London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    hahaha. yea, definitely out...as much as i'd love it. unless i win the lottery or get a free ride, just not happening....but london, dusseldorf and nijmegen WILL be brilliant, so i AM one happy dreamer! :D

Ah fair enough. It's best to not go if you don't have the money. Unlike me. I don't have the money, but i'm going. I just can't afford to...er...do...anything! And this is after I extended my overdraft by a fair amount...

But it'll be worth it! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    :D I just had a vision of a woman with a New York accent saying the phrase 'piss-up' BAHAHAHAHAHA

Nah, I've no idea what the festivities are. I just said it 'cos it sounds a bit nicer than "kipping on Rita's sofa with the Dublin crew" ;)

And I'll agree that the foreigners are going to make this whole thing a better deal, but not so much your fine self as five and a half geezers from the pacific northwest.... y'know? :p

ha. and hey, don't ever undersell 'my fine self'...we NYers, especially me ;)....are always fun! but absolutely, those 5 wondferful men make it ALL. so yea, whatever...seeya there......:p

audiodave wrote:
    Ah fair enough. It's best to not go if you don't have the money. Unlike me. I don't have the money, but i'm going. I just can't afford to...er...do...anything! And this is after I extended my overdraft by a fair amount...

But it'll be worth it!

oh i hear ya....but just getting meself over there is a bit more strain on the pursestrings...so yea...but absolutely, SO worth it! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

OH MY GOD!

I only just remembered. I had the most terrifying dream ever last night.

I woke up...late...which in itself is usual for me. But. It was June 20th. I had missed my flight to Dusseldorf! It was horrible! BUT, the worst part is, I didn't seem to be too bothered! :eeek:

For some reason a friend of mine who has no interest in Pearl Jam was there, and I was waiting for him to get ready to come to the airport with me...maybe it was HIS fault!

oh i hear ya....but just getting meself over there is a bit more strain on the pursestrings...so yea...but absolutely, SO worth it! :)

Oh definitely. A BIT more costly tha what i'm spending. But like you said. Worth it! And who knows, you might get to meet some of us when we're sober, and we might actually remember! Surely that alone is worth the cost of the flight! But, I said might. ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

audiodave wrote:
    OH MY GOD!

I only just remembered. I had the most terrifying dream ever last night.

I woke up...late...which in itself is usual for me. But. It was June 20th. I had missed my flight to Dusseldorf! It was horrible! BUT, the worst part is, I didn't seem to be too bothered! :eeek:

For some reason a friend of mine who has no interest in Pearl Jam was there, and I was waiting for him to get ready to come to the airport with me...maybe it was HIS fault!

Oh definitely. A BIT more costly tha what i'm spending. But like you said. Worth it! And who knows, you might get to meet some of us when we're sober, and we might actually remember! Surely that alone is worth the cost of the flight! But, I said might. ;)

hahahaha. june 20th is my 15th wedding anniversary. :o i too shall be on my way to dusseldorf. as i've said, after 15 years...what better gift can a wife give her husband...then time alone? :D haha!

and...it absolutely IS worth it, no doubt!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    bump to the first page again...

morning all, Happy monday!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ha. and hey, don't ever undersell 'my fine self'...we NYers, especially me ;)....are always fun! but absolutely, those 5 wondferful men make it ALL. so yea, whatever...seeya there......:p

hey D2D... if you are slightly boring for even 8 seconds then i will be mocking you for your party tardyness :D

you're building yourself up as the party queen so heres hoping you are up for the occassion :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    bump to the first page again...

morning all, Happy monday!!

mmm....what? it's monday!? Shit i'm late for work....
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    13 weeks tonight!!!! woo-hoo!!!

Yellow Ledbetter will just be starting up right around now!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    hey D2D... if you are slightly boring for even 8 seconds then i will be mocking you for your party tardyness :D

you're building yourself up as the party queen so heres hoping you are up for the occassion :cool:

i am not 'building myself up as' anything honestly...all just a bit of fun. :p however, i do think it's not a worry, i can hold my own more often than not. if it's truly of any interest to ya, you can always ask any # of people who met me in italy.....and i am sure they'd give a pretty accurate impression, both good and bad. ;) and whether i am boring or not, i'd assume you'd be mocking me in any case...so yea...whateva.......how is that a threat? :D

anyhoo...hell yea, i am ALWAYS up for it! and get yer mind out of the gutter, as i am referring to a good evening of drink and laughs...not that. this is an all-ages forum afterall. :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i am not 'building myself up as' anything honestly...all just a bit of fun. :p however, i do think it's not a worry, i can hold my own more often than not. if it's truly of any interest to ya, you can always ask any # of people who met me in italy.....and i am sure they'd give a pretty accurate impression, both good and bad. ;) and whether i am boring or not, i'd assume you'd be mocking me in any case...so yea...whateva.......how is that a threat? :D

anyhoo...hell yea, i am ALWAYS up for it! and get yer mind out of the gutter, as i am referring to a good evening of drink and laughs...not that. this is an all-ages forum afterall. :cool:

I...uh...met you...but I don't remember...

So that means you can hold your own better than me.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

audiodave wrote:
    I...uh...met you...but I don't remember...

So that means you can hold your own better than me.

:(
    hmpf...doesn't even remember me. i remember you! and yes, i can handle my alcohol pretty damn well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• wulffeldwulffeld Posts: 31
    if it's any consolation D2D I remember you haha... sorry to interrupt the happy banter here but could someone put me on that list cuz I'm going too. I feel all left out.
    Martin http://www.setlisting.com/ Your concert history in one place.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    wulffeld wrote:
    I feel all left out.
    Get yourself on the blog then!!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=231848
    :(
    hmpf...doesn't even remember me. i remember you! and yes, i can handle my alcohol pretty damn well.

I'm kidding! I remember meeting and talking with you well. You caught me quite early on, so the alcohol had not taken it's toll! It's mostly AFTER that my memory is...a blur.

:D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

hows the badges for this event coming along?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    dunkman wrote:

yes how are they coming along ????? :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    dunkman wrote:

You're making them, aren't you? Or at least I thought you were making mine!!!! :confused:
    redrock wrote:
    You're making them, aren't you? Or at least I thought you were making mine!!!! :confused:

i believe i passed the torch to Robin as Stoney has a thread offering t-shirts and badges and i think Rob offered to do the badges :cool: i just wondered how they were doing as obviously i want to snaffle one ;)

i found out today its £52 to hire a kilt though!!!! i might try and borrow my mates drinking kilt.. it stands up on its own :)
    Then we'll have to hassle Rob... 52 to hire a kilt :eek: Get your mate to get his cleaned before you borrow it... A kilt is just not right standing on it's own... it needs to be soft and supple and sway/sashay when one moves..... :D

BTW.. wondered.. I know maybe stupid question but..... are there summer kilts that are less heavy? Or are all 'proper' kilts heavy wool?
    redrock wrote:
    Or are all 'proper' kilts heavy wool?

proper traditional ones are all same weight of wool... not having much of a summer we dont have a market for 'summer' ones :)

but lately there have been ones i've seen in edinburgh that are quite flimsy looking numbers... jet black ones and stuff... i'm sure my pal bought one from ebay for about £40 come to think of it.. i'll need to check :)
    i would still need me a sporran wee lassie :)

i'll check oot sporrans as well!!
    dunkman wrote:
    FOR HYGIENE REASONS.

I AM UNABLE TO ACCEPT ANY RETURNS ON THIS ITEM.

thats me fucked then :)

You're the kind of guy that buys something, wears it for the occasion and then returns it, saying it is the wrong size or something???
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    wulffeld wrote:
    if it's any consolation D2D I remember you haha... sorry to interrupt the happy banter here but could someone put me on that list cuz I'm going too. I feel all left out.

You're not invited.......sorry :p
    I need a coffee!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    You're the kind of guy that buys something, wears it for the occasion and then returns it, saying it is the wrong size or something???

he'll be wearing a skirt so i think stereotypical womens' behaviour is allowed ;)

is that racist, sexist, and not even funny, all at the same time ? :eek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    wulffeld wrote:

well of course! :D
    however, your username has me stumped. are you part of the 'couple' i met on the floor at one of the gigs? there were a few scandinavians in the mix...so hard to keep track. :p hahaha.

dunk, you ARE a cheap bastard...you're a scot for chrissakes....and still too cheap to buy yourself your own kilt?! :rolleyes: hmmmmmm. and yes, i DO believe neil will be there, or so he had said ages ago...dunno if anything has changed, i haven't seen him around in ages!

audiodave...alrighty then, good thing! :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

jrd wrote:
    he'll be wearing a skirt so i think stereotypical womens' behaviour is allowed ;)

is that racist, sexist, and not even funny, all at the same time ? :eek:

Yep... Damn you're good!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Yep... Damn you're good!

then i'd say my work here is done... but i reckon i'll stay around for a little bit longer... just to get really annoying... :D
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    JRD annoying??
    never......................

cough cough
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!