked in and good to go!

+1 :D

now...just waiting...
  • Options
    hope you get a chance to watch the episode today, releash. sorry about the spoilers...oops...:)

if you're too scared to make predictions this time, that's cool. :D just kidding, of course. some of these matches are so close to call, eh? anyway, good luck on the picks and getting some free time today.

I finally got to see the TUF episode. Wow, what a take down defense and sprawl from Mac! :D

I'm watching the UFC 78 countdown right now. Happy to see some commentary from Greg Jackson, but what's with the weird announcer guy voice over?

me scared?! never! even though you have been kicking my butt lately with the picks! ;) Some of these are very close to call, but here's what I'm thinking.

Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans .... Evans by tko
    Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva .... Alexander by tko
    Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman .... Herman by tko
    Ryo Chonan vs. Karo Parisyan .... Chonan by tko
    Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher .... Fisher by decision
    Thiago Alves vs. Chris Lytle .... Alves by submission
    Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt .... Lauzon by decision
    Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo .... Aurelio by submission
    Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory ..... Gono by tko
  • Options
    i joke, i joke, i kid, i kid...:D

surely you're ahead on the picks. i haven't been keeping track, but i thought you beat me pretty good on a few of them. oh well, all in good fun...though we are at odds on about half of the show tonight. that's the kind of card this one is, though, and that can make for a good night of matches.

that voiceover was weird, eh? it kind of reminded me of "nfl films" with the guys talking about old super bowls and stuff. i wonder if it was the same guy they use for their ads because he had the same kind of tone only he seemed slowed down by about 50%.

only a couple of hours to go...damn i wish we could see the pre-lims! gono's sure to make a flashy entrance and the height differential alone makes that one interesting. clash of styles in aurelio vs. caudillo, lauzon and reinhardt could be a very good fight and joe is always exciting to watch, and alves vs. lytle!! great potential for the pre-lims so i'm hoping to see one or two. :)
  • Options
    as always, i couldn't resist checking out the results from the pre-lims...no decisions. :)

so the countdown is on, pre-lims are done and if the trend continues the judges can take the night off and we can see some extra fights!
  • Options
    as always, i couldn't resist checking out the results from the pre-lims...no decisions. :)

so the countdown is on, pre-lims are done and if the trend continues the judges can take the night off and we can see some extra fights!

not so much for the delayed gratification, eh mook?! ;)
  • Options
    ReleasH wrote:
    not so much for the delayed gratification, eh mook?! ;)

i guess not, eh? :D
  • Options
    i guess not, eh? :D

Well here comes some instant gratification. :)

I would love to see the prelim match between Alves and Lytle. Since there were no decisions, I'm hopeful we'll get one match.

And I haven't been keeping track either, but if recent memory serves me correctly then you've been on a hot streak with the predictions. We are at odds on a few fights tonight ...mostly because as you say the fights tonight are so closely matched. I'm looking forward to Houston Alexander v. Thiago Silva the most. It was really hard for me to pick this one. Honestly I think it will be whoever can land the right punch/kick/knee first because both have the potential to finish fights.
  • Options
    definitely want to se the alves vs. lytle match!

...:confused:...i have spanish again for some reason...hmmm..

this first one should be a doozie, and you're right on about the silva / alexander fight. flip a coin there. :D
  • Options
    Houston Alexander looks pretty savage.

I think Evans has it going on as well.

I think both will win their matches.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    well I hope it changes back to English soon. And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have a cable/power outage this time!

I agree with Joe Rogan ... awesome entrance music for Spencer Fisher
  • Options
    yeah, good taste with the kudos to johnny cash. :) i disagree with what he's saying about frankie working from the full guard, though. he's effective from there. great first round for him. that second takedown was more like a throw down. crazy arm crank attempt by spencer at one point, but otherwise all edgar.
  • Options
    second round a little more stale than the first, but edgar continues to overwhelm spencer. this isn't quite the fight i expected so far, but frankie is dominating with his wrestling.
  • Options
    yeah, good taste with the kudos to johnny cash. :) i disagree with what he's saying about frankie working from the full guard, though. he's effective from there. great first round for him. that second takedown was more like a throw down. crazy arm crank attempt by spencer at one point, but otherwise all edgar.

I think Frankie was doing the best he could from full guard. Fisher is just very off his back, so it's hard to do a ton of damage.

Definitely round 1 and 2 to Edgar.

Can you hear Matt Serra in the background? I'm heard "and you're breathin'" at one point in the first round. ;)
  • Options
    how many takedowns was that?

man...

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    yeah, i heard the "breathing" thing too. :D

should be an easy one for the judges to score. not as much action as i thought that fight would provide, but still a convincing win for edgar.
  • Options
    how many takedowns was that?

man...

like it was nothing, eh?
  • Options
    like it was nothing, eh?

Just flopping him all over the place like a rag doll.

not bad at all for a short kid from Jersey

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    yeah, i heard the "breathing" thing too. :D

should be an easy one for the judges to score. not as much action as i thought that fight would provide, but still a convincing win for edgar.

Edgar was definitely the victor in this one. I was actually happy to have a judge give him a 10-8 round. I don't judges do that enough when one fighter is obviously dominant.
  • Options
    where is ceg tonight?! :( Doesn't seem right without her.
  • Options
    That triangle was TIGHT! Herman was very lucky the round ended. I'm very impressed with how much Herman has improved.
  • Options
    holy saved by the bell flip flop match

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    i was surprised that ed was so dominant on the ground in the first. nice work there, but i thought he was done for at the end of the second. if he had two or three more seconds...damn!

ed wins it on the feet in the end!