London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I'm back baby :D

What a fuck-tastic event it was....you lot are fuckin great.

The bro kept saying to me....how do you know him, how do you know her....and I just kept tellin him....its the PJ family my man, sharin the love ;)

I have just about got my breath back and am think that the Pearl Jam Dance Off should become an annual event :cool:

By the way...the lads kicked the giirly asses ;) (well dunk tried grabbin the girly asses but we wont talk about that)
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    I'm back baby :D

The bro kept saying to me....how do you know him, how do you know her....and I just kept tellin him....its the PJ family my man, sharin the love ;)

I have just about got my breath back and am think that the Pearl Jam Dance Off should become an annual event :cool:

By the way...the lads kicked the giirly asses ;) (well dunk tried grabbin the girly asses but we wont talk about that)
    Great to meet ya my man.. shame I missed the dancin'

Here's to many many more over the years!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I can't believe I missed Al in a dance-off :(
    Next time Al, I'll challenge you myself so I won't miss it again :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm back baby

I have just about got my breath back and am think that the Pearl Jam Dance Off should become an annual event

Was great to see you again :D and great to meet the bro ,,, you get to the airport on time? :p

... have to say V gave you lads a run for your money in the dance off :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:

i think i reached a new low.. doing obsene shadow puppets on a poor girl standing minding her own business.

your bro's wriggly salmon thing he did on the floor was a highlight for me.. and when i told him you had a myspace site and he was aghast!!!! "a feckin myspace site... he never told me that" :D:D

thinking back... met some great folks and i keep remembering things that i had forgot about... my memory is pretty shit these days.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    How awesome was Waxy's on Sunday!!!

Seriously, someone tell me how awesome it was. I can't remember it :( ;)

i keep reading that and laughing at it :D

the sunday afternoon 4 or 5 pints we had set us up quite nicely.

i cant remember much after midnight. :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Rob, Hitch, Chimey + Dunk....it was fuckin great. I haven't laughed so much in bloody ages....forgot about the obscene shadow puppets...class :D

I was just remembering tryin to dip stoney and she was having none of ;)

Fuck it....I pledge my grievence to the flag :p

By the way....that fookin set was one of the best ever
    I need a coffee!
    dunkman wrote:
    i keep reading that and laughing at it :D

the sunday afternoon 4 or 5 pints we had set us up quite nicely.

i cant remember much after midnight. :o
    I think I was back in the hotel at midnight. I was hammered by about 8 o clock :D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm back baby

The bro kept saying to me....how do you know him, how do you know her....and I just kept tellin him....its the PJ family my man, sharin the love

:):):) Helloooooooooooooo twas great seeing you and finally d'bruddah! Tell him thanks for the shot. Shame I had to run, I was up for a night of it at that stage... Damian had a hard time trying to get me to shut up once we got back to the room so the pair of them could sleep... I just couldn't stop, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Irish Al wrote:
    Rob, Hitch, Chimey + Dunk....it was fuckin great. I haven't laughed so much in bloody ages....forgot about the obscene shadow puppets...class :D

I was just remembering tryin to dip stoney and she was having none of

Fuck it....I pledge my grievence to the flag :p

By the way....that fookin set was one of the best ever
    speaking of flags... I forgot mine for the gig :(

Gonna bring 2 to Copenhagen tho... in case anyone else forgets theirs :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    speaking of flags... I forgot mine for the gig :(

Gonna bring 2 to Copenhagen tho... in case anyone else forgets theirs :)
    Yeah, it was odd not to see an Irish flag in the crowd. There's always one.
    Got a bit of an Olé goin though :D
    Yeah, it was odd not to see an Irish flag in the crowd. There's always one.
    Got a bit of an Olé goin though :D
    There was one thrown on the stage during RITFW to Mike. I wasn't sure but others said it to me afterwards... I can't believe I forgot it :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    I just wanted to shout out to all the folk here who I read but didnt know before Sunday night at Waxy's. At 6.30 we were sober and shy but Dunk, Jennifer, Sarah, San Diego, Colin and Dave made us welcome. We all followed San Diego to AKA in the rain, I lost my hubby at the cashpoint and you looked out for me and waited for us.

Thanks to you all, hope you loved the gig as much as me.

I'm uploading vids and photos and cant help crying at the memory, the emotion off the stage and in the crowd and the fact I dont have another PJ gig to look forwards too.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • Robin was great finally meeting you... and jrd too :) and vedder soup :) and oh jesus, I shouldn't start naming names cos I'll be here all fucking day :D

fins, I missed ya :( so you really do exist? :D

I thought I saw you as I passed the queue, earlier on that day. But I thought to myself, nah, that won't be Hells, she'll be in the pub, where I'm going!

We'll meet one day ...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Well... I met the elusive Fins... albeit briefly at the pub, I met him **ticks the list of things to do before she dies**
    Shame I had to run, I was up for a night of it at that stage....

why didnt you stay out with us then Hells.... we would have looked after ye ;)
  • redrock wrote:
    Well... I met the elusive Fins... albeit briefly at the pub, I met him **ticks the list of things to do before she dies**

Yes, it was good to meet you too! Did Decides2Dream head off to Europe, or did she go back to the States? I forget now. I was wearing my beerphones at the time. :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Yes, it was good to meet you too! Did Decides2Dream head off to Europe, or did she go back to the States? I forget now. I was wearing my beerphones at the time. :D
    Went off to Dusseldorf then Nijmegen, then back home. :D
    dunkman wrote:
    why didnt you stay out with us then Hells.... we would have looked after ye ;)
    :eek: that's what I was afraid of :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I thought I saw you as I passed the queue, earlier on that day. But I thought to myself, nah, that won't be Hells, she'll be in the pub, where I'm going!

We'll meet one day ...
    :( awww... nope, no pub for me!

Jaysus, the one time you feckin turn up to the meet up :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I think it was Helen I was telling about this ... but incase it wasn't ... and because some of the rest of you might not have seen this and want to here is a link to a conversation between Ed and the Iraq veteran that inspired No More ... it's on the website for the film that is on the soundtrack of http://www.bodyofwar.com/eddie-vedder.php

EDIT: and Kerensa's London pics are up!
    :):):) Helloooooooooooooo twas great seeing you and finally d'bruddah! Tell him thanks for the shot. Shame I had to run, I was up for a night of it at that stage... Damian had a hard time trying to get me to shut up once we got back to the room so the pair of them could sleep... I just couldn't stop, lol.

Yeah it was cool :D

I have to admit I did have tears in my eyes on a number of occasions during the night....as I think I told people over and over afterwards :o
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:

I have to admit I did have tears in my eyes on a number of occasions during the night....as I think I told people over and over afterwards :o

I was bawling like a baby through the whole thing. Lucky the roof was leaking above my head, so I could blame the precipitation. ;)
    Irish Al wrote:

yes you did... but its all good... i think we all felt emotional!!

Faithfull and Long Road were definitely THE songs for me on the night

i loved Greivance, Down and Green Disease as well :)
    I was bawling like a baby through the whole thing. Lucky the roof was leaking above my head, so I could blame the precipitation. ;)

Good one I'll use that excuse meself ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    yes you did... but its all good... i think we all felt emotional!!

Faithfull and Long Road were definitely THE songs for me on the night

i loved Greivance, Down and Green Disease as well :)

:o
    I need a coffee!
    photos up on tenclubs tour section
  • Who was responsible for the picture taking in Waxy's?

In particular the ones of people in the red wig? :eek:
    Who was responsible for the picture taking in Waxy's?

If it was to do with the red wig it would be Bob, V or Tomas I would think.
  • Chime wrote:
    If it was to do with the red wig it would be Bob, V or Tomas I would think.
    I have a feeling I might need to aprove one or two.. if what I heard is true :o
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Who was responsible for the picture taking in Waxy's?

the red wig!!!!!!! shiiiiiiiiiiiit... i'd forgotten all about that... :o
    are there any photos from Waxy's out there ? (there's so much to wade through in this thread...)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?