Options

ATTENTION - Eddie Vedder Solo IS NOT Pearl Jam

2»

Comments

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    He's plays their heaviest song- Lukin

Don't forget that he has also played "Porch" on this "Into the Wild" tour. I witnessed that in San Diego, night 1. It's not the same as the full-on jam with the other members of Pearl Jam, but appreciated by me, just the same.

I'll be there tomorrow night in Chicago to see Eddie for my much-needed musical therapy....I know what to expect and I can't wait. :)
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    Ed will do this and ed wont do that and ed wants this and that. Who are you? his official spokesperson?

He actually played an acoustic version of PORCH last night that was awesome. HARD SUN was not mellow at all. It was all good.

He wanted people to stand a few times cuz he said so. He also wanted us to sing along at times. Most of us were pretty respectful of him. But I could see that he was terribly annoyed by the 1/2 dozen people out of all that were dumbasses.

This is based on what I experienced last night.

Yes I am his official spokesperson.

Jesus people!! It's just common sense! I was being overly blatent because some people just don't get it. One person is not 6 people with 6 instruments. If Eddie tried to play Jeremy by himself, not only would it be stripped down the basics and probably not that good, but it would not satisfy the people yelling for it. I am not trying to be demanding, or claiming to know what Eddie wishes and desires. It's just obvious, especially when Eddie vocalizes his wishes. It's called SOCIAL BOUNDRIES and POLITENESS. I guess certain Pearl Jam fans are less educated than I thought. Or just sloppy drunken alcoholics.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    OceansJenny = advanced-level white person.

Want to read my poem about global warming?

And, do you like Coldplay? Grocery Co-ops? New Balance shoews?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    If Eddie tried to play Jeremy by himself, not only would it be stripped down the basics and probably not that good, but it would not satisfy the people yelling for it.

If you are a casual fan of Pearl Jam and notice that EV is coming to your local area for a performance, you may go in not knowing what to expect.

This concert is for everyone...not just 10C fans, not just "die-hards"...everyone.

In that bunch, you're going to have some casual fans that came to hear "Jeremy" or didn't realize that he released solo material last year.

Again, curb alcohol sales...and it can be done...I've been to at least one concert (not EV) where alcohol was not for sale...and you'll see this problem settle down.

I don't condone disrespectful fans, but they're out there. The artist, venue and security should come up with a plan of action to avert this kind of action.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,694
    Ed will do this and ed wont do that and ed wants this and that. Who are you? his official spokesperson?

He actually played an acoustic version of PORCH last night that was awesome. HARD SUN was not mellow at all. It was all good.

He wanted people to stand a few times cuz he said so. He also wanted us to sing along at times. Most of us were pretty respectful of him. But I could see that he was terribly annoyed by the 1/2 dozen people out of all that were dumbasses.

This is based on what I experienced last night.

Certain portions of the show welcome the crowd to get up, sing-a-long sure...

But "Dead Man"??? why people feel the need to start a clap along to that one is beyond me...It's not exactly a happy shiny get up and rock type tune.

This acoustic show thing really isn't a very hard concept to grasp. No one is saying that you can't clap, sing, and have fun.

The point is...You have to be respectful of the people around you that are there to hear Eddie.

If you are standing up while everyone else is sitting...screaming at the top of your lungs, acting like a crack driven spazz, you may end up pissing others around you off.

The thing about these venues is that they are really small. They aren't arenas. Ed is just up their with an acoustic guitar. The sound coming from the stage is alot quieter than at a regular full blown arena show by Pearl Jam.

Your voice will carry alot more and it may not be (no matter what your voice sounds like) welcomed by others around you.

Yelling out requests for Pearl Jam songs that Eddie didn't even write is another story altogether. It's stupid, pointless, and just plain ignorant.

If Eddie wanted you to write the setlist for him...He'd ask for your opinion.

Just be curtious of others around you. We're all fans, we all payed money, some of us came from miles away to see these shows. This may be a once and a lifetime deal.

Let's all walk away from this with a good experience right?
  • Options
    I've been to at least one concert (not EV) where alcohol was not for sale

FUCK THAT!!!

you saw Hanson??hehehehehe-HAHA!! :D
  • Options
    FUCK THAT!!!

Actually, I want to say it was AC/DC. Some of the members were trying to sober up and asked the venue not to allow sales of alcohol.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Actually, I want to say it was AC/DC. Some of the members were trying to sober up and asked the venue not to allow sales of alcohol.

PBM

no shit. Ac/Dc! the "sober up tour" :)

bet the fans were not happy about that!
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764

Jesus people!! It's just common sense! I was being overly blatent because some people just don't get it. One person is not 6 people with 6 instruments. If Eddie tried to play Jeremy by himself, not only would it be stripped down the basics and probably not that good, but it would not satisfy the people yelling for it. I am not trying to be demanding, or claiming to know what Eddie wishes and desires. It's just obvious, especially when Eddie vocalizes his wishes. It's called SOCIAL BOUNDRIES and POLITENESS. I guess certain Pearl Jam fans are less educated than I thought. Or just sloppy drunken alcoholics.

Im going to yell, "CUBS SUCK" between every song.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Love this!!

BTW- do you have a story to go with (met Ed!)??
    Obvious? Aparently not to a good portion of people attending his shows.

Ed will not play heavy Pearl Jam songs
    Ed will play few Pearl Jam songs if any
    Ed doesn't want to hear your song requests
    Ed wants you to sit down
    Ed will do a lot of talking and if you know anything about Ed, you should expect this (and like it, in my opinion)
    You will not be able to "rock out"
    Ed and everyone else wants you to SHUT UP!

Eddie Vedder IS NOT Pearl Jam. He will not play Alive and Evenflow. If this is new to you, please sell your ticket to someone who knows the show will be MELLOW and ACOUSTIC (mostly).
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    bet the fans were not happy about that!

I wasn't. I was 19 and wanted my older friends to buy me beer. ;)

PBM

• Options
    upina2001 wrote:
    Im going to yell, "CUBS SUCK" between every song.

:D:D
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    OceansJenny = advanced-level white person.

Want to read my poem about global warming?

And, do you like Coldplay? Grocery Co-ops? New Balance shoews?

You're critizing me for being polite at Ed's show, and not being a drunken fool? I'm not claiming to be elitist, I'm just saying whats obvious is obvious is obvious. If people can't figure out the obvious, they must be socially inept. Or stupid. Pick your choice.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    Love this!!

BTW- do you have a story to go with (met Ed!)??

I met Ed with about 30 other people, we've all posted portions of our experience in the DC 2 fanviews thread :)
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    fanch75 wrote:
    Someone should get shitfaced on natty light and yell for him to play covers of Dokken songs all night.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

I'll do it if someone gives me a ticket :)
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options

Actually just stripped down and re-arranged to a slower tempo Jermey might be pretty dam cool if Ed did it solo.

Honestly bro, get a grip. Quit the elitist crap cause all you do is end up sounding like is a stuck up J-Off.

It is a freaking concert, get over yourself and stop letting the things you have no control over bother you. Ed can fend for himself I am sure.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    HAHAHAHAHA!!

I'll do it if someone gives me a ticket :)

I'm just imagine some dude at a Vedder show, yelling for him to play some Dokken. Fucking A. I would get that bootleg. I smile just thinking about it.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    I met Ed with about 30 other people, we've all posted portions of our experience in the DC 2 fanviews thread :)

cool- I must have only read night 1.

I am glad you posted this thread -so much is missed with the outbursts- sometimes silent appreciation is the most respectful sign of appreciation. Ed openly shows respect to all individuals and promotes other ppls talents and opinions (and the right to express them)- it is sad the ignorant cannot grasp a way to give back in a more appropriate manner...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• Options
    You are being a bit rough- seriously- it is a concert but in a performance hall not a football field. This tour/these performances aren't arena rock thus the behaviors of the attendees should reflect that.
    Actually just stripped down and re-arranged to a slower tempo Jermey might be pretty dam cool if Ed did it solo.

Honestly bro, get a grip. Quit the elitist crap cause all you do is end up sounding like is a stuck up J-Off.

It is a freaking concert, get over yourself and stop letting the things you have no control over bother you. Ed can fend for himself I am sure.

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    If people can't figure out the obvious, they must be socially inept. Or stupid.
    thats the elitist statement right there
    what is obvious to you may not be to others

thats why you are getting flamed a bit

the majority of the audience is not made up of hardcore fanatical fans that hang on every note played or sung-yelling may be their version of having a good time-for you to say they are inept or dumb for doing so..well I dont agree with that-it may be irritating, but do not expend too much negative energy on it, its just not worth it

for the record the hecklers and shouters do not annoy me anywhere near as much as the people that feel the need to constantly text or video with the damn phones, put down the phone and watch, listen or even yell-get into the show not your phone!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    thats the elitist statement right there
    what is obvious to you may not be to others

thats why you are getting flamed a bit

the majority of the audience is not made up of hardcore fanatical fans that hang on every note played or sung-yelling may be their version of having a good time-for you to say they are inept or dumb for doing so..well I dont agree with that-it may be irritating, but do not expend too much negative energy on it, its just not worth it

for the record the hecklers and shouters do not annoy me anywhere near as much as the people that feel the need to constantly text or video with the damn phones, put down the phone and watch, listen or even yell-get into the show not your phone!!!!!!!!

1. Eddie Vedder is not Pearl Jam. I'm sorry, but that's obvious. Any idiot can figure out that buying a ticket for Eddie Vedder means that the rest of the band is not coming.

2. I don't think yelling "SOBER UP EDDIE!" is a way to express positive energy. It's a way to express being immature and impolite. I learned when I was 2 that you don't speak when other people are speaking. I don't care if people cheer or even go "YEAAHHHHHH", but people at these shows were yelling words and phrases that were stupid and definitely not an expression of "having a good time" without any intention of getting Ed's attention. Thats like saying a baby cries because it's having a good time and needs to let it all out.

3. Cell phones and flashes are annoying too, but at least it doesn't interrupt and drown out Eddie and the intimate experience. You can look away from someone taking a picture. You can't turn your ears off from some idiot yelling (oh I wish I could).

If being blunt and demanding common sense from those effecting my experience/life means being elitist, then you can count in the majority of human kind. Have you ever honked your horn or yelled at someone for being in your way? Or even thought to yourself "That idiot can't @#$%ing drive!!". There are a million other cases where you wonder "Why doesn't that person have common sense". I am sure you have experienced something similar.
  • Options
    1. Eddie Vedder is not Pearl Jam. I'm sorry, but that's obvious. Any idiot can figure out that buying a ticket for Eddie Vedder means that the rest of the band is not coming.

2. I don't think yelling "SOBER UP EDDIE!" is a way to express positive energy. It's a way to express being immature and impolite. I learned when I was 2 that you don't speak when other people are speaking. I don't care if people cheer or even go "YEAAHHHHHH", but people at these shows were yelling words and phrases that were stupid and definitely not an expression of "having a good time" without any intention of getting Ed's attention. Thats like saying a baby cries because it's having a good time and needs to let it all out.

3. Cell phones and flashes are annoying too, but at least it doesn't interrupt and drown out Eddie and the intimate experience. You can look away from someone taking a picture. You can't turn your ears off from some idiot yelling (oh I wish I could).

If being blunt and demanding common sense from those effecting my experience/life means being elitist, then you can count in the majority of human kind. Have you ever honked your horn or yelled at someone for being in your way? Or even thought to yourself "That idiot can't @#$%ing drive!!". There are a million other cases where you wonder "Why doesn't that person have common sense". I am sure you have experienced something similar.

i have a great fucking suggestion...LET IT GO!!!

you'll start to feel much better as your ass untightens and you'll add a few more months to your life expectancy!! :D
  • Options
    obvious to the general population? obvious that its gonna be an intimate show? sorry but only those of us that follow closely know the details of the performance-many of my friends even asked, " does he have a band with him"

no its saying that some people may just have fun yelling-no matter what the content-it has nothing to do with positive or negative
    you are saying you have a greater right to quiet than they do to yell
    See I find the lit up screens to be much more annoying than the hooting and hollering-just goes to show you that the entire experience is subjective and you cant impose what you want for an ideal experience on a room full of 3000 individuals.
    absolutely happens to me, on a daily basis. I work in NYC.
    but I think youve got it backwards, you are in the minority, the majority has no common sense-cynical I know, but it sure seems that way

anyway, I agree that the heckling has risen to a shameful level. But its hardly common to PJ and EV, although there does seem to be a lot more of them at EV and PJ shows.

Dont let a few bad apples spoil your fun.
  • Options

you'll start to feel much better as your ass untightens

hahahaha you are on a roll today...
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,634
    Part of the reason it is still going on is that Ed has made some of these hecklers part of the show. (I agree the song request shit is out of hand, I want to hear whatever he is willing to play, let the guy decide for himself) But, like, by bringing that guy Ralph on stage to share a beer he is promoting the 'problem'. Others hear of that event and think - "Hey if I make a ruckus he will notice me and I'll get to go up on stage"

And in Berkeley he even planted a heckler in the crowd to yell "Hey Ed, who you gonna vote for ?" to which he replied "I never share my political views", while his crew carried a huge Barack Obama banner behind him and the crowd roared.
  • Options
    PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    I feel much better after I have a good crap!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    Part of the reason it is still going on is that Ed has made some of these hecklers part of the show. (I agree the song request shit is out of hand, I want to hear whatever he is willing to play, let the guy decide for himself) But, like, by bringing that guy Ralph on stage to share a beer he is promoting the 'problem'. Others hear of that event and think - "Hey if I make a ruckus he will notice me and I'll get to go up on stage"

And in Berkeley he even planted a heckler in the crowd to yell "Hey Ed, who you gonna vote for ?" to which he replied "I never share my political views", while his crew carried a huge Barack Obama banner behind him and the crowd roared.

See, he has opened the door to a lot of this. It's not entirely his fault, but at some point, if, as an artist, you're annoyed, you have to squash it.

If some yocal sees EV giving them attention, they'll want in on the action. "It's Science."

PBM

• Options
    i have a great fucking suggestion...LET IT GO!!!

you'll start to feel much better as your ass untightens and you'll add a few more months to your life expectancy!! :D

LOL, trust me I'm not that uptight, people actually call me pretty laid back, its just when I have a point to prove I drive it home.

What boggles me is why the constant yelling started now. I know its a smaller venue, but we were quiet at the Vic. Benaroya was accoustic, no annoying yelling. Other shows too. Even with the band there are times where Eddie tells a story, and people are respectful and quiet. I'm not quite sure what it is this tour; I honestly think it's because he's responding to people. I don't remember him recognizing any yelling at other shows unless it really pissed him off.