Mysterious movie trailer before Transformers last night...

Mike RenzellaMike Renzella Posts: 55
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Saw Transformers last night: 'eh', good effects, and action, but overall just....'eh'.

BUT there was a trailer before the movie that really peaked my interest. It was shot hand-held style and showed a bunch of people at a party, when all of a sudden the lights go out, and they run up to the roof to see a huge explosion in downtown NYC. There was no title for this movie, and it moved way too quickly to really tell what it was about, but I am definetely interested in finding out more about it!!!

Anyone have any ideas what it was all about?
"A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lannerslanners Posts: 458
    that trailer scared the crap out of a bunch of kids in the theatre when it showed before Transformers today.
    i. am. mine.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    the trailer was...eh

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    J.J. Abrams is responsible for the tv show Lost so this should be great.
  • iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    not on youtube as far as i can tell, but i saw it here just now:

http://mygeeknewz.com/node/1190

looks, 'eh' (oh brainofpj beat me to that :P)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    lanners wrote:
    that trailer scared the crap out of a bunch of kids in the theatre when it showed before Transformers today.

It scared mine. :p

My family enjoyed Transformers very much though. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    justam wrote:
    It scared mine. :p

My family enjoyed Transformers very much though. :)

Ditto; all they wanted to know was what the heck WAS that???
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
    kinetic wrote:
    Ditto; all they wanted to know was what the heck WAS that???

Exactly. My husband said "Maybe it's the beginning of the movie?" My ten year old said "No, they haven't dimmed the lights yet." :D:D:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    justam wrote:
    Exactly. My husband said "Maybe it's the beginning of the movie?" My ten year old said "No, they haven't dimmed the lights yet." :D:D:D

I kept waiting for a Transformer to show up and step on Bob.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
    kinetic wrote:
    I kept waiting for a Transformer to show up and step on Bob.

:) hehe
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    ok so i just watched the trailer and i have this question

How are they watching tv in a black out?

ok i watched a better on now not quite a black out but still odd
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    interesting. i am curious now.
  • iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    interesting. i am curious now.

haha, these marketing campaigns always get me they get you wondering what is going on. i guess its like watching lost really, and that has me hooked too
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    What's so mysterious about it? It's just Return of the Blair Witch..
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    if you go to http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com you can solve some puzzles and get secret messages from some dude. this is all supose to part of the marketing also.

or you can just watch all the videos here without hurting your head :P
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BIhi868U1s
    This post is © by gfraser
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    pretty ingenius marketing campaign fr a movie that will probably suck. Wasn't JJ Abrams also the mastermind behnd Mission Impossible 3.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    pretty ingenius marketing campaign fr a movie that will probably suck. Wasn't JJ Abrams also the mastermind behnd Mission Impossible 3.

i think your right. however this has sparked my intrest as it was intended lol
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I thought it was a preview for "War of the Worlds - Part 2"
    Bubba wrote:
    I thought it was a preview for "War of the Worlds - Part 2"

my first thought was a new godzilla then i thought war of the worlds 2 also.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Jericho: The Movie :D hehe
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    I remember when browsing through the necromonicon, "Ktulu" was defined as the evil dragon that lives in the molton fire located in the middle of the earth and when the dragon rises it will destroy the entire universe..... so i ask myself, who can stop this evil dragon??

my guess would be http://starwars-ep2.hp.infoseek.co.jp/godzilla_final_wars_01.jpg
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    ok first cthulhu isnt a dragon. second he is sleeping in the pacific. third cthulhu has no fire shooting things. and cthulhu wouldnt attack a city to destory it. the great old ones are above even wanting to kill all humans. unless humans get in the way the great old ones wont bother them. they view humans like we view insects. leave them alone and they wont squish you.

im thinking another godzilla but i didnt really look at the claw marks are the head. it something big but i think it came from outerspace. so i dont know what to guess.

but if it is cthulhu they so ruined everything about what cthulhu is with that movie.
    ok first cthulhu isnt a dragon. second he is sleeping in the pacific. third cthulhu has no fire shooting things. and cthulhu wouldnt attack a city to destory it. the great old ones are above even wanting to kill all humans. unless humans get in the way the great old ones wont bother them. they view humans like we view insects. leave them alone and they wont squish you.

im thinking another godzilla but i didnt really look at the claw marks are the head. it something big but i think it came from outerspace. so i dont know what to guess.

but if it is cthulhu they so ruined everything about what cthulhu is with that movie.

cant be godzilla because sony and some japanese guy owns the rights and apparently they are retired untill 2013. but who knows???
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The fact that it is opening on Jan 18th makes me wonder. I would think that if they thought it was going to be a blockbuster that it would open durring the summer instead.
    Brian